ADVERTISEMENT

Miles Sanders decommitting?

This is officially IT for me. I am done listening to any 18 yr old primma donna's VERBAL commitment. This dude has done it for me. Wasn't it just a few weeks ago he twitted, tweeted, or twatted that he was done with recruiting??...that he was PSU through and through??. He was telling all coaches to not bother calling or texting? Going back to my previous post full time....you guys will be kind enough to wake me up at around 11ish on signing day, whenever that is, and let me know who we ended up getting. This stuff has gotten thoroughly out of control. Long gone are the days when a man promises something he means it. 99% of these kids just do it to be cool, "everyone look at me"...sorry...I am to old for this crap.

This is officially IT for me. I am done listening to any 18 yr old primma donna's VERBAL commitment. This dude has done it for me. Wasn't it just a few weeks ago he twitted, tweeted, or twatted that he was done with recruiting??...that he was PSU through and through??. He was telling all coaches to not bother calling or texting? Going back to my previous post full time....you guys will be kind enough to wake me up at around 11ish on signing day, whenever that is, and let me know who we ended up getting. This stuff has gotten thoroughly out of control. Long gone are the days when a man promises something he means it. 99% of these kids just do it to be cool, "everyone look at me"...sorry...I am to old for this crap.

I feel sorry for the guys who actually pay for recruiting news/updates. Worth less than a verbal commitment I think. Still, to each his own.

PSU's campus is in University Park - a separate entity than State College. It has it's own zip code, it's own municipal services like steam, electric and sewage, and it's own Police Force.

True, but the campus borders State College on three sides (only border not bordering the Borrough of State College is the north border of campus). This is true because the original "campus" was carved out of State College by the State when PSU was founded as the Land Grant Institution and the campus was given it's own titling "University Park" -- this is why the campus creates a rectangular "carve out" in the "north central" area of State College and the southern border of University Park runs tangent on the opposite side of "College Avenue" to downtown State College.

Sanders committed before the start of the 2015 season and before Barkeley was discovered. Now, without a doubt, Barkeley is the man for 2 more years. Penn State just switched to the spread offense next year which to me and a lot of people means more passing offense. You wonder why he might be looking?

Yo, Knute Rockne, Fordham's Chase Edmonds was named conference player of the year.....and he's a running back.......gained over 1,700 yards ON THE ****ING ground!

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
MSU is a good program, but it proved this year how inaccurate the ranking system is....top 25 is more appropriate.

13-1 Houston who handled F$U far easier than Clemson was a better team than MSU yet the wonderful rigged BcS-Controlled Ranking System gave them a Final Ranking that determined the 4-team invitational of #19 and MSU a ranking of #3??? Can you say joke?

True, but the campus borders State College on three sides (only border not bordering the Borrough of State College is the north border of campus). This is true because the original "campus" was carved out of State College by the State when PSU was founded as the Land Grant Institution and the campus was given it's own titling "University Park" -- this is why the campus creates a rectangular "carve out" in the "north central" area of State College and the southern border of University Park runs tangent on the opposite side of "College Avenue" to downtown State College.

Oh, seriously, more geography lessons from Chewie?!?!

13-1 Houston who handled F$U far easier than Clemson was a better team than MSU yet the wonderful rigged BcS-Controlled Ranking System gave them a Final Ranking that determined the 4-team invitational of #19 and MSU a ranking of #3??? Can you say joke?

This woodie you have for Houston is lasting far more than four hours, You should seek medical attention.

I'm a troll? Bahahaaha...yea I went all the way down to Jacksonville and sat 10 rows behind PSU bench to troll. I am just going where my eyes tell me and being pessimistic in hopes of reverse psychology working and he stays committed and forms the best 1-2 punch PSU football has ever seen.

But I'm a troll?? Bahahaha, because you don't like what I am saying? Ok then kid.

Bahahahaha, keep spinning troll-boy - really got a kick out of your "reverse psychology" bull$hit and how your meaningless, worthless, stupid posts now supposedly control 18YO recruits with your Jedi mind tricks....if anyone is childish "kid" supposed-adult in this thread, it's you jack@ss. Now get back under the bridge and stay there where you belong troll-boy.

I don't listen and get all worked up over what these kids say or do. The majority of these kids are all over social media. The really good ones are being harassed by reporters and recruiters for years. The fact that he takes down his PSU info off of Twitter might mean he is looking for attention. It might also mean he has real concerns (which anyone making a major life decision like this would given the unusual amount of turnover in the past week). I'll hold the kids to a higher level when the coach's promise means something. Until then, they can do whatever they want.

psuault..I am also done listening to coaches state. "I wanna be here forever. I will be at PSU as long as they will have me." Then, 36 hrs later they are on a plane to UT....I will be at the spring game..Then .I will get a decent idea who will be coaching and playing for us....

Reactions: psualt
Too much worrying about things that are out of a fans control. Relax and wait until signing day.

Reactions: nits74
I don't listen and get all worked up over what these kids say or do. The majority of these kids are all over social media. The really good ones are being harassed by reporters and recruiters for years. The fact that he takes down his PSU info off of Twitter might mean he is looking for attention. It might also mean he has real concerns (which anyone making a major life decision like this would given the unusual amount of turnover in the past week). I'll hold the kids to a higher level when the coach's promise means something. Until then, they can do whatever they want.

They don't call "Verbal Commitments" non-binding agreements for nothing -- they really only mean something to the individuals entering into them (e.g., the specific head coach and specific player in any specific situation). All they amount to are non-binding "promises" made by each party. The LOI is all that matters in a legal sense. However, they do matter in a character and reputation sense - if I was an FBS HC planning on doing recruiting for a long time...., I would not want to get the reputation of a coach that does not keep his word. Conversely, if I have a player tell me that he only gave a verbal so you would verbally promise to "hold a scholarship" for him but has now decided to go elsewhere (e.g., he used you in a dishonorable way so that you would not give a scholarship to another RB until he decided what he ultimately wanted to do), I'd probably tell that recruit that he has done you a great service because that type of mentality is a bad "culture" fit for what you are attempting to build (e.g., goodbye and good riddance). As far as I know, neither Coach Franklin or Miles Sanders have broken the commitment that they made to one-another - feel free to correct me if I am wrong about that.

psuault..I am also done listening to coaches state. "I wanna be here forever. I will be at PSU as long as they will have me." Then, 36 hrs later they are on a plane to UT....I will be at the spring game..Then .I will get a decent idea who will be coaching and playing for us....

He took that play right out of FLO's, errrrrr......I mean "BOB's" playbook.....

Anyone that has ever visited Lansing knows that it pales in comparison to the beautiful surroundings of Centre County Pennsy. Let's hope young Miles is able to see the difference between the two places.

Word is, Miles flipped on his original flip, then did a back flip in celebration of his most recent flip.

To anyone who's lame enough to care as much as they seem about 18 years old kids.....flip off.

If Sanders leaves I am done with Penn State I cant stand this bull shit any more. This program is going into the dumpster real fast. It isn't worth the aggravation any more. everybody said when Joe left the sleeping giant was awakened. I am convinced that when Joe died so did this program.

Reactions: Lionrevival
If Sanders leaves I am done with Penn State I cant stand this bull shit any more. This program is going into the dumpster real fast. It isn't worth the aggravation any more. everybody said when Joe left the sleeping giant was awakened. I am convinced that when Joe died so did this program.
calm down.

Don't think we are there yet. However if something isn't done about soon we are certainly headed for long term trouble

Well, the bleeding has stopped, so everyone who is staying, is staying. We need to hire one more coach, and we need every coach out there sealing the deal with who is left, and we need to now go after and get some needs to round out the class before signing day. I am sure that Franklin is working his ass off to hold Sanders. One day at a time.

Too funny - nice try troll, LMFAO!
goblin-from-troll-2-shoot.jpg

This is entertaining, but my goodness, enough already. It's not the end of the world. You guys will be fair to middling whether Sanders comes or not. Sheesh.

This is entertaining, but my goodness, enough already. It's not the end of the world. You guys will be fair to middling whether Sanders comes or not. Sheesh.

7-23 since 1960 vs PSU

3-7 last 10 meetings

we own u

take a hike troll

OK I officially capitulate and am experiencing a bit of a bounce-back. Sanders is nothing , Shoop was the dumpster fire and I'm over it. I'm with BKMtniitany waiting for the Blue White game and just letting everybody do what they're paid to do until signing day. Peace out.

Whoever said that Joe leaving would make the program better should be taken out back and beaten. Joe was the best thing that happened to psu athletics. We can't go up from Joe, we can try to maintain the standards he set on and off the field.

Hey! Spartan fans! Welcome gents.

Honest question - to what degree do you believe MSU benefitted these past several years considering PSU's sanctions and the failed RichRod/Hoke experiment at Michigan? A lot? A little? None? Thanks!
Hello Midnighter and Lion Fans, Penn States sanctions has had more affect on the direction of the Big Ten than did the Michigan coaching carousal. The life blood of a program is recruiting and depth. This has had a major influence on Penn State's ability to compete for championships. Michigan on the other hand, has maintained a high level of recruiting during the RichRod and Hoke years. You can't say that RichRod and Hoke are bad coaches, based upon past performance. Michigan's problems is with an attitude of entitlement , superiority and conflict within the athletic community and the university as a whole.

In the last 5 years Michigan State has won or shared 3 Big titles. Has beaten Ohio State twice in the last 3 years (no other Big Ten Team has beaten Urban since has arrival), Has beaten Stanford and Baylor in major bowl games Has has participated in the four team play off. Has beaten Michigan 7 of 8 years, Has beaten Penn State (I'm not going there). The point is, although Penn State and Michigan have not performed at traditional levels, Michigan State has become really good.

Penn State and Michigan are going to be contenders, as early as next year. Ohio State and MSU are not going anywhere. The Big East is going to be the most competitive conference in the nation.

This should make us all happy as college football fans.

Hello Midnighter and Lion Fans, Penn States sanctions has had more affect on the direction of the Big Ten than did the Michigan coaching carousal. The life blood of a program is recruiting and depth. This has had a major influence on Penn State's ability to compete for championships. Michigan on the other hand, has maintained a high level of recruiting during the RichRod and Hoke years. You can't say that RichRod and Hoke are bad coaches, based upon past performance. Michigan's problems is with an attitude of entitlement , superiority and conflict within the athletic community and the university as a whole.

In the last 5 years Michigan State has won or shared 3 Big titles. Has beaten Ohio State twice in the last 3 years (no other Big Ten Team has beaten Urban since has arrival), Has beaten Stanford and Baylor in major bowl games Has has participated in the four team play off. Has beaten Michigan 7 of 8 years, Has beaten Penn State (I'm not going there). The point is, although Penn State and Michigan have not performed at traditional levels, Michigan State has become really good.

Penn State and Michigan are going to be contenders, as early as next year. Ohio State and MSU are not going anywhere. The Big East is going to be the most competitive conference in the nation.

This should make us all happy as college football fans.

Wait so Michigan st and Ohio state are going to suck?

Wow, those facts are compelling indeed!
7-23 since 1960 vs PSU

3-7 last 10 meetings

we own u

take a hike troll

Wow, those facts are compelling! You must be a history major. Hey, I like history, too!
Problem is, we have to live in the present day. So crawl out of the attic trunk, put the mid century pennant down and get real.

We should all be looking forward to next September. We'll get to see first hand how these two programs are trending. Can't wait...

5 11-win seasons in the last 6 years & 3 straight Top Ten finishes. I would say that's pretty "stable". But maybe you guys have a different definition of stability than I do. LMAO

Anyway, good luck & happy recruiting ! Who really knows where he ends up ?
RichRod + Brady Hoke= Michigan is 2nd fiddle in Michigan. Any other coach and Michigan State is on life support and will be again.

THIS is the thing that ends if for you? Take a deep breath, Mike...

Reactions: mn78psu83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT