ADVERTISEMENT

John Doe took the Ira Lubert approved settlement but is "too fragile" to testify

eloracv

Sep 22, 2007
John Doe took the Ira Lubert approved settlement but is "too fragile" to testify

http://co.centre.pa.us/centreco/media/upload/PATERNO VS NCAA MOTION FOR A PROTECTIVE ORDER OF NON PARTY JOHN DOE .pdf

~

It would certainly be possible to set up his testimony in a private undisclosed location.

It appears that Michael Boni is involved in representing this John Doe 150 and the deposition references this John Doe has having suffered CSA from Sandusky at a football camp in the 70's and reporting the abuse to Paterno and Penn State. When the 70's allegations involving Paterno first popped up a couple of months back I thought I remember reading statements from Boni seemingly defending Paterno and discounting the accusations against Paterno since they had not been vetted in court. It seems on the surface that Boni may be speaking out of both sides of his mouth here unless I'm missing something? Not that it would be surprising.

Last edited:

So if I'm reading this correctly - and maybe this has already been known and discussed - Penn State agreed to a settlement with the accuser from the 70's BEFORE he was deposed? What information did they possibly have to agree to a settlement before they even deposed him? They settled, he gives his deposition, and then says that he told Paterno directly?!?

I don't agree with everything Ziegler does but it would have been a brilliant idea if he would have actually planted a "victim" among these accusers just to see how the whole process went down and if he would have been paid.

So if I'm reading this correctly - and maybe this has already been known and discussed - Penn State agreed to a settlement with the accuser from the 70's BEFORE he was deposed? What information did they possibly have to agree to a settlement before they even deposed him? They settled, he gives his deposition, and then says that he told Paterno directly?!?

I don't agree with everything Ziegler does but it would have been a brilliant idea if he would have actually planted a "victim" among these accusers just to see how the whole process went down and if he would have been paid.
They would have paid settlement funds to a bag of hair
If - somehow - the bag of hair had "Joe Knew" written on it, they would have doubled the $$$

Of course, any legitimate victim, if they said "I'm kinda upset about how those folks at 2nd Mile ran this whole thing - maybe I'll start asking them some questions".........the settlement amount would suddenly grow a couple additional zeroes in front of the decimal point

None of this should be surprising. If I was them, I wouldn't want to be deposed either. Nothing in it for them and has nothing to do with Paterno vs. NCAA.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Wait, isn't it the NCAA who's pushing this deposition? Weren't they the ones who kept asking for more and more stuff to be provided? Seems to indicate so on the Judge's order found on the last page. It's in their interest to keep bringing up the "Paterno knew in 19-whenever" nonsense-- I don't see any point in the Paterno side to make the guy give another deposition.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Don't give him the attention. He isn't Seth, he is a nobody who has probably never felt as important as he does now. IF he actually does have friends involved, which I doubt, they now know they can use him to push their narrative.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
JS is 72, so 12 years older than JD71. If this occurred in 1972, JS would have been 28 and JD71 would have been 16.

I'm trying to do the math here - if Joe Doe is 60 - how old was Jerry at the time of the alleged abuse?
Twelve years older. This crap never ends. Doe150 testified after a settlement, and this was supposed to make him more believable? His attorney really wrote and submitted that? Did the settlement include a large sum of money? Has money ever been known to influence a person's testimony?

It's bizarro world.

JS is 72, so 12 years older than JD71. If this occurred in 1972, JS would have been 28 and JD71 would have been 16.

So if abuse occurred when Jerry was 28 - then clearly a pattern of abuse of some sort should have been sniffed out throughout the remaining 70's, 80's and 90's. So how do licensed caseworkers do home studies and background checks and place kids in his home? How does he found a successful children's charity with a licensed child psychologist at the helm? How do licensed professionals at the county & state level slap an offender with the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval?

Why aren't ANY of these professionals answering ANY of these questions and leaving this all to burn on PSU's doorstep? Still waiting for Lynne Abraham to turn over her findings to the Office of......OH WAIT...THAT NEVER HAPPENED..

Why do I feel that there is more to this story and that perhaps certain others simply don't want their names attached to it, for fear of bad publicity?

Last edited:
Do you have evidence that the victim is lying? Or are you saying its "reasonable to conclude" that he is lying?
Do you have any evidence that they are telling the truth? I could tell you that JS abused me. Would you have any evidence that I am lying?

Why aren't ANY of these professionals answering ANY of these questions and leaving this all to burn on PSU's doorstep?

Because this guy is probably claiming he told Paterno and no one else, just like Bernie McCue's pal. Why would a licensed caseworker punish someone for abuse that they don't know about? How would a background check turn up anything if no one ever reported him to the police?

October 13, 2014 John Doe was deposed. 3 months later Slaten asked him(in the above interview) what evidence pointed to Joe being involved in a cover-up. Boni referred Slaten back to the Freeh report and never mentioned he had a client that said otherwise.

Because this guy is probably claiming he told Paterno and no one else, just like Bernie McCue's pal. Why would a licensed caseworker punish someone for abuse that they don't know about? How would a background check turn up anything if no one ever reported him to the police?

I'd answer - but your screen name is not appropriate in a thread discussing sexual abuse.

So if abuse occurred when Jerry was 28 - then clearly a pattern of abuse of some sort should have been sniffed out throughout the remaining 70's, 80's and 90's. So how do licensed caseworkers do home studies and background checks and place kids in his home? How does he found a successful children's charity with a licensed child psychologist at the helm? How do licensed professionals at the county & state level slap an offender with the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval?

Why aren't ANY of these professionals answering ANY of these questions and leaving this all to burn on PSU's doorstep? Still waiting for Lynne Abraham to turn over her findings to the Office of......OH WAIT...THAT NEVER HAPPENED..
I agree. If, what has been inferred again today, that people are afraid to talk and will take it to their grave, then this is one f'd up society that we live in. I think 4-5 posters mentioned this, and said the info would never come out. Sounds to me that the corruption and perversion is far reaching if people truly fear reprisals. Look, I want all of the info out there so that everyone involved in either a pedo ring or massive money laundering or even potentially murder, are given their day in court immediately.

I'm now of the opinion, that anyone that wants to suppress any information in this case is hiding something serious. My first thought for anyone not pushing for the truth is: are you a pedo or are you a white collar thief (or both). If this goes back to the 70's, then that info needs to get out there so that we have a chance to make it right. Frazier, Petz, Surma, Corbut, B&I Leaders, Ag Leaders, BIG10 leadership, Markie E, NCAA leadership, PA State police chief, et al: which one are you? The amount of corruption could certainly not be driven by 3-4 people. This is widespread across all industries there.

Has PA (or even farther reaching), turned into Rome, with Nero, Caligula, and Elagabalus as our leaders? Have they appointed servants in the government roles just to keep the perversions and laundering alive? This looks like it spans both parties for certain and really needs a house cleaning. I'm not certain that is even possible.

What a freaking depressing revelation this has been for me today. I hope I'm 100% wrong, but with what I'm hearing, I can't be.

Looks like just Scolforo at the AP did a write up:

Sandusky accuser asks to limit questioning, protect identity
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - A man who claims he told Penn State football coach Joe Paterno in 1976 that he was sexually abused as a teen by Jerry Sandusky asked a judge Wednesday to protect his identity and limit questioning by lawyers in a lawsuit brought by Paterno's family against college sports' governing body.

Lawyers for the man called John Doe 150 said he gave a sworn deposition in October 2014 in a related case, brought by Penn State against its insurer over coverage for Sandusky-related claims, and that he should not have to endure another one.

He previously testified under oath about his abuse claims "and his reporting of the abuse to Coach Joseph Paterno and Penn State," his lawyers told Judge John Leete, who is presiding in the Paternos' lawsuit against the NCAA.

"Forcing John Doe 150 to sit through yet another deposition is not only duplicative, unnecessary and unduly burdensome, but it would force this victim of childhood sexual abuse to, again, relive the trauma of his abuse," his lawyers wrote. They said he settled with Penn State in 2013 and has kept his abuse a secret from those closest to him.

They alleged the abuse occurred when the man was a 14-year-old participant at a Penn State football camp but disclosed no other details.

Paterno, who died in 2012, said in an interview before his death that an assistant's report in 2001 of Sandusky attacking a boy in a team shower at the State College campus was the first he knew of such allegations against his longtime top assistant.

Sandusky, a former Penn State assistant football coach, was convicted of 45 counts of child sexual abuse and is serving a sentence of 30 to 60 years in prison. He maintains his innocence and is pursuing an appeal.

John Doe 150's lawyer, Slade McLaughlin, said in a phone interview Wednesday that his client was concerned about "nuts" harassing him over his role in the scandal, which has generated strong feelings.

"Some of these people are really over the top and some of these people are militant, and some of these people, in my mind, are terrorists," McLaughlin said.

The filing comes two days after Penn State asked the judge to reject a subpoena from the NCAA in the Paterno family lawsuit, seeking the man's name and the identity of a Sandusky accuser who made a confidential settlement with the school over claims he was abused as a boy by Sandusky in 1971.

Penn State said neither settlement agreement contains specifics about either man's claims.

In May, the judge in the insurance dispute being litigated in Philadelphia said in a written opinion that there was a claim that Paterno was informed by a boy in 1976 that Sandusky had abused him. The school subsequently also confirmed it had settled over a 1971 allegation.

The judge has since decided to disclose more information about the two claims, details that are expected to be made public in about three weeks.

The Paternos are suing the NCAA, saying it used a Penn State-commissioned report that harmed their commercial interests. Two former Penn State coaches, Jay Paterno and Bill Kenney, are also suing the NCAA, saying the report made it impossible for them to find comparable work.

Published: June 22, 2016 — 6:15 PM EDT

Do you have any evidence that they are telling the truth? I could tell you that JS abused me. Would you have any evidence that I am lying?

1 He testified under oath.
2. He has not been charged with perjury nor has any official in any capacity suggested he is lying.
3. Penn State found him to be credible since they paid his claim.

When will this insensitivity to the victims ever stop? According to some posters, anyone not named Paterno, Curley, Shulz, or Spanier is obviously a liar.Dozens and dozens of liars, many of whom have never met, all conspiring together.

ADVERTISEMENT