ADVERTISEMENT

LOL. Sean Spencer roasting Pitt.

Official Pitt twitter account. "Get our name out your mouth!"

Not helping their pathetic recruiting efforts.

What does this guy hunt with a BB gun or sling shot? Has to be demoralizing to continually come home empty handed
14y0a4p.jpg

One would think with five NFL draft picks one should, at the very least, contend for the ACC Coastal division, but Pitt happens.

Teams are supposed to improve and become more consistent as a season progresses. A senior-laden team with five draft picks went just 8-5 and lost to the 6th-ranked b1g team in their bowl game. I'm no expert, but it would seem that coaching is an issue there.

How many of pitt's five draft picks will make an impact in the nfl? peterman? Doubtful.

They need us to provide their relevance. It is so painfully clear. If the Pitt football team is in a photograph, or on a television screen, they only get noticed because of the other team that is present, whichever team that is. If the other team isn't present, then the photo or the screen is blank. And that is why they have a single 2-star recruit.

Reactions: humpydudas19
So we don't want players drafted? They have bragging rights until we hopefully beat them this yr.

It's funny how Pitt fans can't figure out that Narduzzi inherited offensive draft picks of Chryst and could have had nice seasons had his defense not failed miserably...now those offensive players are gone...

It's tough to get drafted when the majority of your 2 deep returns. Going to be a long year for you pitter...

Hmm.... 5 NFL players and they go 8-5. Sounds like a coaching problem to me. Not sure I'd be making posters and bragging about that.

Hmm.... 5 NFL players and they go 8-5. Sounds like a coaching problem to me. Not sure I'd be making posters and bragging about that.

Also, quantity doesn't mean quality. It's possible that none of those five will pan out in the NFL. On the other hand, many Penn State players who have signed after the draft have stuck in the NFL. Penn State is usually near the top in players on NFL rosters.

I love that they use the five guys drafted and beating two of the best countries last year as some sort of ammo.

Um. They lost five games. What is the issue? If you are going to brag about the previous two it kind of seems like something else might be out of whack to have such an overall mediocre record. Plus the recruiting isn't even at mediocre level.

Reactions: brupsu
Well done do not know what happened at Clemson but Psu had so many people injured it was like a rolling mash unit.Even with all that going against them they Still exposed Pitts pathetic secondary and were within one catch of winning that game.I think Clemson played to the level of whatever team they faced.How else do you explain that game

So we don't want players drafted? They have bragging rights until we hopefully beat them this yr.

What? 'Bragging Rights'? PSU had almost no Seniors. The team Pitt fell apart against in the 2nd half (and only became keychain worthy b/c of a dropped pass) is loaded with Sophomores, including the QB. Pitt also had more players drafted than McKeesport Junior High, but I wouldn't brag about that either.

Pitt has to stop with recruiting against PSU (and WVU) and start recruiting with the benefits of Pitt. Constantly trying to target PSU in the end only demeans themselves. That might have been a legit tactic 25-30 years ago when recruiting was very regional and dominating the area was what you had to do, but in today's world, that means very little. Western Pa kids know what PSU is and trying to recruit negative against PSU doesn't get anywhere. For the kid or two it might work on, there are several kids it probably turns off.

Reactions: furfoot
They can't stop talking about us. Pitt is, because We Are. Without us, they are nothing. But with us, they are even less. It's ridiculous that they can't see this.

And I have to say, this thread is pure gold:

https://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.co...caused-you-to-start-hating-penn-state.112143/

I only read a few of their posts, and it was enough for a laugh. What a poor display of envy. And the smugness of them to even discuss the Sandusky situation, and lump an entire fan base into a coverup conspiracy is too appalling. What a bunch of morons.

It's all they've got. They can't look in the mirror, or they will be driven to despair.

You can always tell when they've hit rock-bottom, because that is when they pull out the Sandusky card.

And the trolls keep coming and following the same rules...put PSU in your handle and make sure you give a back handed slam on PSU in your first post. We have championship bragging rights, which I thought was the goal of a season...maybe I'm wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT