ADVERTISEMENT

NOT live from Columbus but BTN is... PSUvs. OSU

Need to keep playing. They led OSU in at least two of the three losses to them.

Still 2-0 PSU with 13 minutes to go in the second but OSU is absolutely swarming the PSU net. We have had some boneheaded defense but also some clutch poke checks.

hockey on BTN now. No score early in the Big 10 tourney semifinal.

Brandon Biro off the great pass from Kris Myllari for the 3-0 lead with 5 minutes left in the second. Kudos to peyton Jones for an amazing save on the breakaway with OSU begging for a shortie.

hockey on BTN now. No score early in the Big 10 tourney semifinal.

Reactions: NittanyLionFan
NOOOOO GOAL - offsides OSU. STILL 3-0 PSU. Again.... HUUUGE!

3-0 PSU end of second period.

Can we do what we can’t seem to, and actually close out a game? Taking a 3 goal lead into the third period should be enough, but wish I had more confidence.

PxP guys mentioned during the break that PSU has given up three goals in the third 5 times this season. Also - OSU has outscored PSU 6-2 in the four 3rd periods this year. Gotta withstand the onslaught and there should be some opportunities there...

Stupid question... does OSU pull their goalie at some point (playoff hockey... some team just scored 3 goals in the third by pulling their goalie last weekend) and, if so, when?

Probably right now with the power play and 6 to go.

Stupid question... does OSU pull their goalie at some point (playoff hockey... some team just scored 3 goals in the third by pulling their goalie last weekend) and, if so, when?

It’s St. patty’s day and I’ve got the Irish on my mind.

Indeed.
Webmarch_14_1600-1240x696.jpg

No doubt who the better team was today. The goal with 1 second left in the first deflated OSU and they were never in it. The pp goal during the 5 minute major was the nail in the coffin.
Great win!! Bring on ND ( who shouldn't Even be in our conference, so forgive me for stating the obvious AND bashing the Irish on St Patrick’s Day) !!

Great win!! Bring on ND ( who shouldn't Even be in our conference, so forgive me for stating the obvious AND bashing the Irish on St Patrick’s Day) !!

Yep!

The Big Ten prostituted itself for ND.

Maybe ND ought to be playing ice hockey in the ACC! I'm sure the Wake Forest team is a powerhouse.

LOL!!

Is ASU joining the conference for hockey next season?
Like RGWhirly said, no... but, they did start a relationship with the WCHA this year for conference reviews. In fact, the WCHA tacked on a extra game suspension (for a two-game suspension in total) for one ASU player's hit on a Minnesota player during the last weekend of the regular season. So, that guy is out until the FF if they can make it through the first two rounds.

Regarding PSU, the updated Pairwise Probability Matrix is predicting that both ND and PSU have no shot at an at large to the NCAAs and that it is essentially a pick 'em - ND at 51% and PSU at 49%. Makes sense given the regular season split and the fact that the two are one spot apart in most rankings. Hope that PSU brings the intensity of today's game! Go State!

Like RGWhirly said, no... but, they did start a relationship with the WCHA this year for conference reviews. In fact, the WCHA tacked on a extra game suspension (for a two-game suspension in total) for one ASU player's hit on a Minnesota player during the last weekend of the regular season. So, that guy is out until the FF if they can make it through the first two rounds.

Regarding PSU, the updated Pairwise Probability Matrix is predicting that both ND and PSU have no shot at an at large to the NCAAs and that it is essentially a pick 'em - ND at 51% and PSU at 49%. Makes sense given the regular season split and the fact that the two are one spot apart in most rankings. Hope that PSU brings the intensity of today's game! Go State!
I thought I read that ND was #15 and likely to get an at large bid. Are you suggesting that OSU and the BiG tournament champ will get in, but the ND vs PSU loser will not?

I thought I read that ND was #15 and likely to get an at large bid. Are you suggesting that OSU and the BiG tournament champ will get in, but the ND vs PSU loser will not?

Correct. Whomever loses will fall to about 17th or so and season will be done. Winner and OSU make it.

Correct. Whomever loses will fall to about 17th or so and season will be done. Winner and OSU make it.
I don't follow this closely but I saw that PSU was #16 in Pairwise. I wondered if beating OSU would jeep them in the top 16 even if the lose to ND.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT