ADVERTISEMENT

Odds Of An Auburn Rematch In Nashville?

Seeing both CBS & ESPN projecting that Penn State & Auburn will meet in the Music City Bowl this year down in Nashville.

However, I thought I read before that bowl committees typically like to avoid repeat match-ups from the same season. This would make the potential match-up PSU Vs. Missouri instead. With how close the game between PSU/AUB was earlier this year, there might be intrigue in having them battle it out again.

What do you guys think? Could we see PSU / Auburn again next month?
Slim to none, thank god. I’m thinking Vegas Bowl vs UCLA or Music City Bowl vs Arkansas. If Nebraska beats Iowa and we beat Sparty, it could be Outback vs Texas A&M, which would be sick!!!

The most likely scenario for the Outback Bowl would have OSU go to the playoffs, Michigan to the Rose Bowl (which I think is all but certain at this point), Iowa win and go to the Fiesta or Peach and Wisconsin win and lose to OSU in the title game. That opens the door with a Penn State win but it would likely have to be lopsided. The big question is Iowa getting the Fiesta or Peach. There are a lot of 10 win teams this year scrambling for big games. Assuming we have a Bama (I think they are going to beat Georgia), OSU, Notre Dame, Georgia playoff, that will likely leave many more 10 win teams than places.
I don't see Iowa in a NY6 bowl even at 10 wins.

if it is at the new Vegas stadium I may have to look into going. My friends tell me it is awesome.
It is, I saw the Bears - Raiders game earlier this season. A portion of our fanbase will lose their collective minds over the Allegiant Stadium covid protocols if we end up there. They required uploading vaccination proof to the Clear app in order to attend. Must be vaccinated, proof of a negative test not permitted. If you don't want to use the app there is a workaround but I believe it's at one entry gate only and I've heard it's very slow.

• Haha
Reactions: BBrown
We don't want Vegas based on payouts. Just take the Music City Bowl and hopefully get Arkansas who by the way would be a very tough matchup for us. Also Nashville is a great city and would be a relatively easy trip for the PSU fans from Pa, NJ, NY, DC, MD, VA, Chicago, Atlanta, Florida.

More excited for us playing Arkansas than UCLA.
Aren’t payouts put into the bigger pie and split in B1G? I cannot remember.

Reactions: psu00
Aren’t payouts put into the bigger pie and split in B1G? I cannot remember.
I think so but nevertheless I believe PSU makes out better if they go to a bowl with a bigger payout. Music City is as good as Vegas bowl in my opinion plus easier for fans to travel and hopefully more intrguing opponent.

We don't want Vegas based on payouts. Just take the Music City Bowl and hopefully get Arkansas who by the way would be a very tough matchup for us. Also Nashville is a great city and would be a relatively easy trip for the PSU fans from Pa, NJ, NY, DC, MD, VA, Chicago, Atlanta, Florida.

More excited for us playing Arkansas than UCLA.
I wouldn't need hotel accommodations in Nashville. Have family living in the burbs.

I think so but nevertheless I believe PSU makes out better if they go to a bowl with a bigger payout. Music City is as good as Vegas bowl in my opinion plus easier for fans to travel and hopefully more intrguing opponent.
I’m not so sure Arkansas, Missouri, or Kentucky are more intriguing opponents than UCLA, or Arizona State. ;)

I’m not so sure Arkansas, Missouri, or Kentucky are more intriguing opponents than UCLA, or Arizona State. ;)
I like Arkansas, Kentucky is so so and certainly not Mizzou. UCLA would be second choice after Arkansas. ASU to me falls with Mizzou. Would love to beat Kentucky for the Citrus loss in '18.

Reactions: psu00
Absolutely. PSU lacked depth. Not sure if that's a lack of talent or simply not having guys ready to play.

Playing Clifford vs. ILL was criminal.
What we have are holes all over the roster due to poor recruiting and coaching inflexibility (2 coordinators that cannot and will not adjust their schemes to the talent on hand). Throw in the portal and our inability to retain our own players and you have a roster such as ours. We start four transfers on defense. They are among our better players which is a problem. We have zero 3 technique tackles. We have zero 5 technique ends. We lack football players at middle linebacker. Offensively, Roberson was the backup but doesn't have the skills to run the offense at a basic level. Our linemen were recruited and coached for man blocking, not gap. We do not have a legit #1 receiver for our offensive system. Dotson would have been fine in JoeMo's offense but MY, no way. Holes, holes, holes. Franklin's philosophy is the problem which is why we will never get to the playoffs under him. It will always create an unsurmountable obstacle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT