ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands

Brooks showed some grit and tenacity. Harvey is a big strong 74 pounder.

Can they call stalling for an injury timeout? Seems strange and not right.

Christensen of Wisconsin (who won 10-0) up next for Brooks in the quarters. Zahid won by pin at the weight.

Reactions: diggerpup
Took injury time at the beginning of 3rd when Army had choice. 2nd stall call for a point.

Nice win against a tough Army guy.

So that's the rule? Injury at end of period when opponent has choice is considered stalling? Not doubting, just asking for clarification..

So that's the rule? Injury at end of period when opponent has choice is considered stalling? Not doubting, just asking for clarification..

Because normally if you take injury time the other kid gets choice. In this instance he already had choice, so stall.

Reactions: HOCKEYGOD11
Brooks beat a tough guy and honestly he seemed a little timid on his shots through most of the match. This kid is going to be a stud, heck he already is.

Reactions: diggerpup
Brooks beat a tough guy and honestly he seemed a little timid on his shots through most of the match. This kid is going to be a stud, heck he already is.
I actually thought that AB had the guy in the first period. Army guy became a lot more aggressive in the second and third.

I thought Aaron was gonna get dinged for having to tie his shoelaces in the 1st. Is that still a rule?

I am a BTN Plus "PSU only" subscriber. And guess what... I get to watch Midlands with my subscription even tho PSU is not competing. Very happy about that.
I am too, however, I "THOUGHT" that the alerts to my phone would be nice so I did not have to search all the time. That feature went down at noon. I also have FLO for the Southern Scuffle. Let's hope that they correct that alert issue.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but looks like Tomasello lost due to injury earlier in this round. Hope it's not serious. Stinks to make a long comeback and then get injured in a testing-the-waters folkstyle tournament when you are training for freestyle.

Nato was leading about 11-6 when he inj defaulted. Supposedly someone said he seemed to come down on the mat awkwardly. Was limping some.

Couldn't get video to go until 3rd but holy smokes way to find a way to win. Hopefully healthy enough for the quarters. Will be hard to root against a WA kid but beings hes from the coast anyway go Brooks!

Reactions: danoftw
Stoll doesn't wrestle like a top 3 guy. The biggest thing going for him is his big-ness (size).

Reactions: wrestlinPSU
Aaaand things just got ugly in the Stoll match. Someone in the crowd screaming you should have shot yourself in the face.
Yea, there was something odd going on with that match. A fan or coach kept yelling and Stoll's opponent was penalized a point (not sure for what).

What happened with Parris and Costello? The score is stuck on 6-2 and the bout looks to be over.

Wilcke wins 2-0. Zero takedowns. Iowa style. Yawn.
I give Wilke a pass on scores like that. He wasn't a top recruit, and simply isn't THAT good. Yet I'd have to agree that he should be able to scrape out a takedown in a match like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT