ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Iowa Game Thread

Roberson had 4 passes to start the drive. 0 for 4. Way to many procedure penalties late. Epic implosion...

That's the story of many JF losses
I blamed Franklin for several losses in the early years but I don't know how you can blame this one on him. Roberson just isn't ready to compete at this level. He missed two wide open receivers on that last drive. I'm not sure Roberson is good enough to beat Illinois.

All of those throws were terrible. Roberson has no touch and couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn at this point. Super difficult position for him to be in, but this is Big 10 football. The kid must not complete passes on air.
He is typical runNing QB who has a tight zip on a spiral thus make him a Qb..dime dozen where I live…

Cliff get healthy by OSU, win that game, get another shot at these worthless losers again. Booing injured players is classless, but it’s who they are.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Now perhaps many of you will understand just how badly "Will" is missed.

All CJF had to do was give him meaningful plays to run; not just those damn stupid our tough running QB is in to pound out a few yards or that stupid 2QB set!

I don't care or give a rats ass what any critic of this post has to say.

This disaster started last year.

Hell, the smart back-up QB's are all the ones who LEFT!

#2 IMO does NOT play another down this year.

He probably was in the bathroom - shitting his pants - because he knew he was going into the game!

What a shit show!!

Congrats to Iowa. They did what they had to. Bookies had it right. 43 is just over and Iowa covers dead on balls.

Nobody expected us to lose SC, but that's part of the game.

Ugh. This game could have been so different. I feel bad for the fellas and for Roberson. Unfortunately, we are just not deep enough at some positions and are unable to run the ball, which was going to catch up at some point.

It was fun while it lasted. I'm not sure I can even watch the rest of the season if Clifford isn't playing.

No, the moment of the game was not the Iowa TD.

The moment of the game was when Clifford got roughed and hurt. The halftime score would not have been as close as PSU wasted 2 possessions before the half, and would have won by 3 TD's with Clifford playing healthy the whole game.

All of those throws were terrible. Roberson has no touch and couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn at this point. Super difficult position for him to be in, but this is Big 10 football. The kid must not complete passes on air.
i don't think any of his receivers helped him, which didn't get him into any kind or rhythm or confidence passing..defense ran out of gas and made one big mistake...if it takes knocking out a hot QB, and leveraging noise against a very inexperienced backup QB, I can live with that. Penn State would beat this team if both didn't happen 7 out of 10 times.

Reactions: wilbury
Game ball goes to whoever injured Clifford, regardless of whoever the announcers annoint...
wow QB 2 is bad
Perhaps, but that is why Allar and Pribula are so important to the near-term success of the program.

btw, CJF would be absolutely roasted if PSU took knees like that with time still on the clock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT