ADVERTISEMENT

Latest in Paterno v NCAA

Additionally, we recently found out Hoover was very ill. This could also be reason for the delays. You act as if it were a choice on C/S/S part and it wasn't. Hoover passed away on the 24th. There were factors here you don't allow for. Why?

Maybe because it's been nearly five years. Name another case of perjury that has taken five years.[/QUOTE]
I haven't ever seen one this ridiculous to compare it to.

Reactions: LionFanStill
I guarantee people will talk but won't guarantee the three will talk. As soon as it is allowed AOJ material will be released to he media. The AG's office will just let the press do the work they didn't want to or couldn't legally do.
The three could talk all they want, but part of that talking will be answering or avoiding awkward and uncomfortable questions.

So, which "people" will talk?

Miles, your problem is you don't know any of these guys personally, do you? You may not believe it, but some people are guided by doing the right thing.

You probably have lived your entire life not knowing someone who has acted in a certain way, because it was the right thing to do. Pay attention. You'll learn something here, eventually.

Reactions: LionFanStill
Miles, your problem is you don't know any of these guys personally, do you? You may not believe it, but some people are guided by doing the right thing.

You probably have lived your entire life not knowing someone who has acted in a certain way, because it was the right thing to do.

Not sure. I posted something on facebook and Gary Schultz posted "like" on it, I'll pm you if you like? Do YOU know any of them? I'll await your response.

21 gums needs to stick to football. Oh, right. He's usually wrong there too.

And you post little jokes for your little circle of buddies to post "like" on. The joke on here is you, a little gutless fool who can't handle any board that doesn't have his buddies on it. Nice avatar, what are you 11 years old?

And you post little jokes for your little circle of buddies to post "like" on. The joke on here is you, a little gutless fool who can't handle any board that doesn't have his buddies on it. Nice avatar, what are you 11 years old?

And you are using internet attacks again and breaking board rules again.

Reported.

Reactions: marshall23
Miles, I'm done proselytizing to you, as it's obvious that your soul cannot be saved. It's a shame, because our Apocalypse is coming, and you are going to miss it.

Wrong. If they talked, I would be very, very happy. I would love for them to talk. They've lawyered up and the cases have been delayed, going on five years.

FIVE YEARS of delays, are you attempting to sell me that these delays are completely, and comprehensively, independent of the moves of their attorneys? Backloged courts Judges dying? Come on.
What is your problem? Are you shooting up Massengill?

Someone charged with a crime hires a defense attorney and you call that "lawyering up?" You don't know the meaning of the word. And you're too dumb to even know what charges have been dismissed and which still remain. Even after 5 years, the proceedings are moving too quickly for you to keep up.

You want to know why the case is taking so long? How about you go looking for Cindy Baldwin and ask her for starters?

why do you state things as though they are a fact when you haven't a clue what the 3 individuals plan to do?

That's your proof that your guess/opinion/whatever is fact? smh

Tim Curley and Gary Schultz were charged in Nov. 2011. Both have excellent lawyers. And on the advice of lawyers (which even a L1 student would know), they have not publicly spoken about the charges, and will not do so until their trials are over or the charges are dropped. That's a fact. After their trials/charges are dropped, the situation is likely to change (though when is dependent upon how their cases go).

Spanier was charged in 2012. He did speak to Freeh's team before he was charged, and was interviewed by ?? (I think it was the New Yorker) before he was charged. He also has excellent legal representation, and has not publicly commented on the situation since he was charged, on the advice of his counsel. As with C/S, he will speak after the trial/after charges are dropped, though again, the timing is dependent on what happens with the case.

I can guarantee you that the above is not a guess, an opinion, or whatever else you want to call it of mine.
I agree, Tom. My guess is that one, maybe two, books have been long underway, just waiting for the third act to play out. I also expect Corbett and several OGBoT members to be excoriated, body slammed. There will be no seals available for their protection.

I agree, Tom. My guess is that one, maybe two, books have been long underway, just waiting for the third act to play out. I also expect Corbett and several OGBoT members to be excoriated, body slammed. There will be no seals available for their protection.
Sadly, books are not a suitable surrogate for actual criminal investigation. They are basically no better than he said/she said. Some information will come out, but there is now way to test the voracity nor is there a means to engage punishment (but for potential media hype that is damaging--and we know which side the media is in). So books would be nice but wholly underwhelming.

Reactions: biacto
wow. that wouldn't fly in a jv high school debate competition.

Athletic department employees as your sources? LMFAO. You're really out of your league on this one.

I'm done debating this with you. You can keep any opinion you want, but what I stated are facts, and I stand by my guarantee.

Tom, he makes things up and then tries to post his opinions as fact. It's almost as if he has a disease.

Nice to see you so obsessed that you're tracking back in threads to make reports.

Reported.

I guess you don't understand irony. I didn't think I would have to use the quote function for you to recognize your own words. But by all means, please keep rambling on about nonsense such as me tracking back in threads.

Reported.

Reactions: simons96
Sure as sunshine, no one knows if they "won't talk"......and just as surely no one knows if they "will talk".

About the only thing that IS clear in that regard, is that everyone has been - and likely will continue to be - puckered up like a school girl's honey pot so long as any "charges" remain on the table
You are right to a point but...Spanier will talk during his trial against Freeh and I have a suspicion that if Curley's health turns for the worst he will talk. I am willing to bet that what he has to say is written down already just in case he can not make a public statement so it can be released just before or after his death. I hope he has a good life and can stand and say it instead but I think that he has thought through his options.

I think it is a near certainty that Curley will talk. Either he will speak at his trial or someone else's trial or if his health deteriorates he will speak because it will be in his best interest to do so to clear his name. What is his downside if he is near the end of his life? None. What is his upside? clearing his name. People nearly always do what is in their own best interest plus he has the chance to set the record straight for JVP his coach, mentor and friend.

We will write or speak.

Last edited:
Reactions: biacto
Sadly, books are not a suitable surrogate for actual criminal investigation. They are basically no better than he said/she said. Some information will come out, but there is now way to test the voracity nor is there a means to engage punishment (but for potential media hype that is damaging--and we know which side the media is in). So books would be nice but wholly underwhelming.

Books lead to Movies...can see a NETFLEX picking up the rights...

How is Tim Curley doing? News of cancer appeared a few years ago, but last I heard here from people in State College was that he was doing well.

All three zipped tighter than a nun on good friday, forever. They'll take what they know to the grave to save themselves.

So, basically you're saying that while Spanier is suing the dick off of Louis Freeh and while Schultz is suing the dick off of Cynthia Baldwin, neither of them will have one simple thing to say? Is that correct? You believe they'll essentially be carrying through with these lawsuits and never even say why they're suing, is that also correct?

Books lead to Movies...can see a NETFLEX picking up the rights...
Word on the street is there's been some discussion of a movie in the works for a book that many of us have read.
W56166.jpg

Last edited:
There's quite a bit of awesome packed into this post.
So, basically you're saying that while Spanier is suing the dick off of Louis Freeh and while Schultz is suing the dick off of Cynthia Baldwin, neither of them will have one simple thing to say? Is that correct? You believe they'll essentially be carrying through with these lawsuits and never even say why they're suing, is that also correct?

He's an idiot. It has been pointed out to him numerous times that if you sue someone is civil court there is no way to avoid being deposed. Suing someone = willingness/eagerness to talk.

Reactions: 91Joe95
He's an idiot. It has been pointed out to him numerous times that if you sue someone is civil court there is no way to avoid being deposed. Suing someone = willingness/eagerness to talk.

What have they said so far madam? The 2012 article is not "talking" so don't bring it up, and name calling is beneath you, makes you look bad.

Had trouble following this thread--and then I hit "show ignored content". Yikes. Now I recall why I blocked a couple of folks..... I tend to use that sparingly, but....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT