ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands

The Cassioppiov thread on HR is great. The thread starts after his match with Nevills. At that point, you would think he would beat the best in the world. His pace was fantastic, he's never out of position, he was throwing Nevills around like a rag doll, etc.

Then, he wrestles Heino.

Whelp.

The guy that starts the thread with, "Good God, this guy is a beast," goes to "Well, how's that for coming back down to earth?" Pump the brakes. Leave the shirt on. He'll take some losses.

So typical of HR. But, usually it takes from April until now for the transformation to take place. This was all in a matter of two hours.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/cassioppi.256699/#post-6057983
He was going to do to Antknee what Curtis Lemay’s bombers did to Tokyo.

They are back on the Kaleb Young to AA and Lugo looking real tough trains.

I agree it is a very small segment of the Hawkeye fan population who even posts, AND posts stuff like this. But, it would be interesting to see Venn diagrams of the posting population. Then again, I'd find it interesting to see Venn diagrams of some of our conversations, as well.

Bigger than the 2018 Midlands? Bite your tongue. Penn State and Ohio State compete tooth and nail for Big-10 and NCAA championships and prepare accordingly. Iowa strives to bring home the annual Midlands' team trophy. In Iowa City there is nothing bigger than the Midlands.

I would love Penn State to go to Midlands next year and rip that Midlands' Trophy right from TnT's grasp. Put a dent in their annual Midlands route.

I agree it is a very small segment of the Hawkeye fan population who even posts, AND posts stuff like this. But, it would be interesting to see Venn diagrams of the posting population. Then again, I'd find it interesting to see Venn diagrams of some of our conversations, as well.
venn2.gif

Something like this? :)

If we’re being real here, the kid looks like a shell of himself. Hard to be top 3 when at least 2 guys ranked below would major him right now. People keep saying he needs to get healthy..who knows maybe this is who he is at this point
The Cassioppiov thread on HR is great. The thread starts after his match with Nevills. At that point, you would think he would beat the best in the world. His pace was fantastic, he's never out of position, he was throwing Nevills around like a rag doll, etc.

Then, he wrestles Heino.

Whelp.

The guy that starts the thread with, "Good God, this guy is a beast," goes to "Well, how's that for coming back down to earth?" Pump the brakes. Leave the shirt on. He'll take some losses.

So typical of HR. But, usually it takes from April until now for the transformation to take place. This was all in a matter of two hours.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/cassioppi.256699/#post-6057983
Yep, I actually feel just a "little" sorry for them. Kendawg injury and now Casswhoopin' gettin' beat (he's still good) and Warnerov gettin' handled. Maybe 4th at nationals is fading fast??? All in all it's good to see Iowa competitive. NOTE: I do enjoy the meltdowns on HR :)

Big Cass is very good and only going to get better imo. It is pretty common for a true freshman to have some problems in the bottom position. The kid has a motor and isn't afraid to take chances. He reminds me of a PSU guy or two.

Warner hurt himself jumping over a car hood or something of that nature when he returned from under 23. That doesn't explain his "deal" mentally, but that is the undisclosed injury that has nagged him.

Venn diagram of Spyker/Rings/Champs/Real-Lion: concentric circles.

Reactions: PSU Yinzer
Hawkeye fans on twitter are precious and very stubborn.

Bigger than the 2018 Midlands? Bite your tongue. Penn State and Ohio State compete tooth and nail for Big-10 and NCAA championships and prepare accordingly. Iowa strives to bring home the annual Midlands' team trophy. In Iowa City there is nothing bigger than the Midlands.
That sounds like Bo Schembechler every year losing a non-conference game (to ND or the like) and in the post-game presser declaring that the season doesn't start until the first B10 game ... and then just to reinforce how little the national title meant, crapping the bed in the Rose Bowl.

If you think HR has cornered the market on idiots you would be wrong , maybe you have the ones here on ignore

Yep, I actually feel just a "little" sorry for them. Kendawg injury and now Casswhoopin' gettin' beat (he's still good) and Warnerov gettin' handled. Maybe 4th at nationals is fading fast??? All in all it's good to see Iowa competitive. NOTE: I do enjoy the meltdowns on HR :)

To be fair if we had a redshirt Freshman top recruit “quit” like Warner did, there’d be some meltdowns here as well.

Cass is no biggie..he in redshirt and gives 100%, he can clean up bottom. Warner? That’s scary seeing your “guy” quit like that

That sounds like Bo Schembechler every year losing a non-conference game (to ND or the like) and in the post-game presser declaring that the season doesn't start until the first B10 game ... and then just to reinforce how little the national title meant, crapping the bed in the Rose Bowl.

Lol .... so true!

The semi I most want to see is 157 Young (Iowa) vs. Hartman (Bucknell). Young looks good so far and Hartman, a Freshman, has beaten a couple of seasoned guys to get to the semis. He gave Nolf a good match through two plus periods a month ago. Should be a close match.

Reactions: CholleyVandine
While a few hawks had rough goes in midlands yesterday, Kennedy/Glazier/Assad/Schriever/Ybarra will be a tough future group.

I'm all for gloating and boasting at other's misfortunes, but the Iowa model ain't broke... They're coming.

While a few hawks had rough goes in midlands yesterday, Kennedy/Glazier/Assad/Schriever/Ybarra will be a tough future group.

I'm all for gloating and boasting at other's misfortunes, but the Iowa model ain't broke... They're coming.
That’s partially some paper stuff at this point. It’s going to take more than one guy beating a Miklus type when nothing is on the line to think the uppers’ development has turned around in IC. I’m not trying to be a “Richard” by any stretch, just looking at the last decade of data.

Reactions: danoftw
Interesting consi match coming up with Cass vs Gunning after the Gunning father melt down in the Stoll match. You would think TnT would be excited about that match.
I missed the audio but it sounds as if Gunning told Stoll he should have shot himself in the face instead of the knee.. Then tried to fight other fans in the stands before getting kicked out.

Big Cass is very good and only going to get better imo. It is pretty common for a true freshman to have some problems in the bottom position. The kid has a motor and isn't afraid to take chances. He reminds me of a PSU guy or two.

Warner hurt himself jumping over a car hood or something of that nature
when he returned from under 23. That doesn't explain his "deal" mentally, but that is the undisclosed injury that has nagged him.

So he's not Warnerov from Russia, he's Luke Bo Warner from Hazard County.
He'll be OK.

Reactions: Dogwelder
I think that the logic of taking down for a learning experience is quite possibly a myth. Did he really learn anything about getting out after getting ridden for the entire period? Take neutral if it gives you the best chance for the win. You can learn and improve while winning as well.

PS - He is truly our next GOAT! Can't wait to see him in a PSU singlet!

YES.....you do learn a lot from taking down and not getting out. You have 2 minutes of film to study over and over. You can repeat every position in the practice room as often as necessary while being coached the proper response at each key moment....until the proper reaction becomes automatic.

And of course......deadlift until the next Blue Moon.

Warner just "Jumped the Shark"...I mean car. What "Maroon"!! Or just a kid having fun.

Not sure what you see in that group except that a couple of them are Minny guys. Not one of them as good as Lee or Marinelli and they don't have enough with those two. Or even Cassioppi

Wake me when they get 5 guys as good as Cassioppi. And please dont tell me that Kennedy is one of them.

Not sure what you see in that group except that a couple of them are Minny guys. Not one of them as good as Lee or Marinelli and they don't have enough with those two. Or even Cassioppi

Wake me when they get 5 guys as good as Cassioppi. And please dont tell me that Kennedy is one of them.

Ohio State and the Pokes have more coming IMO

FWIW, Todd Conner sure seems to like the Iowa verbals (Kennedy/Glazier/Assad/Schriever/Ybarra). :eek:

Reactions: bdv and dicemen99
Wow. Ban the JO Basketball is over on the Rutgers forum saying PSU fans celebrating NATO injury because of the quoted post and the fact someone liked it.

What a f-ing imbecile

Better he's doing that over there than doing it here.

Wow. Ban the JO Basketball is over on the Rutgers forum saying PSU fans celebrating NATO injury because of the quoted post and the fact someone liked it.

What a f-ing imbecile
Rutgers board poached BWI, and I'm about to poop a cruiseliner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT