ADVERTISEMENT

NWCA ALL-STAR CLASSIC

I guess that answers who’s going at 157
I am not sure this counts as an attached event, nonetheless, I think you are likely correct. Levi was my more likely candidate to go up and bump Alex. I guess Mitchell could still be the 157, and Levi shirts, but it seems Alex is probably the man at 165.

Reactions: Ja1339 and mjmirv
I am not sure this counts as an attached event, nonetheless, I think you are likely correct. Levi was my more likely candidate to go up and bump Alex. I guess Mitchell could still be the 157, and Levi shirts, but it seems Alex is probably the man at 165.
Isn’t there still a chance that Mitchell goes at 165?

I’m pissed that this event is not held in the BJC… how many non PSU season ticket holders will get into Rec Hall? And having it on Flo instead of ESPN is a big miss by NCAAW. It really is a PSU event and would love to see it morph into a defending champs vs. an all star meet. I know, I know it would be a home meet for PSU every year…

I'm worried about Wyatt's knee. I hope he can go, and more importantly be good for the season. he is one of my favorite guys to watch and is doing it while wrestling at a place that keeps you pretty busy outside of wrestling.
Wouldn’t mind seeing Schultz as replacement if American Hero can’t go. Kerk owes him one from freshman year.

And then who can forget the image of Zeke making Schultz take his headgear off when the two were supposed to meet at I believe it was collegiate duals

probably will see Alex and see how he does till after the new yr then go to Mitch if needed!
I see no scenario where Cael would use all three of Levi, Mitch, and Alex at 157/165 this year. This is not a year where we’re going to be challenged as a team. Even if hypothetically Alex would struggle, I don’t see Cael burning someone else’s eligibility when the team title is not in doubt.

I’m pissed that this event is not held in the BJC… how many non PSU season ticket holders will get into Rec Hall? And having it on Flo instead of ESPN is a big miss by NCAAW. It really is a PSU event and would love to see it morph into a defending champs vs. an all star meet. I know, I know it would be a home meet for PSU every year…
do you think the non-weekend event will have any impact on the crowd?

You can be certain it is not an attached event. It's an exhibition.

Isn’t there still a chance that Mitchell goes at 165?
Indeed, however there were the rumors that Levi was not long for 157, and from all the photos and videos I have watched Levi looks bigger than Mitchell. Without a lot of evidence it seemed as if Mitchell would go this year 157 was more likely. If he went up to 165 this year, that would seem to indicate where he and Levi would sit next year as well.

Reactions: Ja1339
Don’t think it’ll sell out tbh

Got my seats.. good to go..
We need to meet up before/after the event. Somehow I think we'd get along swimmingly...

giphy.gif

Anyone see anything about reserving parking? I do not see the event on park mobile (could be my incompetence)

Got my tickets nice and easy. Will be departing Harrisburg around 2, and grabbing some food and a beer or two before. Can’t wait!

IMO this pretty much cements it that Levi is going 157 so that means Mesenbrink will be 165. I can't see him transferring after sitting out a year and doing it again when Facundo can take an ORS.

IMO this pretty much cements it that Levi is going 157 so that means Mesenbrink will be 165. I can't see him transferring after sitting out a year and doing it again when Facundo can take an ORS.
Huh? Both Levi and Messenbrink certified at 165, AKA 157.

Unless Messenbrink cut BELOW 165, super early, and plans to continue to bulk up, most 165s certify at “174” at this point in the year.

Huh? Both Levi and Messenbrink certified at 165, AKA 157.

Unless Messenbrink cut BELOW 165, super early, and plans to continue to bulk up, most 165s certify at “174” at this point in the year.
So if you certify at 165 doesn’t that mean you can only wrestle 157 or 165 for this year ? Or am I wrong about that

I guess my point is if that is true why would Mitch certify at any other weight

It’s certainly possible that Mesenbrink just walks around at like 160-165, but it seems unlikely.

I think it’s more likely you’re gonna see him take an ORS and go 157 next year with Levi at 165 and maybe Facundo goes up to 174 and battles with Barr for that spot.

Regardless of how 157/165 ends up this year, it’s clear Mesenbrink and Levi will fill those 2 weights in 2025 & 2026. I’m curious to see who fills 184/197 in 2025. Does Barr fill out and become our 184 or does he battle Facundo for 174?

It’s certainly possible that Mesenbrink just walks around at like 160-165, but it seems unlikely.

I think it’s more likely you’re gonna see him take an ORS and go 157 next year with Levi at 165 and maybe Facundo goes up to 174 and battles with Barr for that spot.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Mitch walked around < 165 while he's training. He's not a large person.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Mitch walked around < 165 while he's training. He's not a large person.

Every time I see MM I think to myself: this is the young man who decimated the 162.8lb weight class at U20 Worlds? This string bean? I realize that appearances and brute strength aren't everything in wrestling, but he really does look like he could make 157 with relative ease.

Some of our guys have their eyes on Senior Nationals next month. Messenbrink might be one of them.

I don't think we will have a clear picture of our line-up until the new year.

Edit: I take that back, Mitch is already qualified for the trial as the U20 world champ.

Last edited:
Some of our guys have their eyes on Senior Nationals next month. Messenbrink might be one of them.

I don't think we will have a clear picture of our line-up until the new year.
Not saying that MM wouldn’t, but I’m pretty sure he would already be qualified for OTT courtesy of his world title.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT