ADVERTISEMENT

Football Ole Miss too much for shorthanded Penn State to handle as Lions fall 38-25

O'Brien also responded to the sanctions by not really using many scholarships on OL, which hit the program harder in the years after he left. so there were many variables involved
Franklin tossed aside O'Brien's pro-style offense (where Hack did well as a freshman) and installed his 'mobile QB' scheme. Hack regressed badly in year 2, and only somewhat recovered in year 3. Also remember that Hack honored his commitment as a top freshman recruit when he could have gone elsewhere.

Passing
YearSchoolConfClassPosGCmpAttPctYdsY/AAY/ATDIntRate
2013Penn StateBig TenFRQB1223139258.929557.57.42010134.0
*2014Penn StateBig TenSOQB1327048455.829776.25.31215109.4
*2015Penn StateBig TenJRQB1319235953.525257.07.2166123.9
CareerPenn State693123556.184576.86.54831121.4

Reactions: MacNit2.0
Franklin tossed aside O'Brien's pro-style offense (where Hack did well as a freshman) and installed his 'mobile QB' scheme. Hack regressed badly in year 2, and only somewhat recovered in year 3. Also remember that Hack honored his commitment as a top freshman recruit when he could have gone elsewhere.

Passing
so what? O'Brien had two unremarkable seasons, then quit. Franklin had no obligation to keep his system. and then Franklin convinced Barkley to come here and won the Big Ten in his 3rd season. it's some serious revisionist history that O'Brien somehow had things on a better track, even if it might have fit one player better

so what? O'Brien had two unremarkable seasons, then quit. Franklin had no obligation to keep his system. and then Franklin convinced Barkley to come here and won the Big Ten in his 3rd season. it's some serious revisionist history that O'Brien somehow had things on a better track, even if it might have fit one player better
How many has he won since then?
You always adjust your scheme to fit your QB--always.

You need to rewatch some of that without the emotion
Again, it was said not a DI QB...which is probably the dumbest statement ever made here. I wonder if people even know what DI means sometimes.
73 QBR today which includes a lucky play and a lot of play into a prevent …. Again 7 tips, half dozen bad misses etc … play today was not D1 worthy and it’s not emotion, in fact the only emotional comment was you calling me dumb and stupid ..: oh and your comment about DA being a top 10 pick.

73 QBR today which includes a lucky play and a lot of play into a prevent …. Again 7 tips, half dozen bad misses etc … play today was not D1 worthy and it’s not emotion, in fact the only emotional comment was you calling me dumb and stupid ..: oh and your comment about DA being a top 10 pick.
So you still don't comprehend what D1 is?
I said "projected top 10 pick" which is not emotional or anything other than factual currently
If you don't think any QB on our roster play D1 football--which includes all of FCS you're dumb. That's, again, not emotional or an opinion.
You need to rewatch the game not worrying about who won the scrimmage that happened today

11-1 is possible next year. Washington, Ohio State and USC are all breaking in new QBs and we avoid Oregon and Michigan. 10-2 is just beating one team close to our level.
Need a better offense and find some cornerbacks because what was on display both offense and defense today did not cut it.

Reactions: scrivener
So you still don't comprehend what D1 is?
I said "projected top 10 pick" which is not emotional or anything other than factual currently
If you don't think any QB on our roster play D1 football--which includes all of FCS you're dumb. That's, again, not emotional or an opinion.
You need to rewatch the game not worrying about who won the scrimmage that happened today
Know exactly what D1 is and stand by what I said … regarding Allar and his body of work. Rather than little kid arguing with insults and emotion, try making a rational argument on facts.

Know exactly what D1 is and stand by what I said … regarding Allar and his body of work. Rather than little kid arguing with insults and emotion, try making a rational argument on facts.
So Allar couldn't start for any FCS team?
Nor could Beau?

I think you missed my original point. O'Brien was a much better QB coach and offensive mind for that time and Franklin completely changed the scheme. Hack's best comp%, TDs, and QB rating were his freshman year.
And they weren’t that great. Plus he had ARob. Without ARob, his freshman year stats likely would have been his worst year.

GCpGPrUXQAAdjKP
Look. Touch. Go for it all! Lol all gas, no
I am happily married. But I survive God things. The gals, in general, were fit, made up and dressed up. Many walked a long way in high heels.

Much respect and appreciation.

GCpGPrUXQAAdjKP

Reactions: lazydave841
So Allar couldn't start for any FCS team?
Nor could Beau?
Never said anything about Beau … I think a lot of teams would take Drew based simply on his practice film and measurables. He also could start … but at the end of the day, it’s what you do on the field that matters. I simply will state exactly what I have said and stand behind … nothing in his play yesterday or this season lead me to believe he is a D1 QB and I want to eat crow on this …

Lane is doing well for himself
Never said anything about Beau … I think a lot of teams would take Drew based simply on his practice film and measurables. He also could start … but at the end of the day, it’s what you do on the field that matters. I simply will state exactly what I have said and stand behind … nothing in his play yesterday or this season lead me to believe he is a D1 QB and I want to eat crow on this …
The D1 comment is utterly ridiculous and I think you know that. I also believe you started this by saying there wasn't a D1 QB on the roster but maybe that was someone else.

Allar wouldn't last 5 minutes in the portal and is clearly better than Beau. See Beau not being able to get the ball to Allar and costing us 12 yards on a simply throw. You and others just like Beau because he's run first and wears 9 so you think he's Trace.

The worst throw of the game was the TD to Nick. It was late and behind him when he only had 1 read on the play.

The worst throw of the game was the TD to Nick. It was late and behind him when he only had 1 read on the play.

I think you might be a touch hyper-critical of this throw. Between the play fake and stepping up in the pocket to avoid a sack, I thought the throw was fine. It wasn't perfect, but it was dropped between 3 defenders and then Nick made a good move to break it open.

Where was THIS Singleton at all year? AK will have fun with him as his Percy Harvin-esqe Slash back.

Reactions: royboy
I think you might be a touch hyper-critical of this throw. Between the play fake and stepping up in the pocket to avoid a sack, I thought the throw was fine. It wasn't perfect, but it was dropped between 3 defenders and then Nick made a good move to break it open.

Where was THIS Singleton at all year? AK will have fun with him as his Percy Harvin-esqe Slash back.
Throw was late and behind him. If Allar throws that he's bashed for it. Nick was open by 8-10 yards. Any QB can make that throw.

Hopefully Singleton is used in the slot a ton next year.

Throw was late and behind him. If Allar throws that he's bashed for it. Nick was open by 8-10 yards. Any QB can make that throw.

As you have told me before, you are better than that.

Two worst throws were the 12 yard loss lob by Beau and the big RAC pass by Warren. That was deflected and by some miracle found Warren still.

As you have told me before, you are better than that.

Two worst throws were the 12 yard loss lob by Beau and the big RAC pass by Warren. That was deflected and by some miracle found Warren still.
The lob pass to Warren was the worst decision of the game. By far.

Singleton was wide open. We haven't had anyone that open in...maybe all year...and he was late on it with one read and then made a poor throw. The pass to Allar was arguably the worst but when you have the opportunity for a big gain like that it weights the throw IMO.

I don't think you are being fair about the throw. It wasn't good.

Reactions: lazydave841
When does Coach Codutti give us a season summary of Allar? He spent all last year and part of this year slamming Clifford and telling us how Drew was the future. He said Clifford could never get us over the hump and Allar should get the start while Sean sits.

Just be honest, Clifford was a darn good QB playing with the same limitations we see now - No dominant WR options and a bad offensive scheme.

Let's hope the new OC can fix this.

Lane is doing well for himself
The D1 comment is utterly ridiculous and I think you know that. I also believe you started this by saying there wasn't a D1 QB on the roster but maybe that was someone else.

Allar wouldn't last 5 minutes in the portal and is clearly better than Beau. See Beau not being able to get the ball to Allar and costing us 12 yards on a simply throw. You and others just like Beau because he's run first and wears 9 so you think he's Trace.

Never said there was not a d1 qb on roster. Mixing up your fights .. understandable from how many fights you have at one time. I said DA was not a D1 QB … you called me dumb and stupid … haha on you. Then you called me emotional … another funny. Guy has all the potential …. And it is his first year as a starter … hope he improves. Want him badly to be a top 10 pick, but right now that is your third hilarious comment.

I don't think you are being fair about the throw. It wasn't good.

Shelton got beat by his man. Beau had to step forward to avoid the rush, which delayed the throw. I only said the throw was fine. The throw wasn't bad CONSIDERING the circumstances. It wasn't tipped. It didn't lead Singleton into the corner. It wasn't close to being INT'd. Go back and watch it (I did before replying). The only thing bad on the play was the LT blocking attempt.

Never said there was not a d1 qb on roster. Mixing up your fights .. understandable from how many fights you have at one time. I said DA was not a D1 QB … you called me dumb and stupid … haha on you. Then you called me emotional … another funny. Guy has all the potential …. And it is his first year as a starter … hope he improves. Want him badly to be a top 10 pick, but right now that is your third hilarious comment.
Right if you don't think he's a DI QB that'd the dumbest thing I've read on here. No emotion in that comment that's beyond idiotic.

I didn't say he was a top 10 pick. I said he's projected as one. Words. Like if you would have said he's not currently good enough to win a Big Ten title or beat elite teams or even a top tier P5 QB that would be reasonable. Saying he's not a DI QB isn't. That's pure emotion or not comprehending what you're saying.

I was excited when Singleton and Allen were both in the backfield on the first drive and we moved the ball on the ground. I was like, "Keep doing it until they stop us." We decided to stop ourselves instead.
I was watching the game with my future son in law and I said the same thing to him. Loved seeing them both in the game at the same time, then they didn’t do it the rest of the game. It would have been perfect for some of the short yardage situations because the defense would never know who was getting the ball.

Reactions: Ski
Remember when PSU was an affordable school with high attendance and a proud alumni base?

Well that model has been replicated by all of the southern schools. They are affordable. Most now provide a better education. They have large / proud alumni.

College football isn't going anywhere merely because PSU, in this respect, is dying.
Is that your complaint, affordability? You should cheer for the cheepest school you can find. You did not care about affordability up until 2012.

Why bring up affordability after a loss? Aren't you really just looking for something to complain about?

If affordability is really your issue then address that issue. Psu should cut sports that lose money. They should also
eliminate branch campuses that lose money and depts that lose money.

Ps. Community college in pa is now 22k a year.

Last edited:

Passing

Did you even watch hack as a freshman? He was brutal. Really was not that good. Near the bottom of the big 10 in QB rating, 3rd down completions and never won more than 7 games in a season! 7 games max.

Should I post his emu highlights again? His fumble 6 on the first play and nobody touched him. That was with O'Brien as çoach.

Reactions: NoBareFeet
Did you even watch hack as a freshman? He was brutal. Really was not that good. Near the bottom of the big 10 in QB rating, 3rd down completions and never won more than 7 games in a season! 7 games max.

Should I post his emu highlights again? His fumble 6 on the first play and nobody touched him. That was with O'Brien as çoach.
He was a freshman playing on a team that had massive defections (15) permitted due to the Sandusky debacle. You bozos who are comparing his cast -- and time to acclimate -- to Allar's are delusional.

Is that your complaint, affordability? You should cheer for the cheepest school you can find. You did not care about affordability up until 2012.

Why bring up affordability after a loss? Aren't you really just looking for something to complain about?

If affordability is really your issue then address that issue. Psu should cut sports that lose money. They should also
eliminate branch campuses that lose money and depts that lose money.

Ps. Community college in pa is now 22k a year.

Blah blah blah.

He was a freshman playing on a team that had massive defections (15) permitted due to the Sandusky debacle. You bozos who are comparing his cast -- and time to acclimate -- to Allar's are delusional.
It was not massive defections. One good wr, one good rb a p/k and a lb were the notable defections. Many of the defections were not even going to play. Your number included walk-ons and backups who were getting passed on the depth chart. Hack was a 7 win QB.

That was also the same system that lose to Ohio bobcats, Virginia, central Florida, Nebraska, Indiana and illinois. I guess we needed to keep yat great system. Probably should have kept butler as DC, Derek day as rb1 and a lb returning punts.

That team pretty had most of their starters. They place where they were hit was recruits who were not going to see the field until after obrien fled and Franklin got here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT