ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, so what do you do for a living?....

Doesn't it pi$$ you off that so many items in the gift shop at the OHB are made in China? Talk about rich in irony.

what pisses me off is the seal coming off of my pilsner glasses because the glue is cheap... as well as the parking, and the damn pedestal urinals in the OHB.... etc etc etc..... but that was quickly negated by the view in the cafeteria during summer Intern season....

funny how when you have someone that knows about it all, the feelings come flooding back. most of the time you suppress them because no one understands what you're talking about.

Last edited:
I was also an ERM Major and worked at a Haz Facility for a few years after graduation and got out to work in Insurance the last 25 years and I now am a VP who runs the Environmental Insurance Division of an International Insurance Company - we Insurance Haz Facilities and Environmental Consulting and Contracting Firms - you never forget the smell of those facilities though.
Lion84, Isn’t cool to see the different paths ERM leads people down. I know it’s true for life and other majors as well, but I bet heard many stories on the ERM major. Well rounded degree. Congrats on your career. Yes haz waste was interesting especially back in the early days. Remember being coated with scrubber slurry went a filter press seal blew out!

Plastic surgeon.

Hello Locolion. Any chance I could work out a payment plan for your services? After looking in the mirror, I think I could use some help...
monster_mirror.jpg

Retired Computer Scientist
Now I work part time as a ski instructor at Vail.
Curious... a good friend retired to Vail and became ski instructor. She was stricken with cv19 late March, laid up for nearly 2 weeks but now fully recovered. She indicated that both Vail and Aspen were hit early and hard by outbreaks. Did you see that?

Not a job but a ministry. I am a caregiver for Alzheimer’s disease and other infirm elderly patients. We are blessed to be a blessing.

so...looks like I'm the only janitor on the board....huh

might be looking for a new job in a few months though,I learn quickly, keep me in mind you movers and shakers

Curious... a good friend retired to Vail and became ski instructor. She was stricken with cv19 late March, laid up for nearly 2 weeks but now fully recovered. She indicated that both Vail and Aspen were hit early and hard by outbreaks. Did you see that?
Yes, actually I don't know specifically about Aspen but most resort towns were hit. Vail and the mountain towns were hit with several cases. The opinion was it was caused by the large number of visitors from all over the world. Initially Vail (Vail Resorts) decided that to ride the gondola or lift different groups would have to agree to ride together. If there wasn't agreement you would ride with your own group only. They essentially closed down all food services. This seemed pretty reasonable but within a day they just shut all their ski areas and commercial establishments down on March 15. There was no warning. The governor then closed down all ski areas in Colorado.

It was all very sudden and created all sorts of issues. All the people who had booked travel and ski weeks were suddenly out of luck. Felt really bad for those that had arrived on March 15. Some foreign instructors were basically stranded here as their countries weren't so quick or able to set up flights to repatriate them. Not sure how that's gone as I'm sure several would have stayed passed their visas. Vail has been working with them. There was LOTS of inaccurate information spewed about how Vail was treating them.

Vail Resorts is VERY corporate but for the most part they have worked with people. Of course it's true they don't pay much. Always tip your ski instructor, they don't make squat and the full timers need tips to live, especially here.

Here's a video you might like from about a month ago which shows the village as a ghost town. I'm not sure you can get it, it's from the Vail Valley FB page. I couldn't find the video on the papers site. I don't know how to post videos so this is the link. Hope it works for you. Lots of people/businesses losing lots of money.

I guess that didn't work. Actually click on the word Facebook and I guess if you have an account it runs.

Fire watcher...or maybe underachiever.

I'm a microbiologist and college professor in the suburbs of Philadelphia.

Reactions: PSUfiji
Retired Computer Scientist
Now I work part time as a ski instructor at Vail.

Nice. I did the opposite. After I graduated from PSU in '91 I moved to Tahoe was a ski bum for a year before returning back east for grad school. Are they still teaching the stem christie? One of my best friends from PA moved to Aspen after college and never left the area (lives in Carbondale now).

One of my customers has a putting green and it has some yellowish fungus creeping through all over it. What do you recommend to kill that off and are there any repercussions to the turf once the fungus dies off?
I'd experiment w/ an electric pressure washer from about 2' away to see if you can get it off. Just be careful not to tear the yarn apart. Might need to put a drum roller on it after that. Then it's a matter of what's causing it? Is it near an edge where you could pull it up and see what's going on underneath? Is it organic material (leaves, etc.) ground into the surface?

Reactions: step.eng69
Man - not a lot of ditch diggers in here. No wonder why there are so many know it alls here - lotsa smart people on the board......who act like 3 year olds, but still smart

I'd experiment w/ an electric pressure washer from about 2' away to see if you can get it off. Just be careful not to tear the yarn apart. Might need to put a drum roller on it after that. Then it's a matter of what's causing it? Is it near an edge where you could pull it up and see what's going on underneath? Is it organic material (leaves, etc.) ground into the surface?
It’s in a shady area that’s constantly covered in birch leaves and never dries out. It’s never been brought up by the customer for me to do something about it, it just bothers the hell out of me. I have a 3,000 psi power washer and it’ll blast the herpes off of most genitals so I assume that would be too harsh for the material.

It’s in a shady area that’s constantly covered in birch leaves and never dries out. It’s never been brought up by the customer for me to do something about it, it just bothers the hell out of me. I have a 3,000 psi power washer and it’ll blast the herpes off of most genitals so I assume that would be too harsh for the material.
Just be very careful from as far away as possible. You'll see what it's doing to the yarn if you get too close. Sounds like the base material has sunk over the years. Also, he needs to blow the leaves off periodically.

Reactions: step.eng69
Couldn't he just spray it with a bleach solution or treat it with fungicide like HeritageG?

Nice. I did the opposite. After I graduated from PSU in '91 I moved to Tahoe was a ski bum for a year before returning back east for grad school. Are they still teaching the stem christie? One of my best friends from PA moved to Aspen after college and never left the area (lives in Carbondale now).
Tahoe is awesome, Honeymooned there too many years ago to say. No more stem christie. Frankly I don't know why. Skiing on modern equipment is ridiculously easy. I mean, from never ever to parallel in 2 days. Not always but frequently. Of course if you get a never will be, all bets are off.

A good friend tried to get me to go out to CO and get on ski school while I was in grad school. If I had survived my parents killing me, I probably would have never left. In retrospect I wish I had done it. Anybody that tells you age is just a number is either lying or a 40 year old that has no idea what's coming. Wish I had my college age body back.

Controller for manufacturing company, also Inventory Control Manager
Now retired....

Just be very careful from as far away as possible. You'll see what it's doing to the yarn if you get too close. Sounds like the base material has sunk over the years. Also, he needs to blow the leaves off periodically.
I service the lawn weekly and if we do nothing else when we show up, the putting green gets blown off. It was there when I took the property over in 2017, the fungus that is. I have no idea what the material is. I may have a pic somewhere if I find it I’ll drop it in your Twitter. I think you’re on there.

I service the lawn weekly and if we do nothing else when we show up, the putting green gets blown off. It was there when I took the property over in 2017, the fungus that is. I have no idea what the material is. I may have a pic somewhere if I find it I’ll drop it in your Twitter. I think you’re on there.
send it to mtnittany@yahoo.com If you DO try to pressure clean it (as far away as possible, and stop immediately if you see yarn flying), know that it will wind up a different color than the rest of it. Over time, they'll come back closer together. This is why I don't like building greens in the woods. The owner spends more time w/ his leaf blower than his putter.

Reactions: jim cummings
Man - not a lot of ditch diggers in here. No wonder why there are so many know it alls here - lotsa smart people on the board......who act like 3 year olds, but still smart
yeah I feel like I'm on the caddy side of caddyshack here

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT