ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan OSU

That's going a little too far. Paris is a stud who he had beaten twice recently, and decisively. I'll grant you he is no Kirkvliet.
No it isn't. Singletary was the #1 HS 220, specialized in the ankle pick in HS, spent a year training with Snyder and Dlagnev ... and lost to Hillger and Orndorff by a combined 14-3.

I like both of them, but he couldn't score an offensive point against either? He'll need a good draw to go 2-2 at nationals. You can get away with that on a great team but not a great program.

Reactions: diggerpup
Just seems like a weird hill to stand on, and really weren’t that egregious
Weird hill? They were bad calls. Martin pushes him out on the first one and Mich was working to get out on the other. Isn’t like I posted it after the match was over. I’m guessing you’re into the sauce.

Weird hill? They were bad calls. Martin pushes him out on the first one and Mich was working to get out on the other. Isn’t like I posted it after the match was over. I’m guessing you’re into the sauce.
Dead sober, leaving for the keys tomorrow, 6am flight. Just honestly the one of the more ridiculous takes considering the situation I’ve seen. They really weren’t bad calls, and they could have hit him for stalling on bottom multiple times

Dead sober, leaving for the keys tomorrow, 6am flight. Just honestly the one of the more ridiculous takes considering the situation I’ve seen. They really weren’t bad calls, and they could have hit him for stalling on bottom multiple times
Honestly you missed this one then and don’t move the goalposts. This was in the first period and has nothing to do with multiple other times on the bottom.

I heard a rumor, next week tOSUs dual steak stands at 1. That said they could put a stop to ours.

Honestly you missed this one then and don’t move the goalposts. This was in the first period and has nothing to do with multiple other times on the bottom.
It has everything to do with what you are saying, you are literally bitching about a stall call in a match that the guy wins by tech anytime he wants and the only goal of the opponent is to not get pinned. Think about that for a second

It has everything to do with what you are saying, you are literally bitching about a stall call in a match that the guy wins by tech anytime he wants and the only goal of the opponent is to not get pinned. Think about that for a second
It was in the first period. I wasn’t bitching about it. Just pointing out that neither IMO were warranted. At that time the score is like 8-3 maybe. It isn’t like the Mich wrestler stalled the entire match. What is funny is how you feel the need to jump all over me nearly two hours later. Get over it.

I was extremely, pleasantly surprised with how Smith wrestled against Amine. Considering how much Amine had dominated Bo Jordan the past couple years, and how close he’s wrestled Zahid and Hall as of recent... I was hoping Smith just kept it to a decision.

Surprisingly, Amine couldn’t get to any of his offense against Smith... this literally shocked me. Smith wrestled to win, not to lose and he had opportunities to pull off a major upset. He got in deep on Amine 3 separate occasions he didn’t finish, which will come with more experience.

The great news for Buckeye fans is we may actually have a few points at 174 we never intended on having. If Smith can wrestle like he did tonight against the #3 guy in the country, he could very well end up being a round of 12 guy this season... maybe possibly even a fringe AA this season, and not next year like many expect.

He’s definitely the guy moving forward now knocking off Christenson earlier this year and now battling Amine down to the wire.

I was extremely, pleasantly surprised with how Smith wrestled against Amine. Considering how much Amine had dominated Bo Jordan the past couple years, and how close he’s wrestled Zahid and Hall as of recent... I was hoping Smith just kept it to a decision.

Surprisingly, Amine couldn’t get to any of his offense against Smith... this literally shocked me. Smith wrestled to win, not to lose and he had opportunities to pull off a major upset. He got in deep on Amine 3 separate occasions he didn’t finish, which will come with more experience.

The great news for Buckeye fans is we may actually have a few points at 174 we never intended on having. If Smith can wrestle like he did tonight against the #3 guy in the country, he could very well end up being a round of 12 guy this season... maybe possibly even a fringe AA this season, and not next year like many expect.

He’s definitely the guy moving forward now knocking off Christenson earlier this year and now battling Amine down to the wire.
Yeah, Smith looks pretty good. I’m thinking Buckeye fans are hoping the Campbell experiment is over. Talk about a frustrating wrestler.

Jeez, guys . . . enough already.

Yeah, Smith looks pretty good. I’m thinking Buckeye fans are hoping the Campbell experiment is over. Talk about a frustrating wrestler.
Im in that group you just mentioned, without question. It’s too bad Campbell couldn’t cut back down to 165 to finish the year...but that cut is next to impossible for he to do again.

Rough night for Coach Ryan & Buckeye fans.

Squad loses to its bitter rival, at home.
Snyder loses in first round of Yarygin.

Positive infinity needs to hit the tanning beds.
Do you not root for guys who didn’t go to psu who represent our country? 2x world champ and Olympic champ who wrestled with USA across his chest and you take enjoyment in his losing? Yikes

Do you not root for guys who didn’t go to psu who represent our country? 2x world champ and Olympic champ who wrestled with USA across his chest and you take enjoyment in his losing? Yikes

Not to speak for Digger but I took his post to poke fun at our biggest rival and their tan coach more than anything. This is a “Rivals” forum

Not to speak for Digger but I took his post to poke fun at our biggest rival and their tan coach more than anything. This is a “Rivals” forum
It was a question, all topics at all levels of wrestling are discussed on this board. It’s why I stop by here. As much as it pains psu fans, osu fans don’t consider them a rival. If you look at the 2 boards on “rivals” psu is rarely ever talked about on the osu board, the exact opposite on psu’s board. That’s just a fact.

I rooted for Taylor just as hard as I rooted for Snyder at worlds. If Zain beats Logan in 2019 for worlds or JO I’ll be hoping they get gold just as much as I hope DT wins back to back and Snyder gets back to being world champ instead of runner up. Just can’t believe people like seeing young men representing their country lose cuz of a “rivalry”.

It was a question, all topics at all levels of wrestling are discussed on this board. It’s why I stop by here. As much as it pains psu fans, osu fans don’t consider them a rival. If you look at the 2 boards on “rivals” psu is rarely ever talked about on the osu board, the exact opposite on psu’s board. That’s just a fact.

I rooted for Taylor just as hard as I rooted for Snyder at worlds. If Zain beats Logan in 2019 for worlds or JO I’ll be hoping they get gold just as much as I hope DT wins back to back and Snyder gets back to being world champ instead of runner up. Just can’t believe people like seeing young men representing their country lose cuz of a “rivalry”.
Really? The 11w sites match preview yesterday said, explicitly and precisely, the opposite.

Reactions: ccdiver

I think you’re missing the point. I don’t know anyone that roots against Gilman,Snyder, etc once they put that USA logo on their back.

Diggers post was poking fun at Tom Ryan and Ohio State. Digger didn’t go in before Yargin and say he hoped Snyder lost.

As far as “rivals.” I don’t care who post what and where. Over the last 5 yrs, tOSU has been our best competition which makes them our #1 rival. If Oregon State pushed us to the brink for the last 5 yrs, they’d be our #1 Rival whether they have a message board or not

I think you’re missing the point. I don’t know anyone that roots against Gilman,Snyder, etc once they put that USA logo on their back.

Diggers post was poking fun at Tom Ryan and Ohio State. Digger didn’t go in before Yargin and say he hoped Snyder lost.

As far as “rivals.” I don’t care who post what and where. Over the last 5 yrs, tOSU has been our best competition which makes them our #1 rival. If Oregon State pushed us to the brink for the last 5 yrs, they’d be our #1 Rival whether they have a message board or not

Right. And if Iowa pushed us the last 5 years they would be our rivals. But they haven’t. Next year though, or the next one, or the next one.......

Oh something posted for clicks? Michigan is and for eternity will be our only rival.
That's OK. Just as long as you remember a couple things. One, before Penn State came along the Big Ten football wise was the conference that for 25 years was the Pac8's Rose Bowl bytch. Second, since the rest of the conference can't match the number of national championships Penn State has accumulated on behalf of the Big10 a rival obviously doesn't exist, but a thank-you would certainly be appreciated.

Reactions: Hotshoe

1. First point I made was:
Rough night for BUCKEYE FANS & TAN TOM.

2. Not “cheering against” ... Rather, making an observation.

To be honest, once Kyle ran his mouth on Twitter vs PSU & Sadulaev it’s funny how karma has intervened a little bit in his recent affairs.

3. Reading comprehension. Try it.
Don’t put words in my mouth on “rooting against USA”

4. You’re buttsore.
Buy some cream for that.

....5. And you’re doing a great job proving why most Buckeye fans are annoying + intolerable.

Last edited:

You're way overinterpreting what he said.

As far as being a rival goes -- sorry, not being a rival of Ohio State in wrestling flunks the sniff test. Badly. Do we really need message boards to measure that?

If Ohio State doesn't consider PSU a rival, then the prize fight atmosphere build-up of taking a special bus to State College and wearing robes at Rec Hall was a sham.

Of course, if Ohio State fans would rather beat the 3rd or 4th best B10 team ... well, I guess it's good to have goals.

You're way overinterpreting what he said.

As far as being a rival goes -- sorry, not being a rival of Ohio State in wrestling flunks the sniff test. Badly. Do we really need message boards to measure that?

If Ohio State doesn't consider PSU a rival, then the prize fight atmosphere build-up of taking a special bus to State College and wearing robes at Rec Hall was a sham.

Of course, if Ohio State fans would rather beat the 3rd or 4th best B10 team ... well, I guess it's good to have goals.
Beat me to it.

Reactions: diggerpup

Most of us want Ethan Smith to be the guy at 174. The thought, pre-season, is that we knew what we had with Campbell, who is a fringe R12 guy, where as we were all hoping Ethan gave us an upgrade and a AA threat. When TeShan won the wrestle off (won the first two matches, both very close), most of us were a bit disappointed that Smith didnt (as of yet) provide that upgrade. We all support Campbell 100%, but just know his limits.
They then met in the finals at one of the opens, and Smith beat him pretty soundly. (Was basically even till late 2nd when Smith opened it up with a scrambly situation with backs and Campbell couldnt mount a comeback). IIRC, coach Ryan said (at that point) Campbell was still the #1, but its still an ongoing battle.
Ethan seems to have improved over the year and beat the ranked Wisky guy and we all saw what he almost did last night. He wrestles very hard and very aggressive. After last night, I cant see how Coach Ryan could leave him out of the lineup. But, I'm not the one seeing them head to head in the room each day.

As per the dual... It went chalk. 99.9% of tOSU fans knew we needed one upset to win the dual. So, it really wasnt anything unexpected or heartbreaking. Took me about 2 seconds to get over the loss... about the same time it took me to get over not winning nationals after Bo pinned Myles. Both last night and nationals went exactly as expected. Which makes going from 'denial' to 'acceptance' very easy.

I heard Singletary weighed in at 227 last night. Most of us have been a bit disappointed that he has not bulked up since arriving on campus. He may never be strong enough to go with the larger heavies. He is a guy that really needs a 220 pound weight class. If there is any way he can cut down to 197 after Kirkvliet arrives on campus, he could be pretty effective there. And, it looks like Gavin Hoffman may stay at 184 long term, so Chase "could" be a 197 for his rs-junior and rs-senior years.

In the big picture, we also realize our squad has some holes this year.
Our 125 is way undersized.
Our 157 is really a 141 wrestling up 2 weights, which neutralizes the best part of his game, his claw rides and tilts, that he cant do to guys 2 weight classes above his size.
Our 165 is performing well below the expectations coming out of HS
Our 285 is undersized.

Next year, some of these holes may take care of themselves
125 Malik 'should' be 5-10 pounds bigger.
141 May be KeShawn down at his natural weight
157 Mattox, who will be a full size 157
165 Kharchla
285 Kirkvliet

We wont lose much at 149, as Sasso plugs in well for Micah. Both top-4 potential.
184 Hoffman will be a drop off from Myles, but will be AA threat.

Just my initial take:

125: Mattin vs Heinselman (3-0 UM)
133: Micic vs Pletcher (6-0)
141: Storr vs McKenna (6-3)
149: Ma. Amine vs M. Jordan (6-6)
157: Pantaleo vs Hayes (9-6)
165: L. Massa vs Romero (12-6)
174: My. Amine vs Campbell (15-6)
184: Cordell vs Martin (15-11)
197: Striggow vs Moore (15-15)
285: Parris vs Singletary (15-18)

I see 3-4 matches as toss ups, should be a fun match overall but I think it'll take UM winning 6 matches to overcome tOSU bonus.

Nice job. You pretty much nailed it except for HWT.

Most of us want Ethan Smith to be the guy at 174. The thought, pre-season, is that we knew what we had with Campbell, who is a fringe R12 guy, where as we were all hoping Ethan gave us an upgrade and a AA threat. When TeShan won the wrestle off (won the first two matches, both very close), most of us were a bit disappointed that Smith didnt (as of yet) provide that upgrade. We all support Campbell 100%, but just know his limits.
They then met in the finals at one of the opens, and Smith beat him pretty soundly. (Was basically even till late 2nd when Smith opened it up with a scrambly situation with backs and Campbell couldnt mount a comeback). IIRC, coach Ryan said (at that point) Campbell was still the #1, but its still an ongoing battle.
Ethan seems to have improved over the year and beat the ranked Wisky guy and we all saw what he almost did last night. He wrestles very hard and very aggressive. After last night, I cant see how Coach Ryan could leave him out of the lineup. But, I'm not the one seeing them head to head in the room each day.

As per the dual... It went chalk. 99.9% of tOSU fans knew we needed one upset to win the dual. So, it really wasnt anything unexpected or heartbreaking. Took me about 2 seconds to get over the loss... about the same time it took me to get over not winning nationals after Bo pinned Myles. Both last night and nationals went exactly as expected. Which makes going from 'denial' to 'acceptance' very easy.

I heard Singletary weighed in at 227 last night. Most of us have been a bit disappointed that he has not bulked up since arriving on campus. He may never be strong enough to go with the larger heavies. He is a guy that really needs a 220 pound weight class. If there is any way he can cut down to 197 after Kirkvliet arrives on campus, he could be pretty effective there. And, it looks like Gavin Hoffman may stay at 184 long term, so Chase "could" be a 197 for his rs-junior and rs-senior years.

In the big picture, we also realize our squad has some holes this year.
Our 125 is way undersized.
Our 157 is really a 141 wrestling up 2 weights, which neutralizes the best part of his game, his claw rides and tilts, that he cant do to guys 2 weight classes above his size.
Our 165 is performing well below the expectations coming out of HS
Our 285 is undersized.

Next year, some of these holes may take care of themselves
125 Malik 'should' be 5-10 pounds bigger.
141 May be KeShawn down at his natural weight
157 Mattox, who will be a full size 157
165 Kharchla
285 Kirkvliet

We wont lose much at 149, as Sasso plugs in well for Micah. Both top-4 potential.
184 Hoffman will be a drop off from Myles, but will be AA threat.
I cant see KeShawn at 41 again...

Reactions: bigs22 and nitlion6

In wrestling, absolutely. tOSU and PSU are total rivals. Tho its a bit one sided right now. But, its probably going to be the best wrestling rivalry going forward. Both schools finally put time and money into their programs, and with the recruiting bases both states provide... there is no reason to think anything but PSU and tOSU being the top two programs from here on out.

But, I think you guys have hate and vitriol towards anything tOSU... and we just dont have the same feelings. We hate hate hate hate hate hate scUM, with a passion. Its in our blood. Our states had a quasi-war in the past with Toledo being the "prize". Hatfields and McCoys.
Our feelings (and I know I cant speak for all tOSU fans) towards Penn State in football is a rival, but not a hated rival. (and I think this extrapolates to all other sports). The Penn St - Ohio St football game has been fire, each year, lately and is usually my favorite experience of the football season. The teams are so evenly matched, that each game's outcome is in question till the very end. But, during the games, my blood is not boiling with hate. Just respect for a great opponent.
When I watch a tOSU-scUM game....hate and vitriol.

Just my thoughts. Could be wrong

As far as being a rival goes -- sorry, not being a rival of Ohio State in wrestling flunks the sniff test. Badly.

Sniff test? Been hanging out with your dogs a little too much Jefe? When it comes to robes and wrestling...I’ll stick with the eye test.

Cause you know, that test is used repeatedly to unmeasurable success! NVMD.

Sniff test it is! SCIENCE!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT