ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota is good.

Michigan State beat Akron & Western Michigan which is meaningless. They hung in with #18 Washington then got beat by Minnesota.

Minnesota beat 3 very weak teams but their win over Michigan State seems impressive.

PSU beat 2-2 Purdue that needed a late fumble recovery to beat Florida Atlantic. They beat Auburn who barely beat San Jose who barely beat Portland. Auburn needed a dumb fumble (no contact) to beat Missouri. PSU was beating CMU 21-14 at half. Oklahoma Stat was beating CMU 44-15 at half.

IMO PSU has yet to beat a good team. We know that PSU has lots of young talent/speed but we have no idea how they'll hold up against the top teams.
And who has Michigan beaten?

I've been watching Minny VERY closely and they are STRONG AF! Tanner Morgan is a top QB and Ibrahim is a HORSE. Their back up RB is even good. Their TE is a stud and ball hawk. The Minny D is ranked top in the country or close to it. They have annihilated the spread the past two weeks. Fleck is a man on a mission. They are far and away the second best team we play this year. If the White out game was today, I predict the spread would be PSU -4 or -5. And I would be worried. I'm curious what others would think. Minny is the real deal 4 sho. Imagine if they still had their BEST wide receiver?!!? Scary.
Uh Purdue says hold my beer on the road no less.

Reactions: Spydersgirl
They flat lined today. Good luck to anyone trying to predict the West. That whole division is garbage
Yes, we resemble that. Garbage that is. I can only hope that it was just an off day. Hopefully the bye week will give the program time to figure things out.

Yes, we resemble that. Garbage that is. I can only hope that it was just an off day. Hopefully the bye week will give the program time to figure things out.
You need Ibrahim back honestly. Too many mistakes (missed 28 yard FG, dropped TD, etc) to overcome any team without your best player. Good luck aside for your game against us.

Reactions: STPGopherfan
You need Ibrahim back honestly. Too many mistakes (missed 28 yard FG, dropped TD, etc) to overcome any team without your best player. Good luck aside for your game against us.
Good points, but still, If we can't make Purdue pay for loading the box, we have bigger issues. Thanks for the well wishes! Our program is going to need them.

Yes, without O'Connel or Charlie Davies they struggle. With them healthy they are solid. Syracuse is a decent team. 5-0.
O'Connell played against Syracuse. And, no, Syracuse isn't a decent team. They haven't played anyone. Shrader is one of the worst P5 QBs I've seen. Syracuse barely beat UVa. Their next 3 are NCSU, Clemson and ND. Any chance they're better than 6-2 after that? Or would you say 5-3 is likely? They actually could lose their next 6 and no one would be mildly surprised.

Minnesota lost their top WR for the year IMO--they need Ibrahim back or they have no shot--it won't be easy to win many games even in the west.

No. It won't be the end. The carrot will then be moved to OSU.
If they beat Michigan and are competitive against Ohio State even in a losing effort there really shouldn't be any complaints as long as they don't choke in one of the other games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT