ADVERTISEMENT

Words are wind - especially Coach Franklin’s

It’s time for Franklin to produce I agree. The scandal put us back a decade easy. You need elite to want to play at PSU.

Young team, not an excuse just a fact. Great young players ….

My view Is 2 years from now if still no Big Ten championship fire him.
Which "great young players" on this team play on the line of scrimmage? That's where the problem is.

Reactions: b&w1987
I hate to agree with the premise of this thread ..................but spot on . CJF will admit he is accountable to any of this? Take the money and run . Considering the college football coaching standards , he should be bought out and fired tomorrow . We have been duped .
Sandy was duped

PSU has gone on the road and beat two good teams, Purdue and Auburn. UM hasn't played anyone that good in their house. They beat MD at home by only 7 and i am not sure MD is better than Purdue or Auburn.

We can certainly loss Saturday, but we can also win. I am not sure why there is so much doom and gloom around this team. Last year's collapse came down to SC getting hurt and not having a backup QB, period. Losing PJ was also a blow.
Auburn is not good it stinks

No one should be shocked at this performance just another James Franklin beat down nothing will change for the next 6 to 8 years

PSU has gone on the road and beat two good teams, Purdue and Auburn. UM hasn't played anyone that good in their house. They beat MD at home by only 7 and i am not sure MD is better than Purdue or Auburn.

We can certainly loss Saturday, but we can also win. I am not sure why there is so much doom and gloom around this team. Last year's collapse came down to SC getting hurt and not having a backup QB, period. Losing PJ was also a blow.
Auburn is not good and Purdue lost to Syracuse a lonely ACC team

Auburn is not good and Purdue lost to Syracuse a lonely ACC team
And when it was pointed out that there were big problems with the team despite the early wins against inferior competition it was dismissed with condescension and insults by many here.

The point was made that even though they beat team X it will not be the same against top competition.

Well, now we’ve hit the better competition…… Everyone still think these issues are not a problem?

Reactions: Westcoast24
And when it was pointed out that there were big problems with the team despite the early wins against inferior competition it was dismissed with condescension and insults by many here.

The point was made that even though they beat team X it will not be the same against top competition.

Well, now we’ve hit the better competition…… Everyone still think these issues are not a problem?
So very true.

"They haven't faced a defense like ours". While this is a true statement, it kinda has a different meaning now, huh.

"Clifford is the best red-zone QB in the country". This also may be true but doesn't mean jackshit if you can't get to the red-zone.

Reactions: psu00
So very true.

"They haven't faced a defense like ours". While this is a true statement, it kinda has a different meaning now, huh.

"Clifford is the best red-zone QB in the country". This also may be true but doesn't mean jackshit if you can't get to the red-zone.
Yep. I get fans can be biased for their team but it was abundantly clear there were big issues with the team through every game up to Michigan. Some chose not just to ignore it, but to attack anyone who dared to mentioned it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacNit07
Yep. I get fans can be biased for their team but it was abundantly clear there were big issues with the team through every game up to Michigan. Some chose not just to ignore it but to attack anyone who dared to mentioned it.
Yep. There were some UM fans posting here the past week and they were run off for simply discussing the matchup. They were for the most part respectful but a significant number of people here didn't want to hear anything the least bit negative about PSU. As it turned out, most of their statements were true.

Go look at the "Staff Prediction" thread, they not only drank the kool-aid, they went full-on stupid with their predictions.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacNit07 and psu00
I hate to agree with the premise of this thread ..................but spot on . CJF will admit he is accountable to any of this? Take the money and run . Considering the college football coaching standards , he should be bought out and fired tomorrow . We have been duped .

The only part of his press conference where I felt he was evading responsibility was his comment on how "we need to get bigger on the DLine". Lifting weights will only do so much. Having beefy guys available is up to the coaches and their recruiting in year nine.

Don't blame that problem on the players, Coach.

Reactions: MacNit07
ADVERTISEMENT