ADVERTISEMENT

Live from BJC Men's Bball vs. E. Michigan

PA_JOE

Sep 3, 2001
Ugly start but Taylor (13 points) and others pulling it together up 7 with 2 minutes to go in the 1st half.

The Team is doing a good job of working the ball inside but having trouble converting. They are trying to get Jack lots of opportunities. I wonder if Chambers is seeing that there is more possibilities to greater use of Jack.

Agree - very little Dickerson today all Jack and Moore. Also too many free throw misses and turnovers today- decision making has been pretty bad down low but Jack caught fire the last 5 minutes of the half

Pulling away now - another Taylor 3 to go up 52-31. The competition is not good but you can really see this team starting to gel. Not having a Newbill/ Frazier/ Battle really forces two or three guys to step up every night and although I was pessimistic after Duquense I do see the potential for this team to get to .500 this year and set up a nice nucleus for the future with the new kids coming in.

I don't care if it's eastern michigan. The team looks really good. Great ball movement, great rebounding, contributions from everyone, and great defense. Pretty impressive. they might have some hope in the big after all. When Reeves, Watkins, Zemgulis get their footing, and the freshman from next year arrive. Things are going to turn around for this program really quickly. Moore and Banks look much better this year than last.

Reactions: psu1969a
well turned out EMU did have a pulse - cut it to 9 but we did everything we needed to under control at the end, final score good guys 81-70t nice stat sheet

Taylor 27
Banks 17
Garner 16

You know they had a 21pt lead and let them came back within 9. I hate that. If we are going to take the next step, bury this type of competition. I like the win but disappointed the way they reacted down the stretch. Please play like you are always behind!!!

You know they had a 21pt lead and let them came back within 9. I hate that. If we are going to take the next step, bury this type of competition. I like the win but disappointed the way they reacted down the stretch. Please play like you are always behind!!!
I'm not so sure Chambers didn't change it up some just to practice on some of the PSU weaknesses against this EMU team once they were way ahead. EMU did get hot toward the end, though.

EMU had the best RPI of our competition to date. The Dukes have a RPI of 107, PSU is 130 and EMU is 72.

Brandon Taylor has really blossumed and great to see improvement YOY from Shep. Anxious to see how well Davis can shoot the three. Our effectiveness behind the arc is the biggest area of improvement this year and what we've been missing. Not expecting a great year, but some pleasant surprises thus far.

Shep has looked much better at the point this year with his command of the offense and distributing the ball - but you can still tell that he's better suited at shooting guard where he can create space away from the ball. This team is really missing two pieces this year: a true point guard and a wing with penetrating ability. Fortunately, that's exactly who Chambers is bringing in next season with Carr and Stevens. We'll have our share of struggles this season, but you can see signs of things starting to come together going forward.

Reactions: PaoliLion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT