ADVERTISEMENT

Miles Sanders decommitting?

he's gone, he followed at least 20 Sparty players, recruits and/or students, even the rugby team.

he's removed all PSU commit stuff.

he's now favorited two tweets today...one from Spartan Dawgs saying they can't wait for his visit and still looking for 1st RB commit for 16 and another of a Toledo player saying "Change is inevitable."

Either he is just trolling everyone or he is leaving for Sparty. He's gone.

This one after Lavert Hill and Dioubate, this one will really hurt. You can't become a championship program losing talent like this to those you are trying to champion.

The rugby team!? Wow. Always had a bad feeling about Sanders but never wanted to write it (because once you write something it's more likely to come true according to my debilitating superstition).

The dead period ends soon and hopefully our coaches will be out doing their ABC's (ALWAYS BE CLOSING). Need to keep Sanders and finish strong.

Reactions: Lionrevival
His upcoming visits will basically decide his future.. This weekend to MSU, then the weekend after at PSU.

He is a stud! Hope he stays with us.

The MSU success is just about over.

Two teams can compete nationally from the B10 - OSU AND UM and hopefully PSU in a few years. But we need players like Sanders to get there!!

Not saying we did. Should say concerned about the possibility.

So you're getting "concerned" about posts by people who have no clue what Miles Sanders is thinking is going to "help" make sure that Sanders stays with PSU? I'm having trouble following your logic here - why would I get "concerned" about unconfirmed posts by fake PSU fan trolls??? And how would getting all "concerned" do anything one way or the other?

it's a board to talk about recruiting so we are posting about recruiting. Everyone realizes we can't do anything, if you don't like hearing about it don't open the thread

Well what exactly would you suggest we do about it even if it's true? Stay up all night and cry about it?
Lets take a look at the roster. RB is a strength with depth. Losing a player we never had (you don't have a HS kid in the fold until signing day or as early enrollee) at a position of strength isn't the end of the world. Of course you want to recruit well and keep players in state. But you can't make him commit. If the offense gets rolling and is exciting, recruits will come. Right now there are question marks. MSU has a higher ranked class at the moment, were B10 Champs, and made it the final four. With MSU, you know what you are getting. At PSU, not so much. PSU, like it or not, is not at that level at the moment. I do hope he decides to sign for PSU, but if doesn't, he doesn't and life goes on. Looking at RBs, we are still fine. You will drive yourself nuts if you obsess over every potential recruit.

Reactions: WeR0206
Well we aspire to be a championship program and you need top players to do that. Why follow recruiting at all if you aren't a little concerned about losing the top RB in the country from your recruiting footprint

it is about losing a string of 4* players that need to be held at this point for the program recovery. Franklin cannot lose core recruits and say there will be a next year. he has about three years to hit results. you don't do that with mediocre talent.

it's a board to talk about recruiting so we are posting about recruiting. Everyone realizes we can't do anything, if you don't like hearing about it don't open the thread
It's not that I don't like hearing about it but what I am "hearing" is BS from a Pitt Troll - just trying to set the bar on this one.

A lot of people on here hammered the guy who first posted about Shoop. I don't think anyone can view this positively. All these guys know what is going on when it comes to message boards. If there was nothing to this, wouldn't Sanders simply say he is on board. I am worried that we still get a visit to be honest.

Miles, if you read this, don't drink the water on your trip to the state of Michigan. You'll get more lead in your system than Bonnie and Clyde.

It's not that I don't like hearing about it but what I am "hearing" is BS from a Pitt Troll - just trying to set the bar on this one.

OP is actually correct here - Sanders removed all PSU related stuff from his Twitter and started following and re-tweeting MSU stuff. Could be something, could be nothing...

His twitter say PSU commit, and I read on the other site that PSU has an in home visit this Saturday then he will be in State College on Jan 22.
Is this kid playing games? If so, then u have to question it. What is all this stuff about him tweeting MSU people and such? Makes no sense.

My last post on this. From his twitter.

Ⓜ️iles Sanders
@BoobieMiles_4
Psu Commit|Under Armour All-American•
2b50.png
2b50.png
2b50.png
2b50.png
2b50.png

Wilkinsburg, PA
hudl.com/athlete/171308…
Joined May 2011
Born on May 1, 1997

I'm looking at his twitter right now And it says PSU commit. The last thing he tweeted about football was 6 days ago and was about his upcoming PSU visit.

Who knows it is back to psu now. Recruits do stuff to mess with folks. It is crazy how upset people get when something is up put up on twitter. Lol just like #H2P. Did Pitt actually get any of those guys to commit in the #H2P flash mob.

I recall when hackenburg posted visiting canes and everyone freaked out. He was really was just going to the fast food joint Canes.

Has Miles officially decommitted? He has removed his commitment to us on Twitter and is now following a bunch of MSU people. People on TOS are saying he has opened up his recruitment.

What the hell is going on?

Well, if he's going to msu, then he's convinced they'll be running a 2-back set. at psu, he's going to compete to be #1. I have no idea how good he thinks he is, but he's got stiff competition at both psu and msu if he wants serious PT.

unless i missed something, scott can't leave any sooner than after his junior season. [that said, i can hear the coaches in private.. 'we couldn't run on alabama.. maybe YOU can!'

so... maybe sanders feels he's safer behind msu's OL than ours (justifiable) or maybe he watched SB make water into wine and isn't sure he can do the same.

bottom line.. he wants to go, then go. i'm quite comfortable with SB and Robinson (and others). I'd love depth and the cache you get out of landing a kid like sanders.... but seriously. he appears to have the same problem the kid at ND is having.. he ain't gonna see the field at msu... other than from the sideline.

Not that I believe he will decommitt but if he does, it definitely wont be the end of the world. Just doesn't look to great from the outside looking in.

he put back up PSU commit tonight and followed 1 PSU fan after that who relentlessly tweets about how good Miles is.

Sure he could be trolling, but still its reason for concern. You need to keep the highly recruited kids you have committed if you want to win with the big boys, all I am saying, especially one's from your home state. Perception is almost as important as the player actually being good these days.

Franklin #1 trait by far is recruiting. If that starts falling off, fuhgetaboutit, he doesn't coach well enough in games to make it with the big boys and getting lesser recruits with a lesser coach is just, mediocre at best.

At best we have reason for concern, at worst Miles Sanders is a Spartan in the next few days or weeks.

Losing him to a divisional team is just the groin shot none of us need right now.

I can minimize all of the other attrition this past week and even the kid from Michigan DB who decomitted, this one would be tough to do.

Reactions: grinagrin
he's gone, he followed at least 20 Sparty players, recruits and/or students, even the rugby team.

he's removed all PSU commit stuff.

he's now favorited two tweets today...one from Spartan Dawgs saying they can't wait for his visit and still looking for 1st RB commit for 16 and another of a Toledo player saying "Change is inevitable."

Either he is just trolling everyone or he is leaving for Sparty. He's gone.

This one after Lavert Hill and Dioubate, this one will really hurt. You can't become a championship program losing talent like this to those you are trying to champion.

No doubt in my mind, Pitt had a hand in this under the table if true.

His upcoming visits will basically decide his future.. This weekend to MSU, then the weekend after at PSU.

He is a stud! Hope he stays with us.

The MSU success is just about over.

Two teams can compete nationally from the B10 - OSU AND UM and hopefully PSU in a few years. But we need players like Sanders to get there!!

"MSU success is just about over"? Lol.

In my Allen Inversion voice:

What are we talking bout... Twitter?
We talkin bout Twitter.
Not the game, not the game... We talkin bout Twitter.
What are we talkin bout.... Twitter?

Ill be surprised if MSU achieves the 10-11 win plateau again next year. Is their run stable or is it a peak? I know one thing after all of their recruiting and game tactics I can't wait to see us win our first against them since sanctions.

The poor kid had to put the PSU commit thing back up on twitter to get the Pitt nuts off his back, no doubt.

One of the many things I enjoy about a bowl trip is waking early and having my coffee in the lobby of the hotel. Engaging in conversation with Lions Fans and this year Georgia Fans. Honestly, every single Georgia fan had nothing but glowing praise for what James Franklin achieved at Vandy. There was genuine respect in their voices. I really don't think people here have a clue how thin the talent was/is here. First of all no one, myself included is qualified (to judge his coaching abilities), and any valid estimations can only come beginning 2017 when his recruits are prepared to compete. For those who constantly question everything about JF and predict that the sky is falling, especially when coaches move and excess talent is "weeded out" to enhance progress and roster upgrade............you contribute to the perception that JF is on shaky ground and play into the narrative rival schools are trying to sell to our recruits.

"MSU success is just about over"? Lol.

I was actually just thinking this week that MSU is peaking. They probably have a couple of years of high-level competition left, but I think it's downhill from here for them...slowly...but still downhill. Harbaugh is going to be poaching the recruits MSU has been stealing away from UM over the last 5-8 years and D'Antonio is starting to get older.

Well we aspire to be a championship program and you need top players to do that. Why follow recruiting at all if you aren't a little concerned about losing the top RB in the country from your recruiting footprint
Good point. Why follow recruiting? What does a verbal even really mean anymore? Especially when it's months before the signing date. I'll wait until the Blue-White game to find out who is actually on our team and give up on all this drama and aggravation.

Que Chris Peak writing an article blaming his Mom for Sanders not being at Pitt......ohhh that's right he already did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT