ADVERTISEMENT

NWCA ALL-STAR CLASSIC

The refs were generous there, they could have called a couple more stalls. I really hope Bernie has more than a deep single as his only offensive weapon. He is gumby like on defense, but he needs more neutral diversity to win a championship. Keck is solid in all three positions.

Bernie got what he earned. And that style will not play at CHA.
That style won't play here. You can't get a TD in the first minute and then sit on it the entire match.

I said last week watching Bernie live at Journeyman that he seemed a little too reliant on the swing single - that can't be your only tool in the box - and that he didn't look like he was contending for an NC at that point.

He's going to take some losses this year, hopefully he will make incremental improvements and reach his goal here. Maybe he's just getting the crap beat out of him by Aaron and Carter in the room right now and it's got him a little gun-shy in neutral. Wouldn't surprise me and it may pay off later.

The better question is if he could win 165 and 174. Him vs Keegan would be awesome. My $ is on Carter on both situations
Mine wasn't really a question. And although I think Keegan is great, I don't think yours is much of a question either.

Brooks significantly shorter than Sloan. Brooks TD with :40s remaining in the 1st. Brooks rides out the period up 3-0.

Reactions: danoftw
Know it wasn’t pretty and I get the complaints but there’s a reason Keckeisen has only lost to Brooks, Hidlay and Bernie the last 2+ years.
Know it wasn’t pretty and I get the complaints but there’s a reason Keckeisen has only lost to Brooks, Hidlay and Bernie the last 2+ years.
For sure. Parker is awesome. I just don’t get shutting it down in an exhibition match. Go for it. Who cares. Don’t lose via stalling in this match (I know he technically didn’t as he gave up the TD). Hopefully he learns and improves. I’m sure he will. He’s very good and will get better here

Has nobody watched a Bernie Truax match before this year? Seriously guys, not to be an asshole but he’s a very good wrestler who is a redshirt senior and mostly is what he is at this point.

He’s gonna be counter reliant, really hard to finish on, a great scrambler and really good on top against 90 percent of the country.

That’s what we signed up for and it’s worked really, really well for like 3 years

For sure. Parker is awesome. I just don’t get shutting it down in an exhibition match. Go for it. Who cares. Don’t lose via stalling in this match (I know he technically didn’t as he gave up the TD). Hopefully he learns and improves. I’m sure he will. He’s very good and will get better here
Yep, it’s also November, so let’s see in March

Reactions: mn78psu83
I will bet just about anything that at the moment, they are ganging up on Bernie in the room and giving him the business, PSU style.

In 3 months Truax is going to be a totally different wrestler when he gets ready for the rematch with Parker. I wouldn't read too much into tonight.

Mekhi takes a L every now and then but it’s always close. This was not. Super impressive showing by CStar
For perspective, here are all of Lewis' college losses (excluding his 2 injury defaults):

2018 (shirt year):
- Marsteller 3-1
- Marsteller 6-4

2019:
- Connor Flynn 8-6
- Isaiah White 2-0

2022:
- Hidlay 3-1 SV
- Carter 6-5 TB1

2023:
- Labriola 3-1 SV
- Labriola 3-1 TB1
- Foca 3-2 TB1

For as good as the PSU room is, there is no magic. We have examples of this in the past with Hildebrandt, Kuhn, Conel, Keener etc.

Sure, Truax is better than those guys and healthier. But when you come on as a senior, it’s not likely you’re gonna just become a completely new wrestler

Last edited:
Final match Kerk against Greatest Amrican Hero Hendrickson.
Kerk gets TD and 4 NF off the start. Hend tweaks something. Stoppage. Kerk gets choice after injury time takes down.
Kerk with quick escape 5-0.
Action has slowed. Under 1 minute left. Kerk gets another TD gets turn Hendrickson gets escape with 3 seconds left 12-1. Period ends. I got distracted. Not sure of scoring but Kerk gets Tech fall.

Last edited:
For perspective, here are all of Lewis' college losses (excluding his 2 injury defaults):

2018 (shirt year):
- Marsteller 3-1
- Marsteller 6-4

2019:
- Connor Flynn 8-6
- Isaiah White 2-0

2022:
- Hidlay 3-1 SV
- Carter 6-5 TB1

2023:
- Labriola 3-1 SV
- Labriola 3-1 TB1
- Foca 3-2 TB1
But this wasn’t a loss for Mekhi since it’s an exhibition. 😂😂

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
Shut it down in the 1st period
3rd period looked like the first except he connected and opponent adjusted... He was backing up and throwing a swing single the entire night. Would have liked to have seen something different - maybe to the opposite side

Has nobody watched a Bernie Truax match before this year? Seriously guys, not to be an asshole but he’s a very good wrestler who is a redshirt senior and mostly is what he is at this point.

He’s gonna be counter reliant, really hard to finish on, a great scrambler and really good on top against 90 percent of the country.

That’s what we signed up for and it’s worked really, really well for like 3 years

Okay, but I am not used to seeing PSU wrestlers back up as much as he did. If he was at CHA and did that, the ref would have been intimidated into hitting him early. If that’s what he is, then consider me enlightened.

This is unbelievable.

In all seriousness, what is Steveson’s status? He’s enrolled at Minnesota. Is he wrestling? Is he eligible?

They're not trying to change him. They're going to add to him for March.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT