ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands

Brooks gets a #12 seed at 174. Same side of bracket as Zahid Valencia (top seed). If he continues to win, Brooks has to go through the #5 and #4 seeds to get to Zahid in the semis: Ben Harvey and Ryan Christensen. FLO has Harvey (Army) ranked at #12 and Christensen (Wisconsin) at #10 at that weight.

No Seth Gross at 133. Tomasello is top seed. Austin DeSanto at #2.

Midlands schedule here, times are CST, so east coasters add an hour to these.

Saturday Dec 29
Session 1: 9:30 am (10:30 EST)
Session 2: 7:00 pm (8:00 EST)​

Sunday Dec 30
Session 3: 12 noon (1:00 EST) (semis)
Session 4: 7:00 pm (8 pm EST) (finals)​

Last edited:
Reactions: diggerpup
Midlands schedule here, times are CST, so east coasters add an hour to these.

Saturday Dec 29
Session 1: 9:30 am (10:30 EST)
Session 2: 7:00 pm (8:00 EST)​

Sunday Dec 30
Session 3: 12 noon (1:00 EST) (semi's)
Session 4: 7:00 pm (8 pm EST) (finals)​
FIFY

Even if you take the view that "semis" is a contraction of the plural "semifinals" (and thus akin to contracting "would not" into "wouldn't"), you don't add an s where you'd otherwise change the meaning. And because the use of apostrophe-s is reserved for possessives and contractions of "proper noun + is", the proper use here is "semis."

"Semi's" would be correct if you were indicating possessive, e.g., "The semi's pivotal moment was Valencia pulling on Hall's headgear..." Or plural possessive, e.g., "The semis' best match was between Hall and Valencia."

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
Even if you take the view that "semis" is a contraction of the plural "semifinals" (and thus akin to contracting "would not" into "wouldn't"), you don't add an s where you'd otherwise change the meaning. And because the use of apostrophe-s is reserved for possessives and contractions of "proper noun + is", the proper use here is "semis."

"Semi's" would be correct if you were indicating possessive, e.g., "The semi's pivotal moment was Valencia pulling on Hall's headgear..." Or plural possessive, e.g., "The semis' best match was between Hall and Valencia."

That wasn't what he fixed tikk. Look at your original post. You had the semis as being tonight. :oops:

That wasn't what he fixed tikk. Look at your original post. You had the semis as being tonight. :oops:
Heh. Oh. Nevermind.

But I believe I'm correct on that front as well. The Midlands semis took place at the end of day one last year, not sure why this year would be any different.

Heh. Oh. Nevermind.

But I believe I'm correct on that front as well. The Midlands semis took place at the end of day one last year, not sure why this year would be any different.
Hey tikk, that's not my recollection. Semis were on day 2 last year. Same the preceding couple of years. Not sure I remember the semis on day 1.

Reactions: tikk10
Hey tikk, that's not my recollection. Semis were on day 2 last year. Same the preceding couple of years. Not sure I remember the semis on day 1.
Roar, I trust your memory far better than mine so I'll accept that you're right.

Apologies for the grammar tantrum everyone, but I think we can all agree that putting that semis-semi's issue to bed was a public service.

EDIT: Timestamp on this Flo tweet from last year is compelling evidence that indeed, semis are session 3, early afternoon of day two.

Reactions: Ja1339
Meanwhile, question re mat assignments. Will they be available on Flo Arena if I don;t have a Flo subscription?

Meanwhile, question re mat assignments. Will they be available on Flo Arena if I don;t have a Flo subscription?
Pretty sure you need arena for Matt assignments. I also have text alerts turned on for AB, Iowa and Rutgers. Rutgers, just because.

Nova, just do it.

Pretty sure you need arena for Matt assignments. I also have text alerts turned on for AB, Iowa and Rutgers. Rutgers, just because.

Nova, just do it.

So I do need a Flo subscription, which I was planning on doing for the Scuffle anyway. FYI, Brooks first match is Match #195 so with 10 mats going he should be up around 1:30 PM if everything goes smoothly, meaning lots of early round Falls and Tech Falls.

So I do need a Flo subscription, which I was planning on doing for the Scuffle anyway. FYI, Brooks first match is Match #195 so with 10 mats going he should be up around 1:30 PM if everything goes smoothly, meaning lots of early round Falls and Tech Falls.

As I recall Arena does give mat assignments, but you have to change the settings to show the on-deck levels.

Keep the updates coming guys on flight to Fl. What is the golden bright thing in the sky?

Reactions: hlstone
Trackwrestling seems to be a better option than Floarena at this point. Click on the "Control Panel" in the upper left to change the on-deck depth from 1 to 3. And don't forget to click "Apply" at the bottom.

Pantaleo not challenged in his first match at 149. Downs the Army kid in 54s.

Trackwrestling seems to be a better option than Floarena at this point. Click on the "Control Panel" in the upper left to change the on-deck depth from 1 to 3. And don't forget to click "Apply" at the bottom.
Flo isn't carrying the mat assignments at all, only the brackets. Need Track for mat assignments, Flo for video.

Reactions: RoarLions1

Bout 48 is running right now so I have a feeling that Aaron may be up sooner than we think.

Reactions: diggerpup
Flo has the mat assignments for me.
Flo has mat assignments ..... they are just all wrong. Bout 20 Mat 10 was on there for 20 minutes. Track is so annoying I'd rather deal with searching through mats.

I tried watching the Deakin match but I couldn't find it. Flo had him down 4-3 and then it went dark. Anyone know what happened?

Flo's arena information is all screwed up. They had John Van Brill losing 13-0 when it was the opposite of that. And numerous other big errors.

I'm watching on btn plus and getting the mat assignments from trackwrestling. So far so good

I can't even find the event on Trackwrestling. Good grief.

Edit - Nevermind. I guess I'll stick to Track for mat assignments since Flo can't even get something that simple correct. Good thing I'm canceling Flo after the Scuffle.

Flo also doesn't frequently have announcers for early rounds. Why is that? They surely have guys there in the arena. They need to get their act together.

ADVERTISEMENT