ADVERTISEMENT

Miles Sanders decommitting?

I think Miles likes the idea of sharing the backfield with Barkley for a few years. RB is one position you don't want to carry the load single handily your whole college career with hopes of making to NFL healthy.

If PSU keeps the visit on the 22nd, and that's Sanders last visit, I like our chances.

Last edited:
Reactions: grinagrin
I was actually just thinking this week that MSU is peaking. They probably have a couple of years of high-level competition left, but I think it's downhill from here for them...slowly...but still downhill. Harbaugh is going to be poaching the recruits MSU has been stealing away from UM over the last 5-8 years and D'Antonio is starting to get older.

Michigan's decision to hire RichRod set their own program back years and helped vault Sparty into the upper echelon. I'm not sure MSU has the staying power to maintain their performance with Harbaugh leading UM though.

While I think MSU is a great program and D'Antonio is a heck of a coach, if MSU were a stock I would be awfully hesitant to buy. They looked like an incredibly average team for most of the season. I get there were a lot of injuries to deal with but they weren't too many plays away from being a 4 or 5 loss team.

Here's a novel idea...don't take any kids word until a fax is signed and sent to the football office on Feb 4th or 5th...to much grandstanding for me. And another thing...we got a lot of rb's and they arer a dime a dozen...CJF will go get 2 or 3 next year...

Has Miles officially decommitted? He has removed his commitment to us on Twitter and is now following a bunch of MSU people. People on TOS are saying he has opened up his recruitment.

What the hell is going on?

Having been to MSU and E Landfill, Michigan - nowhere near rhe college experience of Penn State. Its simply: meh. Fans: meh, Education: meh. Active alumni base: meh. It's like wanting to watch rhe Houston Astros play. They are on a mini roll in football now. They will stumble back to mid pack soon enough. If Miles opens his eyes during the vist to MSU, he'll see the reality. 4 yrs there? Thanks anyway

I'm looking at his twitter right now And it says PSU commit. The last thing he tweeted about football was 6 days ago and was about his upcoming PSU visit.

You mean the fraud, posing PSU fan trolls are lying again to their own absurd agenda? No way! I mean they're completely absurd supposed-adult scumbags, but who knew they were capable of even this infancy against a high school kid (putting words in his mouth and attributing statements to him that he's never made).....actually, anybody who has had any exposure to the OP troll (ly'in_revival) knows that this is nothing relative to what this troll is capable of, but the mods on the board let him merrily continue with his trolling ways - go figure?!?!

Reactions: Pride and royboy
You mean the fraud, posing PSU fan trolls are lying again to their own absurd agenda? No way! I mean they're completely absurd supposed-adult scumbags, but who knew they were capable of even this infancy against a high school kid (putting words in his mouth and attributing statements to him that he's never made).....actually, anybody who has had any exposure to the OP troll (ly'in_revival) knows that this is nothing relative to what this troll is capable of, but the mods on the board let him merrily continue with his trolling ways - go figure?!?!
Lionrevival is a troll.

He probably gets a kick out of watching a bunch of grown men panic and obsessed with what he does. Honestly, the best thing to do is not pay attention, and to open the paper a day after signing day and see who we got :)

He did remove it last night for a while.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Ill be surprised if MSU achieves the 10-11 win plateau again next year. Is their run stable or is it a peak? I know one thing after all of their recruiting and game tactics I can't wait to see us win our first against them since sanctions.

5 11-win seasons in the last 6 years & 3 straight Top Ten finishes. I would say that's pretty "stable". But maybe you guys have a different definition of stability than I do. LMAO

Anyway, good luck & happy recruiting ! Who really knows where he ends up ?

Reactions: olelion
He is already gone to me...why play around this late in the game, only means he's not really committed. Again, he would be enrolled at PSU already if not for a stupid rule about early graduation his HS has. What a shame. Must focus on Swift for 17 now.

He is already gone to me...why play around this late in the game, only means he's not really committed. Again, he would be enrolled at PSU already if not for a stupid rule about early graduation his HS has. What a shame. Must focus on Swift for 17 now.

You funny troll-boy.... I especially like the "must focus on Swift....now". Baaahaaaahaaa, as if it makes a $hit's bit of difference what you or any other idiot on this board "focuses on"?!?! Talk about needing to "grow up" and "get a life"....good grief Charlie Brown!

Reactions: furfoot
Sanders committed before the start of the 2015 season and before Barkeley was discovered. Now, without a doubt, Barkeley is the man for 2 more years. Penn State just switched to the spread offense next year which to me and a lot of people means more passing offense. You wonder why he might be looking?

Reactions: greenpeach
Sanders committed before the start of the 2015 season and before Barkeley was discovered. Now, without a doubt, Barkeley is the man for 2 more years. Penn State just switched to the spread offense next year which to me and a lot of people means more passing offense. You wonder why he might be looking?

Yeah, they don't hand the ball off or use the RBs in up tempo offenses! WTF?

Has Miles officially decommitted? He has removed his commitment to us on Twitter and is now following a bunch of MSU people. People on TOS are saying he has opened up his recruitment.

What the hell is going on?
It's back up...relax and he has not "opened up his recruitment."

This is not accurate at all. Go look at Moorhead's off. stats from last year. Let me know if they run the ball or not.

It's back up...relax and he has not "opened up his recruitment."

What the hell is sanders doing to us!!!!

I can't take this off season! I am about to take a break till after signing day. I am due for business in PA around signing day and might go to the event.

You clearly don't know jack about Moorhead's schemes - 2 back sets (especially split-backs, e.g., "half-backs") are integral to his schemes and generate tons of the offensive production. If anything, bringing in Moorhead would suggest that Sanders and Barkley will likely be on the field together a lot next year (e.g., PSU's "base" offensive formation will probably have them on the field at the same time).

I know you wont look so I will make it easy for you.
You clearly don't know jack about Moorhead's schemes - 2 back sets (especially split-backs, e.g., "half-backs") are integral to his schemes and generate tons of the offensive production. If anything, bringing in Moorhead would suggest that Sanders and Barkley will likely be on the field together a lot next year (e.g., PSU's "base" offensive formation will probably have them on the field at the same time).
The typical uneducated poster running his mouth like he knows what he is talking about. Fordham ran the ball 462 times in 2015. Penn State ran the ball 424 times in 2015. Great attempt at trying to spin that rutgersdave!

Reactions: WeR0206 and LionJim

I can't take this off season! I am about to take a break till after signing day. I am due for business in PA around signing day and might go to the event.

I this......I that......I'm doing this......I might do that.... You're truly pathetic pal - are any of us supposed to give a rat's @ss what you do or don't do? Nobody cares what you do troll-boy - take a hike you pathetic loser.

Michigan State signed LJ Scott last year who was even more highly ranked than Barkley, so it's not like he'd automatically be the star RB from day one at MSU either. I also would think that for a RB with aspirations to play pro football, sharing the backfield in college would be desirable. At least for a year or two. Less injury risk, less wear and tear, etc.

Well, I'm no fan of MSU Football, but I will say I thought the MSU campus was very nice. Their campus is a lot like ours, except they're kinda flat and we're hilly. Like any other school - the best education available is there waiting for you, IF you want to go get it. You want to float by and waste your time, then go ahead.

Naturally I want Sanders here and I think he ultimately signs on the line which is dotted. But if he decides to go green, or go blue, or go chartreuse - there are plenty of good schools out there.

Reactions: LionJim

You need to read up on Moorhead's offense. It is not a pass happy spread offense. Barkley didn't just appear in week 12. This is Narddicky and MSU telling him Franklin is out. If you at least looked up what Fordham did on O with regards to the run game, you wouldn't have looked so foolish.

Spoken like a true troll.

The fact that you are still here is just further proof that you are a troll. If you truly are a PSU fan who "can't take this off season." You can prove it by never posting again. Just leave this board and save yourself the stress. As an added bonus, you won't be called a troll anymore. Since literally nobody wants you here, it is WIN-WIN.

Well, I'm no fan of MSU Football, but I will say I thought the MSU campus was very nice. Their campus is a lot like ours, except they're kinda flat and we're hilly. Like any other school - the best education available is there waiting for you, IF you want to go get it. You want to float by and waste your time, then go ahead.

Naturally I want Sanders here and I think he ultimately signs on the line which is dotted. But if he decides to go green, or go blue, or go chartreuse - there are plenty of good schools out there.
Hilly tops flat when it comes to scenic beauty and women. That's a flat out truth!

Ummm, all except for the fact that PSU's campus is located in the Borrough of State College, PA while MSU is located in the City of East Lansing, MI. I don't know anybody that would call East Lansing, MI a remotely scenic environ....while State College, and Centre County in general, are universally hailed as having bucolic Allegheny Mountain beauty and charm.

Last edited:
Ummm, all except for the fact that PSU's campus is located in the Borrough of State College, PA while MSU is located in the City of East Lansing, MI. I don't know anybody that would call East Lansing, MI a remotely scenic environ....while State College and Centre County in general are universally hailed as having bucolic Allegheny Mountain beauty and charm.

Not sure if serious?

You funny troll-boy.... I especially like the "must focus on Swift....now". Baaahaaaahaaa, as if it makes a $hit's bit of difference what you or any other idiot on this board "focuses on"?!?! Talk about needing to "grow up" and "get a life"....good grief Charlie Brown!

I'm a troll? Bahahaaha...yea I went all the way down to Jacksonville and sat 10 rows behind PSU bench to troll. I am just going where my eyes tell me and being pessimistic in hopes of reverse psychology working and he stays committed and forms the best 1-2 punch PSU football has ever seen.

But I'm a troll?? Bahahaha, because you don't like what I am saying? Ok then kid.

Reactions: Lionrevival
5 11-win seasons in the last 6 years & 3 straight Top Ten finishes. I would say that's pretty "stable". But maybe you guys have a different definition of stability than I do. LMAO

MSU is a good program, but it proved this year how inaccurate the ranking system is....top 25 is more appropriate.

Officially visiting MSU on 1/29 :)

Hey! Spartan fans! Welcome gents.

Honest question - to what degree do you believe MSU benefitted these past several years considering PSU's sanctions and the failed RichRod/Hoke experiment at Michigan? A lot? A little? None? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm, all except for the fact that PSU's campus is located in the Borrough of State College, PA while MSU is located in the City of East Lansing, MI. I don't know anybody that would call East Lansing, MI a remotely scenic environ....while State College, and Centre County in general, are universally hailed as having bucolic Allegheny Mountain beauty and charm.

PSU's campus is in University Park - a separate entity than State College. It has it's own zip code, it's own municipal services like steam, electric and sewage, and it's own Police Force.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT