ADVERTISEMENT

Need advice on parking for OSU game

hawkeyePSU

Gold Member
Dec 28, 2004
Columbus, Ohio
Hey guys, I took the leap and paid lots of coin to take my 2 sons (12 & 16) to their first whiteout game and want to make it a great experience for them. Driving from Columbus, Oh and should arrive around 5ish. Need some parking advice. I don't mind spending $20-40 for parking but we are all healthy and don't mind a little walk either. Any advice will be appreciated.

Hey guys, I took the leap and paid lots of coin to take my 2 sons (12 & 16) to their first whiteout game and want to make it a great experience for them. Driving from Columbus, Oh and should arrive around 5ish. Need some parking advice. I don't mind spending $20-40 for parking but we are all healthy and don't mind a little walk either. Any advice will be appreciated.
If it were me, I would park in one of the decks on campus - Nittany, Eisenhower, East (most likely to be full at 5PM). They're $25 on gameday.

Reactions: acg116
Every parking space in town will be filled by noon. At 5PM, I'd suggest Walmart or Hills Plaza and Uber.

...easiest is to park at Hills Plaza - across from Meyer Dairy - and take bus shuttle which drops you off at BJC...
...leaving after the game via shuttle is also easier and Meyer's is a great after game treat for kids...

...easiest is to park at Hills Plaza - across from Meyer Dairy - and take bus shuttle which drops you off at BJC...
...leaving after the game via shuttle is also easier and Meyer's is a great after game treat for kids...
This is a good idea - look at link for South Atherton game day shuttle. $2 per person each way - pay cash when you board the bus but be aware they don't provide change.

You can also park for free on some of the side streets along University Drive (such as E McCormick Ave) and walk - probably only about a mile walk and you won't be sitting in traffic coming or going with the bus.

http://www.catabus.com/ServiceSchedules/CATABUS/CommunityService/FootballShuttle/index.html

Reactions: jtm78
This is a good idea - look at link for South Atherton game day shuttle. $2 per person each way - pay cash when you board the bus but be aware they don't provide change.

You can also park for free on some of the side streets along University Drive (such as E McCormick Ave) and walk - probably only about a mile walk and you won't be sitting in traffic coming or going with the bus.

http://www.catabus.com/ServiceSchedules/CATABUS/CommunityService/FootballShuttle/index.html
Thanks. I'll check it out

I think Meyers' shuts it down at 11pm. There's also a stop just up (stadium side) University Dr. from its intersection with Easterly and you can park on the street there and catch the bus. Not that far of a walk either. There are side streets in that area where you can park free and walk (mile-ish) or catch a shuttle bus.

You can park on my street and walk...30 minutes each way... you may need a flash light on the way back after the game

you're arriving early enough to park down past Beaver avenue on one of the side streets if you don't mind a bit of a walk....you can stroll through downtown and take that all in and then have plenty of time to go through the tailgate lots etc.....its the way my son and I do it...we usually grab food downtown somewhere and have a nice leisurely walk around and up through campus

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT