ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands/Soldier Salute

The Soldier Salute has not been kind to Iowa the last two years. Last year it was the Spencer/Ayala match drama and then today's theatrics. The in-room atmosphere at Iowa obviously has some issues if teammates behave this way toward each other, especially in public. I do recognize how heated competition can get between teammates, but Iowa seems to have more issues in this regard.

Well they have Ironside claiming glazier started it lmfao. What a nitwit even for Ironside
Well, apparently Ironside also claimed that Rathjen had the first push on Anthony Ferrari at the end of the 149 bout. He (Ironside) either had a very poor seat or he's an apologist for the Ferrari clan (probably born out of desperation).

camera kangaroo GIF

Apparently he’s super popular in the outback…..

I was just coming to the board to find the right place to post that pic only to find that I'm very late to the game.

I almost feel bad for Tom that he has to spend this entire season pretending that this jackass isn't a jackass because he's got no alternative. But the meaner side of me just thinks it's funny.
He can man the **** up and kick the punk off the team...that's what every other coach in the nation would do

He can man the **** up and kick the punk off the team...that's what every other coach in the nation would do
Tom doesn’t play around. He’s shown before that he’s not afraid to suspend guys. Shoot or get shot by a teammate and the Purdue meet is over for you buddy. There wasn’t any gunplay though, so maybe Tom didn’t let them participate in the medal ceremony

Last edited:
Just saw where Iowa shill Todd Conner posted on GIA that Iowa won the Soldier Salute with 8 individual champions (including Glazier at 197). Was SO tempted to ask whether there was any other noteworthy Iowa wrestling news from the Solider Salute, but resisted the strong temptation.

Just saw where Iowa shill Todd Conner posted on GIA that Iowa won the Soldier Salute with 8 individual champions (including Glazier at 197). Was SO tempted to ask whether there was any other noteworthy Iowa wrestling news from the Solider Salute, but resisted the strong temptation.
Todd is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Quality human.

You could have posted something like ' It's a great day to be a Ferrari and a Hawkeye!'

There was a video of the end of the tournament on X/Twitter and Queen’s “We are the Champions” was blaring at the arena. lol

The Iowa AD is flooding their mailboxes with mailers from online sports books.

Glazier is about as stand-up as they come. His family has been very kind to me, and they have nothing to gain from doing so. That crew loves wrestling.

Glazier rules. I hope he gets to finish his season. He's doing his best wrestling right now and does things right.

He's still on the team. Told you so.
Sad. Young men do stupid stuff out of emotion, but the track record is clear. Brands is tarnishing his legacy if he holds onto this punk. As others have said he has a future in WWE. Get on with it.

Sad. Young men do stupid stuff out of emotion, but the track record is clear. Brands is tarnishing his legacy if he holds onto this punk. As others have said he has a future in WWE. Get on with it.
I don't think Brands realizes he could really lose his own fan base here. The Twitter pages and message boards are basically 90 percent against both of these punks wearing black and gold singlets

I think if TnT had their way, they’d keep the Ferraris but the AD is going to have a say in this.
Well they share similar temperments. Out of sheer voyeuristic tendencies I am kind of hoping TnT decide to keep him. Some lessons have to be learned the hard way over and over and over again until it sinks in, and the entertainment value between now and then, priceless!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT