ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan OSU

184: Correll trails Martin, 13-4, after the first period. He'll start down in the second.
184: Correll trails, 18-7, after the second period. Martin starts down in the third.
184: Correll falls to #1 Martin, 24-9.

Michigan 16, Ohio State 14

Last edited:
197: Striggow trails, 4-1, after the first period. Two takedowns for Moore. OSU will start down in the second.
197: Striggow trails, 10-4, after the second. He scored a takedown to cut the deficit, but Moore followed w an escape, takedown late. U-M starts down in the third.

197: Joe Bag O'Donuts spends much of the third on Moore's leg. He holds it to a 12-5 decision for the Buckeye.

Ohio State 17, Michigan 16

Reactions: danoftw
Even with Moore scoring a major, Michigan heavy only needs a regular decision for a team win.

Reactions: diggerpup
Moore doing some tired and lazy roll around defense with Striggow on his legs. If Bo doesn't deck him fast, Moore might wish he did.

Reactions: diggerpup
Hwt: Parris shoots in deep on a low single, scramble on the edge produces no points. Looked awfully close. Michigan coaches have challenged.

Hwt: No takedown. We're still 0-0. 1:31 to go in the first.

Hwt: Still scoreless after the first. Parris in on three deep leg attacks, including one at the buzzer. OSU starts down.

Last edited:
Hwt: Singletary escapes, but Parris finishes on a single leg. He leads 2-1 midway through the second.

Hwt: Singletary escapes. Tied 2-2. Shots are 6-0 for Parris.

Hwt: Knotted up, 2-2. Parris has choice, will start down. RT is :42 for Michigan.

Hwt: Parris escapes immediately. He leads, 3-2.

Hwt: Parris counters a low single shot, puts Singletary in danger for takedown. He leads 5-3 after a Singletary escape. Has 1:13 RT.

Parris uses two takedowns, 1:13 RT to beat Singletary, 6-3, and clinch the Wolverine win in the final bout!

Michigan 19, Ohio State 17

Love the future at 285, lots of young active guys.
UM will be a nice tough match up for the team next week.

That's a weird result in a way, because common opponents comparison gives a slight edge to Parris. So either it's an anomaly or a matchup thing (or just a bad day for Parris/good day for Singletary, which I guess qualifies as an anomaly).

Of course, Parris seems to be something of an expert in weird results. First time he wrestled Matt Stencel, Stencel pinned him in 30 seconds and in the second Parris won by fall in 14 seconds. So the only conclusion I can truly come to is that if Parris and Stencel wrestle, make sure you are in your seat when it starts.

The results with Stencel were reversed. Parris won with a super quick fall in the first match and Stencel returned the favor the next time. I saw the first match and both locked up upper body like a Greco match and Mason won the battle and took him down straight to his back. I am guessing the same happened the 2nd time and Parris got the short end. My guess is if they meet again, Mason stays away from the upper body and wrestles his normal match.

Nice win for Mason tonight. IMO he's the better wrestler and their first result will fade over time, kind of like Tyler Berger's 2013 win at Flonationals over Nolf.

Reactions: diggerpup and SRATH
184: Correll trails Martin, 13-4, after the first period. He'll start down in the second.
184: Correll trails, 18-7, after the second period. Martin starts down in the third.
184: Correll falls to #1 Martin, 24-9.

Michigan 16, Ohio State 14

Strangely enough I was impressed with Correll. He almost had Martin taken down and/or reversed a few times, but just couldn't quite finish.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT