ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands/Soldier Salute

Rumor has it ironbird had purchased a few…..
we-just-dont-know-yet-howards-wenke.gif

How is Paniro Johnson wrestling in the Soldier Salute? Isn’t he suspended for a year? Is it because he’s wrestling unattached? If it’s because unattached, that seems like it’s skirting the suspension, but…oh well, I hope he beats Franek.

Definitely not true. There are 3 guys ranked in the top 15 not from Iowa at 141 alone. Koderhandt is 13, Carlson is 8, and McNeil is 5. At 125 Volk is 7. Paniro is redshirting but he’s a top 10 guy. Cerniglia and Swenson miss your top 15 but are both number 18. Lennox Wolak is number 13. Isiah Salazar is number 10 and Gavin Kane is 18 and Max McEnelly is likely top 10 but in redshirt. Probably missing some as well. I’m not saying it’s the toughest tournament out there but it’s a lot better than the past few years and it’s definitely tougher than midlands this year

I merely stated guys ranked in the top 15; how does mentioning redshirts and a few 16-20 guys prove me wrong?

BTW, I was looking at Intermat rankings; Koderhandt is #18, Wolak is #25. I admit that I missed Carson ... that makes 4.

As you say, the Midlands also has a weak field. My issue is, why have 2 tourneys run concurrently? As a fan, I miss the Midlands of old.

Reactions: MAGAman
And just like that Gabe Arnold turned into the bad guy. Message boards are great!
I think calling out a 2x (soon to be 3x) champ while you're still losing matches in HS is a good sign you're going to be a bad guy.

He seems like a likeable kid to me. Very entertaining so far in his young college career.

I’ve participated in and have followed wrestling for about 40 years now. First time I’ve seen a wrestler literally spank another. Has anyone else seen that before?

I’ve participated in and have followed wrestling for about 40 years now. First time I’ve seen a wrestler literally spank another. Has anyone else seen that before?
Yes, Bo Nickal spanked Zahid at either Olympic Team Trials a couple of years ago. But, since Zahid seemed to similarly bully AB a couple of years prior, it was funny to see Bo do that to a gassed Zahid as the seconds ticked down. Big difference between Bo and Arnold, and even bigger difference between Zahid and a Nebby backup, and a huge difference between Soldiers Salute and finals of OTT mini-tourney.

I saw Brayton Lee do it to an overmatched opponent in high school.

Reactions: mcpat
How is Paniro Johnson wrestling in the Soldier Salute? Isn’t he suspended for a year? Is it because he’s wrestling unattached? If it’s because unattached, that seems like it’s skirting the suspension, but…oh well, I hope he beats Franek.
He lost to Swensen from SDSU in the semis. He won’t see Franek.

Reactions: WildTurk
Seems to me Brands might want to bring in somebody from the college of nursing to talk to his "athletes" about their behavior on and off the mat.

Sexual Assault: Sexual contact and touching in a nonconsensual manner that is offensive to that person. Sexual contact is any touching of the sexual or intimate parts of the body.

Sexual Harassment: Any unwanted sexual advances, requests for favors and other verbal or physical contact of a sexual nature that makes an individual uncomfortable or intimidated. This can include sexual assault and rape.

you guys are out of your minds lol i’ve never seen a fanbase of such a dominant team act like little brother so often.

Reactions: jmadden1998
ok so let me get this straight, PSU should dominate this yr and Iowa guys want PSU fans to be nice and overly congratulatory to their wrestlers for wrestling in basically, an inter squad tournament, that they are showing up kids that shouldn’t be even close to them, (according to most you Iowa fans). FO go back to HR and kiss a** to those on that board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT