165 manville dnp,1
174 hall 1, 5
184 rasheed 1,7
184 bisono dnp,0
197 nickal 1, 9
285 cassar 1,6
285 nevills 2,4

Last edited:
Quick question, pa...appears Shak's first bout does NOT count towards team scoring if he has a bonus point win...since it's against a non-collegiate guy. Everyone that's posted their guesses, I'm sure, included it as a countable bout. I have a suggestion...include any BP's.

OK, without looking at the picks I am willing to make a blind bet that no one picked Pipher to finish 1st or 2nd. Only a soph so he could be our starter next year at 157. Can't remember who but I believe someone hinted that next years lineup might not be what we expected. :D

Reactions: NoVaLion2
Quick question, pa...appears Shak's first bout does NOT count towards team scoring if he has a bonus point win...since it's against a non-collegiate guy. Everyone that's posted their guesses, I'm sure, included it as a countable bout. I have a suggestion...include any BP's.
I think I answered this in the first Scuffle thread, and you may have seen it, but I am counting all BPs.

I'll have results out this evening. The competition is really, really tight.

OK, without looking at the picks I am willing to make a blind bet that no one picked Pipher to finish 1st or 2nd. Only a soph so he could be our starter next year at 157. Can't remember who but I believe someone hinted that next years lineup might not be what we expected. :D
You win the bet, although I see no one took you up on it. I'm only through BWI picks, but so far, the highest anyone picked him to finish is 6th.

Alright, the moment you've all been waiting for. Results from the Southern Scuffle KYPSW contest. I'm just gonna be upfront with you, and tell you to check your scores and tell me if you find issues. Look, particularly, at the scores around Nolf/Berge/Verk. Someone copy/pasted a variation on the original, which had their order mixed up. Hopefully, I caught them all.

Interesting things from the picks.
1. One person picked a wrestler to finish in 0th place. I went on the assumption that he meant 9th, because that's what everyone else picked. That, and my spreadsheet would have blown up if I put 0th into it.
2. Unanimous picks were Nolf, Hall, Nickal and Schnupp. And, I still want Schnupp in my picture, absolutely.
3. Bonus points are a killer in this game. There were five players that had the same or more points for placement than the winner, but the winner tied for fourth lowest losses due to bonus points.

So, without further ado, here are the 2019 Southern Scuffle KYPSW results. Congratulations to HR antagonist johnstownsteel for being on top of the podium, followed closely by ZepGraffiti and NoVaLion. AA repeaters from 2017-18 include: Justin6, nittinsc and Tom1973.

enhance

Hold your horses! There is a mistake! It does not affect who is on the podium, but it does affect the order. We are about to do what I call the KYPSW Southern Scuffle Shuffle.

Waiting on verification from my fact checker.

Hold your horses! There is a mistake! It does not affect who is on the podium, but it does affect the order. We are about to do what I call the KYPSW Southern Scuffle Shuffle.

Waiting on verification from my fact checker.

Not the official fact checker and I only checked my score but I only came up with -18.0 instead of -18.5 on bonus. Could get me into a wrestleoff for true second. :D

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
Alright, the moment you've all been waiting for. Results from the Southern Scuffle KYPSW contest. I'm just gonna be upfront with you, and tell you to check your scores and tell me if you find issues. Look, particularly, at the scores around Nolf/Berge/Verk. Someone copy/pasted a variation on the original, which had their order mixed up. Hopefully, I caught them all.

Interesting things from the picks.
1. One person picked a wrestler to finish in 0th place. I went on the assumption that he meant 9th, because that's what everyone else picked. That, and my spreadsheet would have blown up if I put 0th into it.
2. Unanimous picks were Nolf, Hall, Nickal and Schnupp. And, I still want Schnupp in my picture, absolutely.
3. Bonus points are a killer in this game. There were five players that had the same or more points for placement than the winner, but the winner tied for fourth lowest losses due to bonus points.

So, without further ado, here are the 2019 Southern Scuffle KYPSW results. Congratulations to HR antagonist johnstownsteel for being on top of the podium, followed closely by ZepGraffiti and NoVaLion. AA repeaters from 2017-18 include: Justin6, nittinsc and Tom1973.

enhance
They love me over there...they are just great at hiding it. Lol

Sorry for the delay, y'all. I had issues.

So, when I totaled Joseph's bonus points, I came up with 5.5, which was incorrect, as he only had 5. That half a point made a difference, as you can imagine with how tight the scoring was at the top of the leader board. So, the new actual results are below.

Sorry, johnstownsteel, but ZepGraffiti is this year's Scuffle Champion. Congratulations to Zep.

enhance

Oh good, so the scuffle competition is separate from the dual one? I failed to get my pics in the scuffle.

Haven't heard from johnstownsteel, which makes me wonder if he is protesting the move to 2nd like Mongolian coaches.
GettyImages-593232460_master_1471802814676_5647746_ver1.0.jpg

He doesn;t have 2nd yet. Next time he gets seats next to mine at a dual we will have a wrestleoff for true 2nd. :D
The administrators of this contest would like to inform you that your understanding of the rules is incorrect. The first tiebreaker criteria is most placement points. Therefore, if you would like to wrestle Johnstown Steel, you are more than welcome. However, it will not overturn the results of this contest.

The administrators of this contest would like to inform you that your understanding of the rules is incorrect. The first tiebreaker criteria is most placement points. Therefore, if you would like to wrestle Johnstown Steel, you are more than welcome. However, it will not overturn the results of this contest.

Thank you for bailing me out. I met johnstownsteel at the Lehigh dual and he is a good bit younger and in much better shape than I am so you saved me a beating. :D

Thank you for bailing me out. I met johnstownsteel at the Lehigh dual and he is a good bit younger and in much better shape than I am so you saved me a beating. :D

Yes, but you haven't given up a takedown in quite a few years. :)

Sorry for the delay, y'all. I had issues.

So, when I totaled Joseph's bonus points, I came up with 5.5, which was incorrect, as he only had 5. That half a point made a difference, as you can imagine with how tight the scoring was at the top of the leader board. So, the new actual results are below.

Sorry, johnstownsteel, but ZepGraffiti is this year's Scuffle Champion. Congratulations to Zep.

enhance
Well this is gonna get messy. Upon hearing of my being scuffle champ, the city of jtown had a ceremony and gave me a key to the city.

Wonder if they are going to ask for it back..

No mention of Teasdale.. I might suggest we all include him in our picks at 125 just to be safe....

#1 PENN STATE NITTANY LIONS (4-0, 0-0 B1G)
WT NAME EL HT/HS REC
125 Devin Schnupp So. Lititz, Pa./Warwick 5-6
133 #14 Roman Bravo-Young Fr. Tucson, Ariz./Sunny Side 12-1
141 #4 Nick Lee So. Evansville, Ind./Homeschool 15-0
149 #9 Brady Berge Fr. Mantorville, Minn./Kasson-Mantorville 12-1
Jarod Verkleeren Fr. Greensburg, Pa./Hempfield 8-4
157 #1 Jason Nolf Sr. Yatesboro, Pa./Kittanning 13-0
165 #1 Vincenzo Joseph Jr. Pittsburgh, Pa./Central Catholic 13-0
174 #1 Mark Hall Jr. Apple Valley, Minn./Apple Valley 13-0
184 #3 Shakur Rasheed Sr. Coram, N.Y./Longwood 12-0
197 #1 Bo Nickal Sr. Allen, Texas/Allen 12-0
285 #4 Anthony Cassar Sr. Rocky Hill, N.J./Montgomery 11-1
Nick Nevills Sr. Clovis, Calif./Clovis 8-2

#11 NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS (2-4, 0-1 B1G)
WT NAME EL HT/HS REC
125 #1 Sebastian Rivera So. Jackson, N.J./Christian Brothers 14-0
133 Colin Valdiviez So. Lee's Summit, Mo./Rockhurst 11-7
141 Yahya Thomas Fr. Chicago, Ill./Mount Carmel 11-6
149 Shayne Oster Jr. Homer Glen, Ill./Lockport 8-5
157 #3 Ryan Deakin So. Broomfield, Colo./Legacy 16-1
165 Tyler Moreland Fr. Brighton, Michy./Detroit Catholic Central 1-1
OR Eric Yang So. Fremont, Calif./Mission San Jose 2-5
174 Johnny Sebastian Sr. Ramsey, N.J./Bergen Catholic 4-3
184 Brendan Devine Fr. West Chester, Pa./Malvern Prep 0-10
197 Zack Chakonis Jr. Washington, Township, N.J./Don Bosco 2-10
285 #19 Conan Jennings Sr. Centerville, Ohio/Centerville 10-5

#19 WISCONSIN BADGERS (6-1, 1-1 B1G)
WT NAME EL HT/HS REC
125 #15 Connor Brown So. Oak Grove, Mo./Oak Grove 9-3
133 Jens Lantz Sr. Ellsworth, Wis./Ellsworth 9-8
141 Tristan Moran Jr. Phoenix, Ariz./Stillwater 15-5
149 Cole Martin Jr. Lancaster, Wis./Lancaster 11-6
157 Zander Wick So. Murrieta, Calif./San Marino 6-5
165 #3 Evan Wick So. Murrieta, Calif./San Marino 18-1
174 #10 Ryan Christensen Sr. Woodinville, Wash./Woodinville 14-5
184 Mason Reinhardt Jr. Merrill, Wis./Merrill 15-7
197 Andrew Salemme Fr. Wauwatosa, Wis./Marquette 1-12
285 #9 Trent Hillger Fr. Linden, Mich./Lake Fenton 15-1

Reactions: Afw6006
I'll jump in for pawrestlers.. If possible to split the two matches it is a better way to post.. otherwise can't edit your second picks after the start of the first match..

Reactions: Afw6006
Northwestern
125 - Rivera TF over Schnupp
133 - Bravo-Young TF
141 - Lee MD
149 - PSU by MD
157 - Nolf MD
165 - Joseph FALL
174 - Hall FALL
184 - Rasheed FALL
197 - Nickal FALL
285 - Cassar MD Jennings or Nevills DEC Jennings