ADVERTISEMENT

The Three Horsemen of the Apocalypse

GogglesPaizano

Feb 6, 2018
There are so many good things to talk about with this team, one item is still flying under the radar a bit, the freshmen. They each seem to get better every week. All three were potential if not probable redshirts to start the year. These are amazing times with talent busting at the seams.

Davis at 125 - the weight is a hot mess. The top 15+ seem to be near the same level and he surely is cementing himself in that conversation. Nit the hot mess part :) My prediction = AA

Kasak 149 - he is upping his game everytime out, with every ranked kid in his path he is more creative and more confident. We have a good one here. My prediction = AA

Mesenbrink 165 - He is just plain scary. When is he going to see his real first challenge? Great attutude, incredible motor, tenatious and aggressive. He lets it fly. Who does he start to remind you of? I don't care who you are, no one is going to want to face this kid in the tourney. My prediction = High AA.

Honorable mention = Although Barr is not a starter, but did you hear what Carter said about him today? "He going to be a national champion, multi-time national champion". The last time I heard that kind of talk from one of our kids, was Mark Hall talking about Carter.

It's still early and the meat of the big 10 dual season is around the corner. There will be some loses in there, but with that comes growth. I love what I am seeing from our under-ranked and unranked three horses. Death and destruction lies ahead to many that will face them. All three are exceeding our pre-season expectations. Enjoy!!!

Last edited:
And these hungry guys are waiting in the wings for their shot.

b3zh1hscx7q61.png

The three of them have drawn some of the toughest matchups in every match and they keep winning every match. Between the three of them, they have one total loss on the season, and that loss was to a teammate at a tournament. You could not possibly ask for any more from them.

The crazy part is looking at who is coming in the 24 and 25 classes. Penn State could lose two 4-timers after this season and get better .

There are so many good things to talk about with this team, one weekend is still flying under the radar a bit, the freshmen. They each seem to get better every week. All three were potential if not probable redshirts to start the year. These are amazing times with talent busting at the seams.

Davis at 125 - the weight is a hot mess. The top 15+ seem to be near the same level and he surely is cementing himself in that conversation. Nit the hot mess part :) My prediction = AA

Kasak 149 - he is upping his game everytime out, with every ranked kid in his path he is more creative and more confident. We have a good one here. My prediction = AA

Mesenbrink 165 - He is just plain scary. When is he going to see his real first challenge? Great attutude, incredible motor, tenatious and aggressive. He lets it fly. Who does he start to remind you of? I don't care who you are, no one is going to want to face this kid in the tourney. My prediction = High AA.

Honorable mention = Although Barr is not a starter, but did you hear what Carter said about him today? "He going to be a national champion, multi-time national champion". The last time I heard that kind of talk from one of our kids, was Mark Hall talking about Carter.

It's still early and the meat of the big 10 dual season is around the corner. There will be some loses in there, but with that comes growth. I love what I am seeing from our under-ranked and unranked three horses. Death and destruction lies ahead to many that will face them. All three are exceeding our pre-season expectations. Enjoy!!!
Who does MM remind you of?

Who does MM remind you of?
Let's say a bit of a blend of 60% Nolf with the let it fly action, risk taking and gas tank, admittedly maybe short a little Nolf's incomperable unequaled creativity; coupled with 40% Zain's action, dominance, and a man who just breaks people. Too many of their matches ended in 'OMG what did I just witness' type thoughts. Mitch is that same sort of cat.

We will see how far he can go in his first year, in arguably the most stacked weight class. I think there is a chance.... This much I am certain. Starting next year, he is going to have his own signature style, much like Nolf and Zain did, and no one in the country is going to want to come anywhere near him. His matches will lead to humiliation. He is going to run the table for multiple years.

There are so many good things to talk about with this team, one item is still flying under the radar a bit, the freshmen. They each seem to get better every week. All three were potential if not probable redshirts to start the year. These are amazing times with talent busting at the seams.

MM is like Nolf

Let's say a bit of a blend of 60% Nolf with the let it fly action, risk taking and gas tank, admittedly maybe short a little Nolf's incomperable unequaled creativity; coupled with 40% Zain's action, dominance, and a man who just breaks people. Too many of their matches ended in 'OMG what did I just witness' type thoughts. Mitch is that same sort of cat.

We will see how far he can go in his first year, in arguably the most stacked weight class. I think there is a chance.... This much I am certain. Starting next year, he is going to have his own signature style, much like Nolf and Zain did, and no one in the country is going to want to come anywhere near him. His matches will lead to humiliation. He is going to run the table for multiple years.
They must of been in deep water wrestling each other and Carter said " damn, im too old for this. The guy is psycho". Clark Kent with Clark would be my choice for a nickname. On to Kasak.

I feel like MM is a different animal. He’s like a combination of a bunch of PSU greats. His attack rate is like nolfs, the way he moves and can go behind guys remind me a lot like rby and his top game with the hammer lock reminds me of zain.

He gets to learn from some the greatest wrestling minds at AWA and the PSU room. I don’t like to say he’s the next nolf because I think we may just be seeing the development of the greatest folk style wrestler of all time in front of our eyes. All of his matches are must watch TV if you’re a true wrestling fan.

Reactions: hlstone
I feel like MM is a different animal. He’s like a combination of a bunch of PSU greats. His attack rate is like nolfs, the way he moves and can go behind guys remind me a lot like rby and his top game with the hammer lock reminds me of zain.

He gets to learn from some the greatest wrestling minds at AWA and the PSU room. I don’t like to say he’s the next nolf because I think we may just be seeing the development of the greatest folk style wrestler of all time in front of our eyes. All of his matches are must watch TV if you’re a true wrestling fan.
I admire your optimism, but I think it’s a bit premature to talk about the greatest folkstyle wrestler of all time. LOL.

I admire your optimism, but I think it’s a bit premature to talk about the greatest folkstyle wrestler of all time. LOL
Yeah. Let's see him navigate the big 10 dual schedule and get a few benchmark wins. Then our unbridaled optimism can start to focus on the Bigs and Nationals.

As for best folk styler of all time? You're crazy, those in the know, know that's going to be PJ Duke :)

Ok, now that we are through the Big 10s riding the freshman, none of which were locks to start the season:

Davis - Grade A+ - don't lie with a true freshman backup we would have been happy with a national qualifier

Kasak - Grade A+ - ditto Davis, what else can be said

Mesenbrink - A+ - the collective pretty much knew he was a hammer destined for great things, but many thought he would be an Oly redshirt and Facundo would go. Did we predict a #2 Seed at nationals this year? I don't think so. 3 more years of him being the guy no one wants to wrestle. The kid is more than special!!!!

Last edited:
Ok, now that we are through the Big 10s riding the freshman, none of which were locks to start the season:

Davis - Grade A+ - don't lie with a true freshman backup we would have been happy with a national qualifier

Kasak - Grade A+ - ditto Davis, what else can be said

Mesenbrink - A+ - the collective pretty much knew he was a hammer destined for great things, but many thought he would be an Oly redshirt and Facundo would go. Did we predict a #2 Seed at nationals this year? I don't think so. 3 more years of him being the guy no one wants to wrestle. The kid is more than special!!!!
We may get the #1 or #2 at 125 too.

Reactions: danoftw

I'd say Taylor.

Reactions: mcpat
This song jumped into my head last night with a different MM's name inserted at the proper places.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT