ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi can't shut up about Penn State

Video of The Dooz waking out of his press conference...

B434-F99-F-0-F6-C-4397-9721-BC80-C18-B9-EB0.gif

Last edited:
I am a die hard penn state fan. Have been my entire life. With that being said I can certainly see why players would want to go to certain schools and play for other coaches outside of Penn State/Franklin. Lot of likeable program/coach combinations out there. As a high school football player I cannot understand why you would ever want to play for this dude. He brings no personality to the table. He looks like such an idiot with some of these comments and he and the Pitt fans are oblivious to it. That program will be so much better off when he is gone.

Last edited:
My first thought when I saw the news article's first paragraph was "there isn't much time to steal a sign and then to appropriately react". If I were Coach Franklin, I would be more worried about my team's body language, their stance, and how they line up on the line of scrimmage. Idaho (this season), Michigan, and Michigan State have commented in the past couple of years that certain of our players give off the play based on their body language, stance, or how they line up on the line of scrimmage.

Reactions: PSUfiji and N&B4PSU
So, if a player had transferred from Pitt to PSU, or to any of Pitt's opponents, Duzzy would NOT change their signals? He'd stay status quo on signals.... because he wouldn't even think about that possibility? Guess there would be so little time to cover all contingencies, so gotta corners somewhere?

Signals change all the time in baseball, sometimes from one game to another in a 3-game series, let alone when someone gets traded or is picked up.

Good lord. If CJF had not changed signals, we'd be calling him out, and rightfully so. Duzzy just wanted to find a way to make a dig, and couldn't think past the very thin surface of this one, apparently. What a guy.

Like someone else said, the gorilla-clown almost made it the whole week!

I can't wait until he can't get anything else from us and shuts his pie-hole permanently RE: PSU.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
I rarely post things on Rivals.com although I have been reading it for 15 years, but I couldn't help but start this thread because I have a brother who is a Pitt grad who always tells me what a jerk Franklin is. And I tell him Narduzzi is a much bigger jerk.
I think this P-G article proves my point about who is the real jerk.
Narduzzi can't help himself when it comes to putting his foot in his mouth. I can't stand the guy.

I rarely post things on Rivals.com although I have been reading it for 15 years, but I couldn't help but start this thread because I have a brother who is a Pitt grad who always tells me what a jerk Franklin is. And I tell him Narduzzi is a much bigger jerk.
I think this P-G article proves my point about who is the real jerk.
Narduzzi can't help himself when it comes to putting his foot in his mouth. I can't stand the guy.

I get that pitt has to hate our coach, but for the life of me I don't understand what Franklin has ever done to make them angry other than kick their butts in 6/8 quarters of football and the recruiting trail. I just don't get it. Yes I'm biased but I don't see him doing anything offensive.

Unsolicited too.

This guy is insecurity personified.

That's exactly it. His cup of insecurity runneth over. This guy oozes inferiority complex.

If I were a Pitt fan, my biggest concern ahead of any Penn State game is his mental state and utter obsession with Franklin. That can't be effective for his pre-game focus.

Reactions: m48tank
I get that pitt has to hate our coach, but for the life of me I don't understand what Franklin has ever done to make them angry other than kick their butts in 6/8 quarters of football and the recruiting trail. I just don't get it. Yes I'm biased but I don't see him doing anything offensive.

If we're being honest the "Akron" comment the other year could have been seen as a slight against Pitt. Plus the whole "Dominate the State" motto when he came aboard was a planting the flag kind of movement.

The internet Pitt fan can't, won't and never will acknowledge that Penn State operates on a completely different plane than Pitt does in the CFB universe...and has for nearly 40 years. They think we are equals and it kills them to realize that we are not. Franklin is Penn State's coach, that's his great sin. Unlike with Paterno, who was primarily responsible for killing Pitt football, I really don't think it's personal with Franklin. He just happens to be sitting in the head coach's chair.

The internet Pitt fan can't, won't and never will acknowledge that Penn State operates on a completely different plane than Pitt does in the CFB universe...and has for nearly 40 years. They think we are equals and it kills them to realize that we are not. Franklin is Penn State's coach, that's his great sin. Unlike with Paterno, who was primarily responsible for killing Pitt football, I really don't think it's personal with Franklin. He just happens to be sitting in the head coach's chair.

I guess I should be happy I don't have to hear their opinions on Joe very often these days. And soon I won't have to ever again!

Reactions: bmw199 and nits74
If we're being honest the "Akron" comment the other year could have been seen as a slight against Pitt. Plus the whole "Dominate the State" motto when he came aboard was a planting the flag kind of movement.

But that Akron comment was only offensive if separated from the context and meaning of his statement. In Franklin's universe, the only game that matters is the game on your schedule that week. And in that sense, Pitt was no different than the game on their schedule the week prior -- Akron. No bigger. No smaller. That's his mantra.

Now, for Pitt fans who didn't want to take such a comment charitably or who aren't familiar with Franklin's thinking on that.....sure. It comes across as an insult. Tough shit for them, I guess.

Frankly, if I were a Pitt fan, the more egregious issue would have been Clifford's bomb late in the game last year and Franklin's challenge on Slade's late game fumble. Clearly, Franklin didn't want to take the foot off the gas. Not that I blame him.

He’s what around we’d call a real putz. His rant reminded me of Harbaugh where you listen but Have no idea of why you just heard.
Forget the signals. We could give them a copy of our playbook and they still couldn’t be us.

Reactions: Nick's Name

Interesting quote about Paterno killing Pitt football. How do you mean? e.g. By winning about 5 out of every 6 games?

As you probably know, 35 or so years ago, Joe tried to help all of "Eastern" football grow and thrive by strongly advocating for a Conference. Pitt and Syracuse were too short-sighted to see it. Pitt's failure to be strategic and see the value was one factor in PSU joining the B1G and dropping the annual games with the Eastern schools. They in turn had to react quickly and form a conference (The Big East) that was automatically 2nd tier to the B1G, simply because it lacked Penn State. That 'killed' Pitt football (meaning they never returned to the short-lived modern glory years of 1973-1982) as much as PSU winning so consistently over them.

Interesting quote about Paterno killing Pitt football. How do you mean? e.g. By winning about 5 out of every 6 games?

As you probably know, 35 or so years ago, Joe tried to help all of "Eastern" football grow and thrive by strongly advocating for a Conference. Pitt and Syracuse were too short-sighted to see it. Pitt's failure to be strategic and see the value was one factor in PSU joining the B1G and dropping the annual games with the Eastern schools. They in turn had to react quickly and form a conference (The Big East) that was automatically 2nd tier to the B1G, simply because it lacked Penn State. That 'killed' Pitt football (meaning they never returned to the short-lived modern glory years of 1973-1982) as much as PSU winning so consistently over them.
And as a Villanovan, glad they (Pitt and Syr) are both out of the current Big East! Not sure I want UConn back, but whatever.

Reactions: PSU Dave and Bob78
So, if a player had transferred from Pitt to PSU, or to any of Pitt's opponents, Duzzy would NOT change their signals? He'd stay status quo on signals.... because he wouldn't even think about that possibility? Guess there would be so little time to cover all contingencies, so gotta corners somewhere?

Signals change all the time in baseball, sometimes from one game to another in a 3-game series, let alone when someone gets traded or is picked up.

Good lord. If CJF had not changed signals, we'd be calling him out, and rightfully so. Duzzy just wanted to find a way to make a dig, and couldn't think past the very thin surface of this one, apparently. What a guy.
The fact that nardouche wouldn’t even think to change signals once again shows a coach who leaves no stone unturned and one who just has them in his head.

Hope we embarrass those dumbasses again

PSU players should be very aware of, and concerned about, getting cut-blocked below the knees......on every play.

Narduzzi is a certifiable "head case" and will resort to anything, including coaching his team to take out PSU players, in order to win this game or even make it close.

Desperate coaches do desperate things......

Good question except nobody wants Pitt's players ;)

I did my undergrad at Illinois during the Bill Self/Bruce Weber years, and Narduzzi reminds me of Weber. Just an incredibly awkward person that can't get out of his own way on stuff like this. Weber was obsessed with Bill Self (the inferiority complex was obvious), and Narduzzi is obsessed with Franklin for the same reason. In both cases, those dudes couldn't recruit talent to save their lives (or their jobs). It's not hard to see why.

The difference is, Weber is a genuinely good and decent man and actually took his team to the national title game before tanking. I don't necessarily think Narduzzi is a fundamentally bad guy, but it's hard to like him. And as a head coach in a major conference, he's in over his head.

If you were coaching a program whose last major bowl win was in 1982, and played weekly (and weakly) in front of thousands of empty seats, wouldn't an in-state program with more success get into your head too?

Well, after Saturday it will not be an issue until 3030. isn't that what sandy said?

The hate is so strong with those tards that on the lair, one of them calls Franklin a rapist..

The hate is so strong with those tards that on the lair, one of them calls Franklin a rapist..

It's a big hate cyclone and I can't wait until it's over. I hate these people so much it makes my face hurt. I don't really like feeling like that.

I spent about 10 minutes just now and I can't find the video but if anyone can locate the one where they cut up the dardo-do acting all crazy vs. VATECH and they play yackety sax, I would love to see that right now.

It's a big hate cyclone and I can't wait until it's over. I hate these people so much it makes my face hurt. I don't really like feeling like that.

I spent about 10 minutes just now and I can't find the video but if anyone can locate the one where they cut up the dardo-do acting all crazy vs. VATECH and they play yackety sax, I would love to see that right now.

No yackety sax but I like these....

That whole signal tirade was hard to listen to. The man can barely string together two coherent sentences.

Reactions: Nick's Name
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT