ADVERTISEMENT

An unfair assessment of Spencer's Career?

Carter's NFL career was downright tragic. He was perfectly healthy all through college, but took one bad step at the crappy Cincinnati astroturf, and it was all downhill from there.

As for 1990s PSU tailbacks, the real question is how Curtis Enis ended up a bust.

Enis was even better than Carter. The 1996-97 OLs were okay, but nowhere near as good as 1994-95, which were just flat out incredible. Kyle Brady (1994) is also the greatest blocking tight end ever - Carter had him, but Enis didn't. And Mike McQueary was an atrocious passer throwing to mostly meh receivers. Enis carried that team. In college, he was every bit as good as, say, Eddie George. Probably better. I'm still perplexed how he didn't do much of anything in the pros.
At 240lbs. with lightning quickness on his foot plants and change of direction.......the shitty astroturf was no match for the torque of 240lbs on his ACLs. It was literally painful to watch :(

First post from 65yo. Found this and the Iowa site just after NCAAs, and enjoy the sparring between both camps. My take on Lee breaks no new ground. He’s top-tier but nowhere close to GOAT. 6 losses, 2 by fall, 2 to one guy. Reasonable to make a case that if Mueller doesn’t beat Rivera in 2019 NCAAs, Lee doesn’t, either, having lost twice to his matchup nemesis. At least 6 from PSU alone had more dominant careers, as did at least 10 other great collegians. The man-child lost integrity crowing about winning while hurt, then blaming health for losses. Lost far more using ”wussy excuses” to quit consolation brackets. Confidence is fine. Arrogance is despised, especially to belittle a teammate (Ayala). Daddy fighting son’s media bullies is 3rd grade. I hope Lee someday becomes a man who owns his actions. I hope it’s a first step to owning a world title. But if a broken body restricts further competition on a world stage, then be damn proud of what it accomplished while it could. A 3-time NCAA champ, 2-time Hodger delivered a promised national title to his beloved Iowa. Maybe he could someday add more as its coach. His odds are better than Brand’s . . even with that fleet of Ferrari’s TB’s begging for.

First post from 65yo. Found this and the Iowa site just after NCAAs, and enjoy the sparring between both camps. My take on Lee breaks no new ground. He’s top-tier but nowhere close to GOAT. 6 losses, 2 by fall, 2 to one guy. Reasonable to make a case that if Mueller doesn’t beat Rivera in 2019 NCAAs, Lee doesn’t, either, having lost twice to his matchup nemesis. At least 6 from PSU alone had more dominant careers, as did at least 10 other great collegians. The man-child lost integrity crowing about winning while hurt, then blaming health for losses. Lost far more using ”wussy excuses” to quit consolation brackets. Confidence is fine. Arrogance is despised, especially to belittle a teammate (Ayala). Daddy fighting son’s media bullies is 3rd grade. I hope Lee someday becomes a man who owns his actions. I hope it’s a first step to owning a world title. But if a broken body restricts further competition on a world stage, then be damn proud of what it accomplished while it could. A 3-time NCAA champ, 2-time Hodger delivered a promised national title to his beloved Iowa. Maybe he could someday add more as its coach. His odds are better than Brand’s . . even with that fleet of Ferrari’s TB’s begging for.
Welcome. Thank you for sharing your thoughts

All-time greatest Beaver Stadium sign:

"Ohio State Has Enis Envy"
There was another sign comparing Enis to the Bucks smaller RB, Pepe Pearson.

"Tis better to have a big Enis than a little Pepe."
Lisa Kudrow Yes GIF by PBS SoCal

Reactions: PSU Mike
I
All-time greatest Beaver Stadium sign:

"Ohio State Has Enis Envy"
I used to yell…”Joe’s got a big Enis and Cooper’s got a little Pepe”. If you recall, Pepe Pearson was a small OSU RB during the Enis years.

Some of you probably remember the great Jason Betz from warrior run…senior year semis going for title number 4, up fairly big and gets caught in a spladel and gets stuck….know one in that arena expected that…came back out and wrestled for third….huge standing ovation….what Spencer should have done…..
I was there for that and I'm a warrior run alum. That loss killed me as a fan and you could hear a pin drop in that arena. Good analogy though because nobody expected betz to get caught. I remember betz had a serious challenge on his way back against some klass kid who was stacked to win third. I truly though if anyone betz was a lock for a fourth title. Goes to show that's why they wrestle.

I was there for that and I'm a warrior run alum. That loss killed me as a fan and you could hear a pin drop in that arena. Good analogy though because nobody expected betz to get caught. I remember betz had a serious challenge on his way back against some klass kid who was stacked to win third. I truly though if anyone betz was a lock for a fourth title. Goes to show that's why they wrestle.
Sorry I see I already responded to this lol. Been a while

Saw a tweet or a post yesterday of Spencer practicing (mat wrestling) with an international wrestler.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT