ADVERTISEMENT

LOL. Sean Spencer roasting Pitt.

They can't stop talking about us. Pitt is, because We Are. Without us, they are nothing. But with us, they are even less. It's ridiculous that they can't see this.

And I have to say, this thread is pure gold:

https://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.co...caused-you-to-start-hating-penn-state.112143/
I never hated Pitt and still don't - I really feel sorry for them. I have a friend who went to Pitt just because all his friends went to PSU - he thought that was a way to get back at them - I never could figure out that logic and he gets all pissed at me because I won't engage him in any rivalry talk because I flat out told him I don't care about Pitt - just another name on the schedule for 3 more years. They crave the validation of PSU recognizing them as a rival. It is kind of pathetic in a way. We are looking for National Championships and they are looking to just win one game. Talk about setting a low bar and they won their one game and where did it get them - they just spin in another circle going nowhere as usual. The life of a Pitter.

And the trolls keep coming and following the same rules...put PSU in your handle and make sure you give a back handed slam on PSU in your first post. We have championship bragging rights, which I thought was the goal of a season...maybe I'm wrong.

One would think a championship earns those rights. But we are not dealing with sane, level headed rational thinkers. I can't wait to see their reaction after the beating they are going to get come sept. I hope we don't let up on them for even one play

Reactions: AWS1022
I never hated Pitt and still don't - I really feel sorry for them. I have a friend who went to Pitt just because all his friends went to PSU - he thought that was a way to get back at them - I never could figure out that logic and he gets all pissed at me because I won't engage him in any rivalry talk because I flat out told him I don't care about Pitt - just another name on the schedule for 3 more years. They crave the validation of PSU recognizing them as a rival. It is kind of pathetic in a way. We are looking for National Championships and they are looking to just win one game. Talk about setting a low bar and they won their one game and where did it get them - they just spin in another circle going nowhere as usual. The life of a Pitter.

They have a similar philosophy to Michigan. Not long after we joined the big 10. I was speaking with a Michigan student I met. He told me their goal in football was to win the Rose Bowl. I told him our goal is to win the MNC (this was before BCS etc(. I guess we have loftier goals than other programs.

One would think a championship earns those rights. But we are not dealing with sane, level headed rational thinkers. I can't wait to see their reaction after the beating they are going to get come sept. I hope we don't let up on them for even one play
The big question is do we hit 60?

Let's not have a repeat of the Herb Hand tweeting episodes. Let's just beat Pitt on the field and let that be our talking point.

Pitt coaches are so dumb they printed out a recruiting flyer to send to all HS in the country with the NCAA initial eligibility standards and it has mistakes all over it. Our HS FB coach has it posted on his message board outside his office with the wrong correlating SAT and ACT scores for your core GPA. Says a core GPA of 2.7 only needs an SAT of 400 or ACT of 37 to qualify. SAT score should be 760 with ACT sum of 71. Every score after that is wrong too.

You'd think a powerhouse program like that would be able to at least get a freakin recruiting poster correct. I'll see if I can get a pic and post it after work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Judge Smails
PITT

The average SAT score composite at University of Pittsburgh is a 1893 on the old 2400 SAT scale.

On the new 1600 SAT, this corresponds to an average SAT score of 1340.

PSU

The average SAT score composite at Penn State is a 1786 on the old 2400 SAT scale.

On the new 1600 SAT, this corresponds to an average SAT score of 1270.

Reactions: daminals76
PITT

The average SAT score composite at University of Pittsburgh is a 1893 on the old 2400 SAT scale.

PSU

The average SAT score composite at Penn State is a 1786 on the old 2400 SAT scale.

I remember when trolls were creative and solid in their posts ... here again we see how far trolling has fallen

After I saw 3-4 posters mention the "PSU coverup", I stopped reading. How can anyone on this planet still believe this?
The ironic thing is, that board is a cult. CaptainCrayon and WackoPaco are the cult leaders. Anyone who does not agree with them is beaten down and called a nitter or worse. CC isn't even a Spitt grad. WP is an epic hypocrite. He is from Altoona. Wasn't that where the scandal with the Catholic Diocese priests recently came to light? He knew. They all knew. Yet, did nothing.

PITT

PSU

Those are not average scores for the football team and the last I looked, the topic here was football and the minimum admission scores for a football recruit.

Reactions: humpydudas19
PITT

PSU

Pitt is a smaller school that focuses on buying admission statistics with scholarships. Larger schools inherently have lower statistics, because they accept more people to end up with the required enrollment. Selectivity is not just standardized test scores. I understand why you cherry pick statistics that don't show the entire picture, but you have to expect to get called out on it. Regardless, who cares about admission statistics? What really matters is that a PSU degree is more valuable. Not only is it considered a better school, but PSU more is highly rated with corporate recruiters.

PSU is better than Pitt in nearly every way possible, and it eats you up inside. So much so that you are here now. That will never change.

The ironic thing is, that board is a cult. CaptainCrayon and WackoPaco are the cult leaders. Anyone who does not agree with them is beaten down and called a nitter or worse. CC isn't even a Spitt grad. WP is an epic hypocrite. He is from Altoona. Wasn't that where the scandal with the Catholic Diocese priests recently came to light? He knew. They all knew. Yet, did nothing.

They like to project their cult behaviors on us.

A). The coaches trolling cracks me up

B). More draft picks? So what. So did about 3 dozen other schools including OSU who we beat, so....

Other than so fun, it doesn't matter.

In reality, they are one up at the moment. We can take care of everything in Sept. I'm pretty sure we willl.

PITT

PSU

You in law school or something, bro?

Reactions: psugisher
Pitt is a smaller school that focuses on buying admission statistics with scholarships. Larger schools inherently have lower statistics, because they accept more people to end up with the required enrollment. Selectivity is not just standardized test scores. I understand why you cherry pick statistics that don't show the entire picture, but you have to expect to get called out on it. Regardless, who cares about admission statistics? What really matters is that a PSU degree is more valuable. Not only is it considered a better school, but PSU more is highly rated with corporate recruiters.

PSU is better than Pitt in nearly every way possible, and it eats you up inside. So much so that you are here now. That will never change.

Yes. But don't you know Pitt has free museum admission and restaurants? Therefore, there is "stuff'" to do. In comparison to State College where everyone just plays in the mud I guess.

Penn State ranked #1 in that Wall Street Journal industry recruiter survey. Was pitt even ranked?

Penn State has the largest on-campus job fair in the country. As tempting as it is, all those companies aren't heading to University Park for the ice cream.

A). The coaches trolling cracks me up

B). More draft picks? So what. So did about 3 dozen other schools including OSU who we beat, so....

Other than so fun, it doesn't matter.

In reality, they are one up at the moment. We can take care of everything in Sept. I'm pretty sure we willl.

Our NFL guys are playing another year in Blue and White this year.. I'm ok with that

Reactions: Judge Smails
If their recruiting got worse after they beat us, can you imagine what's going to happen after they lose?

Luckily for Pitt. After the next 3 games, there will be no interest from their football side in scheduling more games with us. The financial guys will feel differently, of course.

They know why the place was full too.. everyone there was there to watch Penn State.. including the Pitt fans.

But, but, but, the pitt tradition! They brought back walt harris!

o_O

It was hilarious to hear the pitt athletic supporters cheer wildly for harris, thereby illustrating their football-first culture, when you consider that harris was a mediocre coach.

They can't stop talking about us. Pitt is, because We Are. Without us, they are nothing. But with us, they are even less. It's ridiculous that they can't see this.

And I have to say, this thread is pure gold:

https://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.co...caused-you-to-start-hating-penn-state.112143/
I read a few news articles on the nittany.net site this morning about James is trash talking Pitt, the closing of the series with Pitt, Sandy requesting both schools to be more respectful, etc. I figured these articles would upset the Pitters so I did some rubbernecking.....
These are the first four threads....I've come to the conclusion that some Pitters have an issue with PSU. :confused:

Penn state AD wishes for more respect between pitt and psu

Franklin Comment

Which is the better display of the PSU Culture?

Reactions: humpydudas19
I read a few news articles on the nittany.net site this morning about James is trash talking Pitt, the closing of the series with Pitt, Sandy requesting both schools to be more respectful, etc. I figured these articles would upset the Pitters so I did some rubbernecking.....
These are the first four threads....I've come to the conclusion that some Pitters have an issue with PSU. :confused:

Penn state AD wishes for more respect between pitt and psu

Franklin Comment

Which is the better display of the PSU Culture?

I'm shocked they've deleted two of the 3. The one left is typical.. pedo this, pedo that, enabler, ped ped ped.. hold freaking god.. I work in child protective services and see more mention of sexual abuse on the Pitt football message boards than I see at work where we actually deal with that type of abuse all the time. I have to remind myself that the pieces of shit on message boards (no offense to fellow posters) are NOT representative of the regular population. Those posting the same drivel over and over again have an abnormal obsession.

The one left is typical.. pedo this, pedo that, enabler, ped ped ped.. hold freaking god.. I work in child protective services and see more mention of sexual abuse on the Pitt football message boards than I see at work
They were saying that James is talking trash on Pitt...I responded by...
Na, James is not trash talking, this is trash talk:

Deranged Pitt Fans Are Dishing Some Serious Trash Talk In Anticipation Of The Pitt-Penn State Game This Weekend
By Brandon Wenerd
09.08.16 0
gettyimages-152028770.jpg

I’ve had this upcoming college football Saturday circled on my calendar for a very, very long time. After a 16-year hiatus, this week Penn State finally plays it’s former in-state rival Pitt. Growing up in Central PA, the annual game was one of my favorite traditions back in the day, especially in the years before Penn State joined the Big Ten.

Penn State has co-opted WVU’s infamous “Eat Shit, Pitt” slogan, while Pitt fans are making “Joe Knew” shirts. And on Reddit’s R/CFB week 2 trash talk thread, one deranged Pitt fan penned the ultimate rant for this week’s rivalry.

lmao.jpg

From the Web

Reactions: psugisher
PITT

PSU

lies, damn lies, and statistics....

Do the above numbers include branch campuses? PSU has more and Pitt thus more students that lower the averages. One might surmise that branch campus numbers factor into the average above. Spin spin spin.

They were saying that James is talking trash on Pitt...I responded by...
Na, James is not trash talking, this is trash talk:

Deranged Pitt Fans Are Dishing Some Serious Trash Talk In Anticipation Of The Pitt-Penn State Game This Weekend
By Brandon Wenerd
09.08.16 0
gettyimages-152028770.jpg

I’ve had this upcoming college football Saturday circled on my calendar for a very, very long time. After a 16-year hiatus, this week Penn State finally plays it’s former in-state rival Pitt. Growing up in Central PA, the annual game was one of my favorite traditions back in the day, especially in the years before Penn State joined the Big Ten.

Penn State has co-opted WVU’s infamous “Eat Shit, Pitt” slogan, while Pitt fans are making “Joe Knew” shirts. And on Reddit’s R/CFB week 2 trash talk thread, one deranged Pitt fan penned the ultimate rant for this week’s rivalry.

lmao.jpg

From the Web

lol they're always filled with so much rage. Classic fake tough guys!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT