ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL. [insert the face here] National Championship Game Thread: bama vs. clemson

Clemson Cheerleaders>Alabama Cheerleaders>PSU Cheerleaders.
The Clemson pom pom girls in the shiny orange and purple outfits are, according to my son's roomie who went to Clemson, called the "Rally Cats." He said they are "way hotter" than the Clemson cheerleaders. Roughly the same thing applies at Alabama, except that their hottie pom pom girls are called the Crimsonettes.

Saban is processing guys on the flight back to Tuscaloosa so he add some more 5 stars to this class.
Processing guys, firing coaches, cursing out the flight attendants....it’s all good, it’s just Nick coaching. And next year they may be the first team to get into the playoffs with two losses....after all, it’s Bama.

Yep. You might as well have said a thousand miles.
It's not an insurmountable task! A young JVP defied the naysayers and did recruit solid talent, worked tirelessly in developing these kids and prepared for each and every game whether it was Rutgers or Alabama. I firmly believe that Coach Franklin is going to start landing some of these kids primarily due to Urban Meyer announcing retirement and maybe to Bama's poor performance. Right now the question mark is the development of athletes and X's & O's and even there I believe there will be improvement.

Last edited:
Got to give Dabo and Clemson credit. They don't get the volume of 5* recruits that Bama gets, but they get them in the right places to be able to beat them twice in the last three years.

The Clemson pom pom girls in the shiny orange and purple outfits are, according to my son's roomie who went to Clemson, called the "Rally Cats." He said they are "way hotter" than the Clemson cheerleaders. Roughly the same thing applies at Alabama, except that their hottie pom pom girls are called the Crimsonettes.
And at Penn State they are called the Lionettes.

And, to be fair, same question: if Trace had thrown the ball like Clemson tonight, would PSU have lost a game?

Clemsom QB threw some inaccurate passes, just like Trace, but his receivers adjusted and made catches. PSU 2018 receivers missed many catches that were right in their laps, which the Clemson WRs did not do. You believe that is "fair"??

PSU WRs could have easily caught more balls for at least 2 more wins, and possibly more.

Clemsom QB threw some inaccurate passes, just like Trace, but his receivers adjusted and made catches. PSU 2018 receivers missed many catches that were right in their laps, which the Clemson WRs did not do. You believe that is "fair"??

PSU WRs could have easily caught more balls for at least 2 more wins, and possibly more.

The Clemson receivers caught EVERYTHING last night no question about it. But the balls were there to be caught. (The one Clemson TD crossing in the end zone looked like a McSorley-Johnson Iowa TD replay.)

I posted last night somewhere in one of these threads that PSU receivers possibly had more drops (%) than any other team in the country this past year. But at the same time PSU possibly had more uncatchable throws (%) than any other team in the country this past year.

The Clemson receivers caught EVERYTHING last night no question about it. But the balls were there to be caught. (The one Clemson TD crossing in the end zone looked like a McSorley-Johnson Iowa TD replay.)

I posted last night somewhere in one of these threads that PSU receivers possibly had more drops (%) than any other team in the country this past year. But at the same time PSU possibly had more uncatchable throws (%) than any other team in the country this past year.

Illinois: You obviously did not get to see much of this last season's Cal football team. Consider yourself fortunate for that.

Illinois: You obviously did not get to see much of this last season's Cal football team. Consider yourself fortunate for that.

Well, 7-6 with a good season start, several nice wins and a couple others they could have won, certainly not bad.

So sorry to read about Cal’s young player that passed away recently, terrible terrible news.

Well, 7-6 with a good season start, several nice wins and a couple others they could have won, certainly not bad.

So sorry to read about Cal’s young player that passed away recently, terrible terrible news.
Yeah, we've had too many players die in the last few years. Seems like the last thing you would imagine happening to a nineteen year old.

I posted last night somewhere in one of these threads that PSU receivers possibly had more drops (%) than any other team in the country this past year.

I saw that "official looking" press release earlier this year stating that Trace had more passes dropped than any other QB in the country. Then, I started thinking about that "statistic". Mostly, where in the heck do they come up with a statistic like that and how can it be accurate?

We all see the game and individual statistics for offense, defense, kicking, rushing, passing, receptions, etc. But, I have NEVER seen a box score that included the statistic "dropped passes". Furthermore, that has to be a very subjective opinion. What is a "dropped pass"? Is it one that hits a receiver in the numbers? Is it one that hits a receiver in the hands? What if the ball is thrown behind him, too high, too low, too far out of bounds? What if he is hit just as he makes the grab? There can't possibly be one guy who watches all college football games each week to judge what is and isn't a dropped pass in each game and ... then go on to compare all 130 teams in that category.

Thus, I think that "dropped passes" statistic is complete made up BS, although I don't disagree by the "eye test" that PSU receivers dropped more passes in 2018 than than the prior two years..

Absolutely agree, I have never seen anything official or unofficial, you could have five different people watch a team’s complete season and come up with five different numbers re: catchable drops (and uncatchable throws).

Also watching a game live, you might have one opinion. Watch a replay, stop action, you might have a totally different opinion. Throw in a different camera angle, who knows!

I watch A LOT of CFB....but obviously just a VERY subjective personal opinion on my part.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT