ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Selection Show at 6 pm tonight

Another example of trying to worm your way out of an ill thought initial statement.

He's got the maximum bonus potential he can get for a semifinal - Brooks is prone to go to his back. Give me another guy you are LIKELY to see in a top four seed that gives you a better chance at a pin.

His quarterfinal opponent barely staved off a major twice. Again, give me a top eight guy that gives you a better shot than that. Maybe Dechow? Zavatsky? Bo just failed to major Parker.

Round of 16 guy he put up almost 20 points on the only time he's met him. Pretty good draw there.

Bo didn't pin Sliga when? Two years ago? He pinned him this season.

It's the NCAA tournament. If he gets two pins, a major and a decision on his way to the finals - THAT IS REALLY FRIGGIN' GOOD. David Taylor did that a time or two. Very doable with this draw. Could be slightly less and it could be even more.

Again - your comment was not well thought out. But you'll try to pedal your way out of it.
Some people specialize in finding the clouds among silver linings.

Summary of PSU seeds:

Dennis_Green.png

Haven't been able to look too deeply as work is killing me and unfortunately will kill me during NCAAs (I.e. Can't take 2 full days off and have 3-4 screens running), plus kids are out of school next week for spring break, but I really like our seeds and the key tough draws facing both OSUs. Quarterfinals could hurt both badly. Then several of Iowa's toughest guys can really help us out (Gilman, Sorensen and Brooks).

I'll probably try and finagle mornings off and then institute a really difficult to impose media blackout in order to watch afternoon sessions without knowing what happened. I need to avoid this board and others like the plague until my viewing is caught up.

Haven't been able to look too deeply as work is killing me and unfortunately will kill me during NCAAs (I.e. Can't take 2 full days off and have 3-4 screens running), plus kids are out of school next week for spring break, but I really like our seeds and the key tough draws facing both OSUs. Quarterfinals could hurt both badly. Then several of Iowa's toughest guys can really help us out (Gilman, Sorensen and Brooks).

I'll probably try and finagle mornings off and then institute a really difficult to impose media blackout in order to watch afternoon sessions without knowing what happened. I need to avoid this board and others like the plague until my viewing is caught up.

Thoughts and prayers with you. I had to work on Thursday a couple years ago, the self imposed blackout lasted about 30 minutes.

I have to work too -- and more importantly have a milestone wedding anniversary next weekend.

Won't get to see it all, certainly not all of it real-time ... but I'll find a way.

So will you.

I have to work too -- and more importantly have a milestone wedding anniversary next weekend.

Won't get to see it all, certainly not all of it real-time ... but I'll find a way.

So will you.
I feel for you guys. I, on the otherhand, land in Saint Louis at noon on Wednesday. Got almost a full day to prime the pump and then three glorious days of NCAA wrestling!!

Oklahoma State is getting STUCK behind some roadblocks

125 - Piccininni gets 8, has Gilman lurking

133 - Brock 3, has a nice path

141 - Heil 1 has a brutal path

149 - Collica 2 has a tough path

157 - JoJo 5, has Parsons/Langenderfer, 4 Berger & 1 Nolf ..... nice try

165 - Rogers 9 has ... Cottrell 8, IMar 1 .... thanks for playing.

174 - 7 Crutchmer has:
Matt Reed, 10 Brunson, 2 Realbuto. Ouch.

184 - 4 Boyd has a clear path until quarters vs 5 Zavatsky, then 1 Dean.

197 - 6 Weigel has a manageable bracket with nothing threatening until 3 Moore & 2 Pfarr.

285 - 6 Schafer has 11 Jared Johnson; 3 Ty Walz:

Lots & lots of Pokes are gonna hit walls in quarters and semis.

Cowboys are stuck behind Gilman, Nolf IMar & Dean.

If they want to win NCAAs, they'll need to do it in wrestlebacks.
This is good, your last sentence was the most important in the whole post. There's 2 brackets at each weight class, and Placements 3 through 8 come out of the one that's tougher to predict.

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT