ADVERTISEMENT

Merry Christmas team. Post up your fav gift.

Lion Son/Husband/Father

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2013
“we’re lake people”
Moms and I usually get one one cool gift together. This year we got 2 boat things:
sweet mat
EMLyNTV.jpg

canopy
b6aOwuv.jpg

post up your sweet presents

Reactions: NedFromYork
The usual assortment of Penn State apparel...I’m pretty easy to shop for. My employees got me a gift certificate for the best steak place in town, so I’ll be taking my son soon.

Flag! Now tell us what you really got.

Well, over the last year I have built a 26' x 28' detached garage/workshop with a 12.5' ceiling, and am still spending money on the finishing - stereo system, lighting, misc. tools ..... So other than some of that stuff that has been delivered lately my wife game me a pair of Vortex binoculars that I had gotten for my one son and I after Thanksgiving.

Garage is all brick to match the porch I built some years ago, that is a decent match to the roman brick of the house.

Next will be a 4 post car lift to use for repairs/projects as well as car storage. Then after my wife retires and she gets a new car, a car with snakes on it, if you know what I mean...

I tried to post a picture, but I don't seem to know how as the picture insert only works for pictures already posted on the web....

Last edited:
Well, over the last year I have built a 26' x 28' detached garage/workshop with a 12.5' ceiling, and am still spending money on the finishing - stereo system, lighting, misc. tools ..... So other than some of that stuff that has been delivered lately my wife game me a pair of Vortex binoculars that I had gotten for my one son and I after Thanksgiving.

Garage is all brick to match the porch I built some years ago, that is a decent match to the roman brick of the house.

Next will be a 4 post car lift to use for repairs/projects as well as car storage. Then after my wife retires and she gets a new car, a car with snakes on it, if you know what I mean...

I tried to post a picture, but I don't seem to know how as the picture insert only work for pictures already posted on the web....
AWESOME!
one of these? ...sigh
YtvcOR2.jpg

I tried to post a picture, but I don't seem to know how as the picture insert only work for pictures already posted on the web....
Nice!!!

Reactions: ChandlerPearce
I’d add this - Barbour Ashby jacket (noting my wife has watched way too much of The Crown...Midnighter and wife portrayed by less attractive actors shown below):

33be6a3460c5d153e22822c22cd73aa3.jpg

Word of advice for future reference: when you need to have the jacket re-waxed, send it to Barbour. Spend the money! For a whole lot of reasons, you do not want to do it yourself.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
My old Lowe Alpine backpack pretty much rotted, so I bought this with a $300 company gift card they gave us all. If I could just go back in time and have this on my Philmont trip instead of the heavy-ass external frame Jansport.

81QMyHVPqzL._AC_SY606_.jpg
I loved my Jansport external frame pack. It was the original Cascade model the first year Jansport was in business, purchased from REI when there was only the one, original REI store. I believe it cost $35 at the time. It had about 800 miles of travel on the Appalachian Trail as well as many miles of travel on other trails such as the Black Forest Trail, Mid State Trail, Susquehannock Forest Trail, Chuck Keiper Trail and a few others over the years. My wife tossed it out without consulting me when we were getting ready to make our last move. I was not happy about that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT