ADVERTISEMENT

LIVE FROM PEGULA.... BIG 10 TOURNEY Game 3 Edition

Let’s go State!

giphy.gif

1-1 after 1. Pretty even after our initial five minute burst but Wisconsin had 2 power plays which threw off our balance the rest of the period. Period 2 starting fresh in 5 minutes.

Showdown at 6:00 sharp, all or nothing. Go State beat the Badgers.

Cole Hults blasts one from the point for a power play goal and a 2-1 lead with 15 minutes left in the second period. Needed that one big time as Wisconsin was starting to tilt the ice.

Reactions: NittanyLionFan
Wisconsin gets their own power play to tie it and then scores again 30 seconds later to take a 3-2 lead. 10 minutes left in the second. really bad juju in the arena now as we had a short handed breakout that could have made it 3-1 right before the disasterous collapse.

Peyton Jones saves the day on a 3 on 1 break and then Alex Limoges brings it all the way down in the last minute of the period and leaves the goalie not knowing whether to cry or wind his watch. Last minute of the period 3-3 now heading into the third!

Wow... both teams with great chances around the 18 minute mark (2 minutes in), including a PSU breakaway and Jones caught out of the net. Whew!!!

Great that the PSU @ OSU semi is on Sunday - I'm sure that the team can use the extra day of rest since this series went to three games. Looks like the win nudged PSU back up to 19th in the Pairwise. Would be nice if Bowling Green (v Northern Michigan in WCHA Semis), North Dakota (v Denver in NCHC Quarters), and Union (v Cornell in ECAC Quarters) all dropped games next weekend. :) Bowling Green is the only favorite of the three.

Last edited:
OVERTIME!!!! Reminiscent of our B10 championship game win over the Badgers in 2017. Paging Liam Folkes, time to relive some glory.
Pretty prophetic PA_JOE! It was a really fun game sitting in the Roar Zone. I'm no official, but what did you think of the "check" in the back of Smirnov into the boards? I was thinking five minute major and they called nothing. Dennis was down on the ice for a while.

Yup - I waited until the final home game but I finally got something right, LOL!

As for the Smirnov thing, in a game full of terribly missed calls that was the most egregious - it happened straight across the rink from me and I watched it happen, there were about a dozen people in my section (including me)who went apoplectic on the refs.

I’ll take the exhiliration of a big OT win like that though. Here’s hoping the Folkes goal is a foreshadowing of another B10tourney run that lands us in the NCAA in Allentown at the end of March. This team has several flaws but it has so much talent that it would be a shame to waste a tourney year as a host team. Just need to string together 2 more wins starting with the Buckeyes who are not what they were early in the season. They are beatable at this stage. Let’s Go State!

Pretty prophetic PA_JOE! It was a really fun game sitting in the Roar Zone. I'm no official, but what did you think of the "check" in the back of Smirnov into the boards? I was thinking five minute major and they called nothing. Dennis was down on the ice for a while.

Would be nice if Bowling Green (v Northern Michigan in WCHA Semis), North Dakota (v Denver in NCHC Quarters), and Union (v Cornell in ECAC Quarters) all dropped games next weekend. :) Bowling Green is the only favorite of the three.
So far, only one of these happened - North Dakota lost to Denver in Game 1 of their series. Dropped them below PSU in the Pairwise, so up to 18th. :)

So far, only one of these happened - North Dakota lost to Denver in Game 1 of their series. Dropped them below PSU in the Pairwise, so up to 18th. :)

At this point would to see Cornell/Union go three so that both teams get a loss with one team obviously getting 2 losses. Hopefully Northern Michigan can make series go three. If Minnesota beats ND, Minnesota will jump us and ND May fall below us. Of course if we beat OSU tomorrow we would re-jump Minnesota.

Minnesota just got hosed by the refs in the first minute of overtime against Notre Dame on a call that even had the announcers saying WTF!!! Notre Dame converted within 30 seconds to end the game. Brace yourself for that kind of moment with PSU playing in Columbus on Sunday.

At this point would to see Cornell/Union go three so that both teams get a loss with one team obviously getting 2 losses. Hopefully Northern Michigan can make series go three. If Minnesota beats ND, Minnesota will jump us and ND May fall below us. Of course if we beat OSU tomorrow we would re-jump Minnesota.

Brace yourself for that kind of moment with PSU playing in Columbus on Sunday.
Didn't that happen at ND? Pav got called for a 5-minute because he was too tall? Anyhow, perhaps it will go the other way since the B1G is still looking like just one team in. ;-)

Union and Western Michigan each lost their Games 2. PSU holding at 18, Union and Western Michigan tied for 16, and ND up to 15 in the Pairwise. CHN's Pairwise Probability Matrix is showing as of this evening a 0% chance that PSU gets an at-large (was only about a 0.4% chance before the B1G Quarterfinals), so gotta win the next two!!!

Reactions: PA_JOE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT