ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State - Nebraska game thread

The B1G Network and OSU are both jokes. OSU is BY FAR the most overrated team in the last 3 to 4 years.
I think the Nebraska hype early in the season surpasses the OSU hype. I frankly don't think it's hype. OSU is really good - but they are still mostly Meyer players. Let's see what happens as those players filter out over the next couple of years. We'll know much more about Day in two or three years when it's all his players.

Reactions: ftlpsu
I'm throwing this out there, I do not like J. Fields, plain and simple. I'm tired of the plug n' play qb's, and their lame excuses of landing in places like OSU, Mich, and OU. It's not jealousy either. You can see the future of CFB and it will be the same 4 or 5 teams unless you get an 8 or 16 team playoff.

I don't blame the kids tough. Or the schools. This is the system all teams play by. Jalen Hurts and Justin Fields both did what was best for them in their attempt to reach the next level. Fields looks like a great QB. Why should he be sitting on the bench behind another great QB? And, someone like Hurts, who did everything the right way last year should absolutely be given this opportunity.

I have a much bigger issue with what happened at Houston this year.

Reactions: dailybuck777
Nebraska is just bad all around. Terrible defense with no fundamentals. Special teams are a mess. Offensively they have 2 very good RBs, but a QB who can't read a defense and can't throw a catchable ball to save his life.

I don't blame the kids tough. Or the schools. This is the system all teams play by. Jalen Hurts and Justin Fields both did what was best for them in their attempt to reach the next level. Fields looks like a great QB. Why should he be sitting on the bench behind another great QB?

Because that's the school he picked. Of course I'm old fashioned. I think college football should be played by college students. I think most of these transfers (excluding grad students) turn out to be a big setback academically. If they have to sit a year that time can be used to make the academic as well as athletic transition. Sadly that rule doesn't seem to apply an longer.

Reactions: odshowtime
Because that's the school he picked. Of course I'm old fashioned. I think college football should be played by college students. I think most of these transfers (excluding grad students) turn out to be a big setback academically. If they have to sit a year that time can be used to make the academic as well as athletic transition. Sadly that rule doesn't seem to apply an longer.

Yeah, we're just not on the same page. Kids should transfer instead of sitting. There's no point for someone like Fields, arguably a top 5-10 QB in the nation, to sit when he can be playing elsewhere. I'll say this if/when Levis or anyone else transfers from Penn State as well.

I don't know when you think college football was played by "college students". Technically it is but academics have nothing to do with college football these days other than staying eligible. College football is big business first and foremost and that's been the case for decades. College football is essentially a developing grounds for the NFL. That's the primary reason these kids are risking their short and long term health to play. They want to play in the NFL. The degree means almost nothing to them.

Why should a kid sit when coaches can leave? And why should they have to sit out a year? You seem to believe that's necessary of the transition but what evidence exists that those that don't sit struggle academically upon transfer?

Ideally Penn State starts using the portal as intended. If/once that happens I think most will change their tune about it.

[QUOTE="JusticeBarkley, post: 4350748, member:]

academics have nothing to do with college football these days other than staying eligible.

That's the primary reason these kids are risking their short and long term health to play. They want to play in the NFL.

The degree means almost nothing to them.

[/QUOTE]

That's tragic. Kids are being abused. Very few make an NFL roster.

Goes to show that Nebraska is yet over hyped. Maybe not as much as Michigan, but still overhyped...

OSU is soooo overrate. I could see them losing 2-3 games this year. After a few games against some teams that actually play defense, I’d be surprised if Fields is even still starting by year’s end. PSU will beat Ahia State by double digits.

OSU is soooo overrate. I could see them losing 2-3 games this year. After a few games against some teams that actually play defense, I’d be surprised if Fields is even still starting by year’s end. PSU will beat Ahia State by double digits.

Starting early today.

Goes to show that Nebraska is yet over hyped. Maybe not as much as Michigan, but still overhyped...

The thing is there's no good reason for them to be this bad this year. They really should have improved. But possibly they've regressed.

That's the primary reason these kids are risking their short and long term health to play. They want to play in the NFL. The degree means almost nothing to them.
Absolutely false. Such a small percentage make it to the NFL and they know it. I worked with a guy that played at PSU...he knew his shot at the NFL was not great due to his size, so he used football to get a degree now he’s a lawyer. Most players realize it’s a long shot at best and most know they have no shot.

Reactions: KnightSlayer
I'm throwing this out there, I do not like J. Fields, plain and simple. I'm tired of the plug n' play qb's, and their lame excuses of landing in places like OSU, Mich, and OU. It's not jealousy either. You can see the future of CFB and it will be the same 4 or 5 teams unless you get an 8 or 16 team playoff.
Didn;t he ultimately reject PSU?

You need to learn trolling from Wolve1972.

That said - you guys look good. UM fans will be knashing their teeth seeing Greg Mattison’s defense light them up this year.

Reactions: Thomas1945
Well, yes, but it’s always the same teams. Yesterday, both Notre Dame and Oklahoma joined the 900 win club. M, OSU, Texas, Nebraska were already there. I don’t care if they go to 8, 16, the same football powers are going to be there.

Well, yes, but it’s always the same teams. Yesterday, both Notre Dame and Oklahoma joined the 900 win club. M, OSU, Texas, Nebraska were already there. I don’t care if they go to 8, 16, the same football powers are going to be there.
But if they go to 8 and include conference winners, at least other teams have a shot at getting in. The way it is now, everyone is battling for one spot (outside of Clemson, Bama and Oklahoma...even if those teams lose a game).

I don't blame the kids tough. Or the schools. This is the system all teams play by. Jalen Hurts and Justin Fields both did what was best for them in their attempt to reach the next level. Fields looks like a great QB. Why should he be sitting on the bench behind another great QB? And, someone like Hurts, who did everything the right way last year should absolutely be given this opportunity.

I have a much bigger issue with what happened at Houston this year.

Maybe don't sign at a top school that recruits elite players (especially at QB) every year. Fields knew the QB situation at Georgia before he signed and Hurts knew Bama recruits top players every year including QB's. If they don't want to sit behind other elite players do some research and go to a school that doesn't recruit other 5* QB's. Hurts is actually a grad transfer so I have no issue with him at OU.

Maybe don't sign at a top school that recruits elite players (especially at QB) every year. Fields knew the QB situation at Georgia before he signed and Hurts knew Bama recruits top players every year including QB's. If they don't want to sit behind other elite players do some research and go to a school that doesn't recruit other 5* QB's. Hurts is actually a grad transfer so I have no issue with him at OU.

I get where you're coming from but I'd make rather a kid go to a top program, compete for the job and then make a decision to move on if they feel that's best for them. Kid > Program IMO.

Love this nonsense. Hope you aren’t betting your house on either OSU loss count or a PSU win over them. If you are I am in for whatever amount you choose.

I think the Nebraska hype early in the season surpasses the OSU hype. I frankly don't think it's hype. OSU is really good - but they are still mostly Meyer players. Let's see what happens as those players filter out over the next couple of years. We'll know much more about Day in two or three years when it's all his players.
They are still recruiting @ a very high level.

The B1G Network and OSU are both jokes. OSU is BY FAR the most overrated team in the last 3 to 4 years.
So, what does that say about Michigan, then? Let's see...in 2018 you had the #1 defense, "Revenge Tour," BIG CG lock...and 62-39. In 2019, you had predictions that it was "Harbaugh's year," CFP-bound...and 35-14 (and it wasn't that close). Get outta here with that "most overrated" nonsense, coming from a Michigan fan.

I think it's between he and Tua. The little I have watched of OU, Jalen has been electric.
I think they should implement a rule for the Heisman...if you’re not good enough to beat out someone for a starting position and you transfer, you’re not eligible to win the Heisman because you’re obviously not the best player in the country, hell, you weren’t even the best player on your previous team.

I think they should implement a rule for the Heisman...if you’re not good enough to beat out someone for a starting position and you transfer, you’re not eligible to win the Heisman because you’re obviously not the best player in the country, hell, you weren’t even the best player on your previous team.
One example- Joe Flacco transferred out of Pitt to Delaware.

Some players transfer out because different style systems fits him better.....especially on offense. Example: Shea has thrived in the UM system - fits his style. Should help him when he enters the NFL draft. IMO, the Heisman eventually comes down to Shea and Jalen Hurts who backed up Tua but has absolutely exploded in Lincoln Riley's system

Last edited:
Reactions: burghBuck
Some players transfer out because different style systems fits him better.....especially on offense. Example: Shea has thrived in the UM system - fits his style. Should help him when he enters the NFL draft. IMO, the Heisman eventually comes down to Shea and Jalen Hurts who backed up Tua but has absolutely exploded in Lincoln Riley's system
Okay, now I get it, you are just trolling. No way you could believe the things you type. I have a better shot at winning the Heisman than shea.

Reactions: dailybuck777
Okay, now I get it, you are just trolling. No way you could believe the things you type. I have a better shot at winning the Heisman than shea.
No. I'm serious. Both Shea and UM had big-time injury issues the first 3 or 4 games. Everyone is healthy now and absolutely rolling. Their last game should be proof. Watch the numbers he puts up the rest of the year.

No. I'm serious. Both Shea and UM had big-time injury issues the first 3 or 4 games. Everyone is healthy now and absolutely rolling. Their last game should be proof. Watch the numbers he puts up the rest of the year.

Rutgers?
He would have to put up HUGE numbers and not lose again the rest of the year to win the heisman. Again, I have a better chance.

They should give the Heisman to Lincoln Riley...it’s obviously his system and not the QB. And Patterson would be mediocre in any system.

So, what does that say about Michigan, then? Let's see...in 2018 you had the #1 defense, "Revenge Tour," BIG CG lock...and 62-39. In 2019, you had predictions that it was "Harbaugh's year," CFP-bound...and 35-14 (and it wasn't that close). Get outta here with that "most overrated" nonsense, coming from a Michigan fan.

This is you being an asshole on our board:

Just so we're clear here. Let's say Urban Meyer was hired at Penn State, he'd be forced to sign the "We Do Things the Right Way" contract? Would that be a deal breaker? Would he not be hired if he refused to sign it?

At Penn State, none of Meyer's players would leave early. At least not without getting their degree first. He'd be instructed early that PSU isn't a football factory. It's a place of higher learning where the student athletes play football for fun on Saturdays.

He'd probably just implement something like this, to at least make it appear that he cared about the player's futures.

You are a douche, and have always been one on this board, for as long as you have been posting here.
Cool story Bro

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT