ADVERTISEMENT

My plea to the Board nerds

revenge of the nerds 80s GIF

Is it just me or does their overall draw on the front side look horrible with the exception of Lee and Woods. Even Woods has some interesting minefields to navigate.
I was being facetious, as in why would we even look at PSU in consis?

Iowa has some horrible draws. While I don't expect this to happen, it's possible that only 3 guys (Lee, Woods, Cass) reach the quarters.

You’d know if you’re a nerd, so since you’re not sure then you’re clearly not a nerd
I kind of think if anybody considers the time we each spend on a wrestling message board, while a work, home, shopping with wife or any other time that presents an opportunity - most of us are somewhat, full fledged wrestling nerds.

Last edited:
I was being facetious, as in why would we even look at PSU in consis?

Iowa has some horrible draws. While I don't expect this to happen, it's possible that only 3 guys (Lee, Woods, Cass) reach the quarters.
Damn man, don't tease me like that. Tell me, right now you are serious and that will damn well be the reality!

Last edited:
Damn man, don't tease me like that. Tell me, right now you are serious and that will damn well be the reality!
I was serious about the possibility, but don't expect it to happen. It's Iowa, they're bound to win some matches that maybe they shouldn't.

Here are their draws:

133 -- 24 Teske: R1 vs. 9 Phillippi, then R2 vs. 8 Nagao.

149 -- 8 Murin: R1 vs. 25 Burgos (Edinboro), then R2 vs. 9 Millner. Millner beat him 8-1 last year.

157 -- 14 Siebrect: R1 vs. 19 Model, then R2 vs. 3 Robb.

165 -- 6 Kennedy: R1 vs. 27 Formato (App St), then R2 vs. 11 Amine. Kennedy beat Amine 3-2 at B10s, only matchup.

174 -- 11 Brands: R1 vs. 22 Faison (NC St), then R2 vs. 6 Smith. Faison is not a gimme -- he beat Lautt and took Lewis to rideouts.

184 -- 12 Assad: R1 vs. 21 Hoose (Buff), then R2 vs. 5 Coleman. Coleman only won 3-2 in the dual, so Assad might pull this off.

197 -- 14 Warner: R1 vs. 19 Caffey, then R2 vs. 3 Elam. Finalist Warner breaks thru this ... but we haven't seen that guy in a while.

I kind of think if anybody considers the time we each spend on a wrestling message board, while a work, home, shopping with wife or any other time that presents an opportunity - most of us are somewhat, full fledged wrestling nerds.
What you describe as “nerd”, I might describe as “victim seeking escape”. 😉

Reactions: nitlion6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT