ADVERTISEMENT

Newsflash.......MSU got their ass beat 38-0 vs Wisky. What's with all the

That was a football game played between Michigan State and Wisconsin two weeks ago under sunny skies in Madison. This is a football game between Michigan State and Penn State today in the rain in East Lansing.

Extrapolate at your own risk, I'm ready for a 40+ minute fight

Can't read much into the Wisky blowout since that was the week after an OSU blowout. You just can't. That said, I think there's a decent chance PSU will be able to run the ball today. MSU is tough up the middle but not as fast as Michigan. I can see PSU attacking the edge with fast backs -- Brown and Slade can outrun their LBs and safeties. MSU has some personnel weaknesses and PSU knows what they are. The Iowa game plan took into acct one not so great Iowa DT playing bc of injury to better player. MICH had a scheme that put poor Metellus one on one with Hamler, MSU presents some opportunities too. Games at this level are so often decided by athletic weaknesses. This is where recruiting speed pays off. How about a wheel route to Ford? They've hardly run that play all year.

worry on here?

PSU 31
MSU 10

I think that PSU will have to get the passing game going in order to open up the run. Last week Michigan was all over the WR screen. Were we telegraphing that play or was it a problem with WR blocking?

I think that PSU will have to get the passing game going in order to open up the run. Last week Michigan was all over the WR screen. Were we telegraphing that play or was it a problem with WR blocking?

Michigan thought they had the DBs to take away the deep ball putting the rest of the defense short to take away the short passing game. Didn't really work

I hope Penn State wins in a statement game.

But who among us recalls Luwerke absolutely shredding the Penn State defense in the 4th quarter in each of the past two years, rising to Heisman level performances, with can't-miss precision on passes and all the time he needs in the pocket to find his receivers?

I hope Penn State wins in a statement game.

But who among us recalls Luwerke absolutely shredding the Penn State defense in the 4th quarter in each of the past two years, rising to Heisman level performances, with can't-miss precision on passes and all the time he needs in the pocket to find his receivers?
MSU, Michigan, Ohio STate's QBs ALWAYS shred PSU's defense for all the same reasons.....TOTAL OL Holding. If you allow any QB enough time, they will complete most of their passes. This is the consistent factor in all of these games.

I am especially fond of the OL "crook of the arm - neck of the defender" pass protection technique that has been demonstrated by the B1G "Elites" over the past years. Couple that with mugging the PSU receivers (W/O PI being called) and you see why we have the problems with these games.

I expect today's game to continue this "tradition" because MSU needs this game to stay relevant. After all PSU's last game was in reality.....a win for Michigan - just ask the talking heads of ESPN!

In my opinion as long as PSU stays with an inconsistent "Long-ball", quick strike passing attack (which takes longer to protect and develop) we will make these games closer to a loss (or a full loss) than they should be. We need consistency in a run game, a short to medium quick hit passing attack and the ability to score 35+ points in every game for use to move up to a more "elite" level.

Keeping my fingers crossed....but we have a number of issues that are making it harder to win than it should be with MSU today!

I think Penn State wins going away. 30-10.

If we lose there will be lots of questions to answer. But I don’t think the chances of a loss are better than 1 in 4.
Setting up your after game bitching already...if PSU wins in a blow out, then they should have. If it’s a close win you can bitch all day about Franklin underperforming and if they lose, it’s hot seat talk. You’re so transparent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT