ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, so what do you do for a living?....

I've been in database and frontend application development, analysis, etc for 24 years... been a 1st & 3rd grade teacher part time since March 16th. I can't wait to go back to my regular job.

Reactions: psuro
Retired State Trooper.....Now working for a Golf Course & as a brewer at a local Micro
If you are near Harrisburg, I could be a part time beer taster at your brewery also. like at Troegs, I pay for this position

Well according to some experts on a thread posted here earlier this week, I'm a thief. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Reactions: step.eng69
You have no idea just how symbiotic though. Our dealership is giving away free oil changes to essential workers right now. I'm actually stealing directly from the cops, like literally right out of their cars.

It's great. Just got an ashtray full of change.

You have no idea just how symbiotic though. Our dealership is giving away free oil changes to essential workers right now. I'm actually stealing directly from the cops, like literally right out of their cars.

It's great. Just got an ashtray full of change.
Are you in Miami-Dade? A friend who lives near Zoo Miami is car shopping, and wants to get a new one when quarantine is lifted.

Reactions: PSUfiji
Are you in Miami-Dade? A friend who lives near Zoo Miami is car shopping, and wants to get a new one when quarantine is lifted.

No, I'm in Charleston. If your friend is interested in a Ford product, we should talk before they purchase anything. I'm saying that from a service perspective, as in what will they have to deal with after the purchase.

PSU MBA '83, accountant, was a partner at a big 4, at a specialty consulting firm last 18 years ....

and if you are retired, what did you do as a career before retiring. Some folks have their profession in in their board names....not really looking for specifics, just a general idea...

Engineering for me.
Had 4 careers: 1.PM, designed and built Haz waste treatment facilities using ERM degree. Went into sales in env field. 18 yrs.
2. Vp for home building co. 9yrs
3 . VP, electrical distributor, industrial automation 11yrs.
4. Now Team Leader/Ceo, Keller Williams real estate franchise. 2yrs.
and if you are retired, what did you do as a career before retiring. Some folks have their profession in in their board names....not really looking for specifics, just a general idea...

Engineering for me.

Had 4 careers: 1.PM, designed and built Haz waste treatment facilities using ERM degree. Went into sales in env field. 18 yrs.
2. Vp for home building co. 9yrs
3 . VP, electrical distributor, industrial automation 11yrs.
4. Now Team Leader/Ceo, Keller Williams real estate franchise. 2yrs.
I was also an ERM Major and worked at a Haz Facility for a few years after graduation and got out to work in Insurance the last 25 years and I now am a VP who runs the Environmental Insurance Division of an International Insurance Company - we Insurance Haz Facilities and Environmental Consulting and Contracting Firms - you never forget the smell of those facilities though.

Reactions: BriarwoodBash
Interesting with so many engineers responding. I too was an engineer for Cutler hammer before getting in to education. Winder how many if us may have actually been in some classes together. Something like an Emech or Phys 201, stuff that I believe all engineers took.

Interesting with so many engineers responding. I too was an engineer for Cutler hammer before getting in to education. Winder how many if us may have actually been in some classes together. Something like an Emech or Phys 201, stuff that I believe all engineers took.
Depends also on where you took them...branch campus, Univ Park, and what years....

I wonder if any of us have crossed paths professionally...

I'm up in Lewisburg at Jackass Brewery. You need to come up and play a round at the Bucknell Golf Club....build up a good thirst and hit us up at the brewery.
I've played Bucknell before, but our Tuesday group, never went to your brewery. I will make a suggestion

Reactions: Dragons 62
My preadmission testing for Penn State indicated that my responses showed I had inclinations towards a career as an: accountant, printer, or priest. I went the way of Accounting.

27907708_10214013612588040_4242073686529283739_o.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT