ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan OSU

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
in a battle of two other good teams not scheduled to wrestle Iowa, this could be a really interesting match on Friday.

Reactions: diggerpup
It looks to me like Michigan should win 6 weights.

Very well could. Bonus points or the avoidance thereof could be outcome determinative. 157 looks to be a big match, and it could ultimately come down to whatever the last match of the day is.

in a battle of two other good teams not scheduled to wrestle Iowa, this could be a really interesting match on Friday.
Just checked and the match is scheduled for BTN at 7 pm on Friday the 25th. I'll record that and watch the Purdue match on BTN+ for a good Friday night of wrestling.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
It looks to me like Michigan should win 6 weights.
Agreed though I don't see much if any bonus for them. Amine if Campbell actually wrestles. Massa if he's on. Maybe Parris sticks Singletary but doubt he majors or techs.

Ohio State will get bonus at 184, should at 149, and reasonably could at 141 and 197. Jordan pinned Amine 2 years ago -- that would be huge for Tan Tom.

I have not been following Michigan's lineup since the break. Is Pants at 49 or 57?

Agreed though I don't see much if any bonus for them. Amine if Campbell actually wrestles. Massa if he's on. Maybe Parris sticks Singletary but doubt he majors or techs.

Ohio State will get bonus at 184, should at 149, and reasonably could at 141 and 197. Jordan pinned Amine 2 years ago -- that would be huge for Tan Tom.

Parris is 0-1 collegiately against Singletary by way of a 15-9 dec.

Reactions: fronk71
I have not been following Michigan's lineup since the break. Is Pants at 49 or 57?

He'll have to contend with 7 minutes of a palm on his forehead, and his opponent backing away then taking one good shot to try to steal the match.

Last edited:
As a visual, here's the current starters, Michigan guys first;

125: Mattin vs Heinselman
133: Micic vs Pletcher
141: Storr vs McKenna
149: Ma. Amine vs M. Jordan
157: Pantaleo vs Hayes
165: L. Massa vs Romero
174: My. Amine vs Campbell
184: Cordell vs Martin
197: Striggow vs Moore
285: Parris vs Singletary

Just checked and the match is scheduled for BTN at 7 pm on Friday the 25th. I'll record that and watch the Purdue match on BTN+ for a good Friday night of wrestling.

I think they have a wrestling doubleheader on BTN Friday - tOSU/Michigan followed by Iowa/Illinois. I think that's great. I grew up with Big 5 basketball doubleheaders at the Palestra broadcast by Channel 17 and it makes for a nice winter night in front of the fireplace and tv.

I think they have a wrestling doubleheader on BTN Friday - tOSU/Michigan followed by Iowa/Illinois. I think that's great. I grew up with Big 5 basketball doubleheaders at the Palestra broadcast by Channel 17 and it makes for a nice winter night in front of the fireplace and tv.
Just an fyi...no basketball prior to the first dual, instead we have "Campus Eats: International - Part 2", which I'm pretty sure :) will end on time.

Just my initial take:

125: Mattin vs Heinselman (3-0 UM)
133: Micic vs Pletcher (6-0)
141: Storr vs McKenna (6-3)
149: Ma. Amine vs M. Jordan (6-6)
157: Pantaleo vs Hayes (9-6)
165: L. Massa vs Romero (12-6)
174: My. Amine vs Campbell (15-6)
184: Cordell vs Martin (15-11)
197: Striggow vs Moore (15-15)
285: Parris vs Singletary (15-18)

I see 3-4 matches as toss ups, should be a fun match overall but I think it'll take UM winning 6 matches to overcome tOSU bonus.

As a visual, here's the current starters, Michigan guys first;

125: Mattin vs Heinselman
133: Micic vs Pletcher
141: Storr vs McKenna
149: Ma. Amine vs M. Jordan
157: Pantaleo vs Hayes
165: L. Massa vs Romero
174: My. Amine vs Campbell
184: Cordell vs Martin
197: Striggow vs Moore
285: Parris vs Singletary

FYI, Mattin didn't wrestle in either of their duals this past weekend. Without him UM's chances of winning go way down.

Just my initial take:

I see 3-4 matches as toss ups, should be a fun match overall but I think it'll take UM winning 6 matches to overcome tOSU bonus.
Just an FYI you have it as 5-5 there, did you mean to have Parris winning?

Massa can be off and still bonus Romero, he’s just not very good.

Just my initial take:

I'm thinking you are incorrect on 0 Michigan bonus points and have to question the 285 projection.

Reactions: Hartzie and Antaeus
Massa can be off and still bonus Romero, he’s just not very good.
Talent wise I'd agree -- but excepting a 21-8 win, Romero has yet to give up 8 points, let alone be majored. I expect him to slow the pace to prevent scoring.

The problem with Romero is he has ZERO offense up to this point. His defense is actually above average. He’s another kid who never gave up a takedown his senior year in high school. (I know that has nothing relative to do with now but just thought I’d add that anyway). He’s not someone that’s gonna be taken down repeatedly. He has however chosen neutral in a 2-2 bout headed into a 3rd period (Bullard N.C.St) so his bottom game is atrocious as well.

The dual will probably come down to 125 and 285.
In the November matchup between Singletary and Parris, at the Ohio Intercollegiate Open, Singletary really took it to Parris. I could see him beating Parris again, especially at home.

Also of note, unlike football, tOSU typically wrestles like crap vs scUM. We won last year, but limped to the finish with BoJo Snyder losing.

In the November matchup between Singletary and Parris, at the Ohio Intercollegiate Open, Singletary really took it to Parris. I could see him beating Parris again, especially at home.

Also of note, unlike football, tOSU typically wrestles like crap vs scUM. We won last year, but limped to the finish with BoJo Snyder losing.
Despite our troubles with the Bucks in football, it always pleases me when the Buckeyes drill Michigan year after year in football - to the shock of Mushmouf and other delusional Michigan fans who still think it’s 1907.

I could be delusional but I expect that it will be Parris walking away with the W this time.

I could be delusional but I expect that it will be Parris walking away with the W this time.
I don't think that's delusional at all, but they have wrestled once this year and Singletary won in fairly dominant fashion, does not mean that will happen again though.

That's a weird result in a way, because common opponents comparison gives a slight edge to Parris. So either it's an anomaly or a matchup thing (or just a bad day for Parris/good day for Singletary, which I guess qualifies as an anomaly).

Of course, Parris seems to be something of an expert in weird results. First time he wrestled Matt Stencel, Stencel pinned him in 30 seconds and in the second Parris won by fall in 14 seconds. So the only conclusion I can truly come to is that if Parris and Stencel wrestle, make sure you are in your seat when it starts.

Last edited:
Results can vary, bout to bout, between the same wrestlers. Variables galore as to why. It's one reason I love this sport.

I don't think that's delusional at all, but they have wrestled once this year and Singletary won in fairly dominant fashion, does not mean that will happen again though.
My expectation of a Parris victory, even after his earlier loss, is quite similar to the way I feel about RBY being the victor the next time he meets Gomez.

Potentially the 4th best B10 team is going to be co champs... embarrassing!

125: Mattin takes a 12-6 decision over Heinselman. Scored four takedowns, including a late double leg to ice it, and rode for 1:26.
Michigan 3, Ohio State 0

133: Big 6-0 lead early after the first period for Micic, who scored off a snap down and go behind and added 4NF off a leg turk. He's got 1:57 RT and will start down in the second.
133: DOMINANT! Micic rolled to a 14-1 MD over #6 Pletcher. Added another high crotch and 2NF late in the third. Finished w 3 takedowns, 6 back pts and 3:56 RT.
Michigan 7, Ohio State 0

141: Storr trails, 13-2, after the first. Gave up two takedowns and 8 back points on a pair of tilts. McKenna starts down in the second.
141: Storr falls to McKenna, 18-3. Buckeyes are on the board.
Michigan 7, Ohio State 5

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogwelder
149: Amine falls to #3 Jordan, 17-4. Buckeyes take their first lead.
Ohio State 9, Michigan 7

(I don't know TV for this - I'm just copy/pasting Michigan's twitter page ... I won't go on tOSU website - might get a computer virus)

Reactions: mcruny42
157: Scoreless after the first period. Pantaleo pushing the action. He'll start down in the second.
157: Pantaleo takes a 3-1 lead into the third period. Shot double midway through, finished w a trip off a single in the air. OSU starts down.
157: Pantaleo beats #6 Hayes, 3-2. Makes the second-period takedown hold up. Was close on RT :52). Alec's third win over a ranked opponent in three weeks. Gaining momentum. Wolverines retake the lead before intermission.
Michigan 10, Ohio State 9

Last edited:
165: Massa leads, 2-1, after the first. Scored on a high crotch. Outshot Romero about 7-1 in the first. Michigan starts down in the second.
Massa leads, 4-1, after the second. OSU starts down in the third.

Massa beats Romero, 7-2, to extend the Wolverine lead.
Added a third-period ankle pick, rode for 2:10.
Michigan 13, Ohio State 9

gonna come down to hwt. But Martin should get bonus maybe big bonus here

174: Amine ices it with a low single, beats Smith, 3-2. Builds Wolverine leads.
Michigan 16, Ohio State 9

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT