ADVERTISEMENT

Nick officially joins the NLWC

Good for Nick. I don't see him among the entries for Senior Nationals. I would think he would be one of the favorites at 65kg. Also don't see RBY in the entries. I expected both of them to wrestle, but maybe they have lingering injuries from the college season.

Fellas — remind me again what we decided on this? Am I supposed cut a single check to Nick directly, or should it be one check to each lender (to pay off his student loans), plus a separate bonus check to Nick for his contract with us to promote all things Cael while sprinkling in some negative Hawkeye propaganda for the next few years?

Managing the Slush Fund has gotten increasingly complicated as its uses have grown each year. 😇

Fellas — remind me again what we decided on this? Am I supposed cut a single check to Nick directly, or should it be one check to each lender (to pay off his student loans), plus a separate bonus check to Nick for his contract with us to promote all things Cael while sprinkling in some negative Hawkeye propaganda for the next few years?

Managing the Slush Fund has gotten increasingly complicated as its uses have grown each year. 😇
He says the quiet part out loud - it’s called “pulling a Larry”

As the slush head well follow your lead on these important decisions.

As the slush head well follow your lead on these important decisions.
Sounds good.

Since the $$$ has been rolling in, I’m also going to bump up MikeZ’s weekly defection payment a tad. Not to worry — we’ll still have plenty to cover enrollment in Witness Protection, as agreed.

And @El-Jefe — congrats on your board promotion earlier today. The associated bonus check will go out in tomorrow’s mail. However, we’re still working with IT on how to replace “Well Known Member” with your new status . . . seems like it should be simple, but apparently it isn’t. 🙄

Sounds good.

Since the $$$ has been rolling in, I’m also going to bump up MikeZ’s weekly defection payment a tad. Not to worry — we’ll still have plenty to cover enrollment in Witness Protection, as agreed.

And @El-Jefe — congrats on your board promotion earlier today. The associated bonus check will go out in tomorrow’s mail. However, we’re still working with IT on how to replace “Well Known Member” with your new status . . . seems like it should be simple, but apparently it isn’t. 🙄
Wish I knew what you're talking about ... or maybe I shouldn't know. Ignorance is bliss?

Anyway, please use my check to establish a Dream School Fund, for those who choose to go somewhere other than their dream school (which is all of them, right?). Hopefully it qualifies for PSU matching funds.

Wish I knew what you're talking about ... or maybe I shouldn't know. Ignorance is bliss?

Anyway, please use my check to establish a Dream School Fund, for those who choose to go somewhere other than their dream school (which is all of them, right?). Hopefully it qualifies for PSU matching funds.
See, that kind of selflessness is the stuff of Legends. Instant validation of the board vote. 😉

Reactions: Ski and dunkej01
Nick has become one of my all-time favorites. When he 1st arrived as a Fr you could tell he was a grinder, but I never thought he would become elite. I don't know what qualifies a wrestler for elite status but Nick is pretty damn close if he hasn't earned it already.

Now that he is moving over to the NLWC I'd like to see Joe and Matt take up some of his woodchopping and water carrying duties.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT