149 - Retherford FALL
157 - Nolf TECH
165 - Joseph MD or Martin DEC other PSU
174 - Hall MD
184 - Nickal FALL
197 - Cassar MD
285 - Nevills MD

Last edited:
Well, I forgot to get in my Lehigh pics so my YTD score is in the crapper but here goes

125 - Oliver MD
133 - Keener MD, or Pepple dec any other PSU
141 - Cortez Dec
149 - Zain - Fall
157 - Nolf - Fall
165 - Joseph MD, or Indiana dec any other PSU
174 - Hall TF
184 - Nickal - Fall
197 - Cassar - Dec
285 - Nevills - Md

125 Oliver MD
133 Keener Dec or Indiana Dec any other
141 Cortez Dec
149 Retherford Fall
157 Nolf Fall
165 Joseph MD or Ind Dec any other
174 Hall Dec
184 Nickal Fall
197 Cassar MD Hinz or TF Irick
Hwt Nevills MD

INDIANA
125 Oliver MD
133 Keener DEC over Pepple; OR
Pepple MD over ANY OTHER
141 Cortez DEC
149 Retherford FALL
157 Nolf FALL
165 Joseph MD over Martin; OR
Pipher DEC over Martin; OR
Martin DEC over ANY OTHER
174 Hall FALL over Skatzka
184 Nickal FALL over Conley
197 Cassar/McCutcheon MD over ANY
HWT Nevills FALL over Miller

Indiana:

125: Oliver (IND) DEC over Schnupp (PSU)
133: Keener (PSU) DEC over Pepple (IND), Pepple (IND) DEC over Giannangeli (PSU)
141: Cortez (PSU) DEC over Weaver (IND)
149: Zain (PSU) FALL over Tunon (IND)
157: Nolf (PSU) TF over Danishek (IND)
165: Joseph (PSU) TF over Martin (IND); Martin (IND) DEC over ANY OTHER (PSU)
174: Hall (PSU) MD over Skatzka (IND)
184: Nickal (PSU) TF over Conley (IND)
197: Cassar (PSU) MD over Hinz (IND), Cassar (PSU) MD over Irick (IND)
285: Nevills (PSU) FALL over Miller (IND)

125 IND dec
133 Keener MD, IND Dec other
141 Cortez Dec
149 Zain Fall
157 Nolf Fall
165 Joseph Fall or Ind Dec
174 Hall TF
184 Nickal Fall
197 Cassar MD
HWT Nevills MD

INDIANA

125- Oliver MD
133- Keener DEC or Indiana DEC any other PSU
141- Cortez DEC
149- Retherford FALL
157- Nolf FALL
165- Joseph DEC or Indiana DEC over any other PSU

174- Hall MD
184- Nickal FALL
197- Cassar MD (Hinz) or TF (Irick)
285- Nevills MD

These are Cholley Vandine’s picks:

INDIANA

125: Oliver MD
133: Any PSU DEC
141: Cortez DEC
149: Retherford FALL
157: Nolf TF
165: Joseph TF, Pipher Dec
174: Hall (PSU) MD over Skatzka (IND)
184: Nickal FALL
197: Cassar MD, McCutcheon MD
285: Nevills MD

Indiana:
125: Oliver MD
133: Keener MD (People Dec if no Keener)
141: Cortez Dec
149: Zain Fall
157: Nolf Fall
165: Joseph MD (Martin MD if no Joseph)
174: Hall TF
184: Nickal Fall
197: Cassar MD
285: Nevills MD

I only have the BWI entries entered in the spreadsheet, but just wanted to put everyone on alert: we have perfection.

Scores tomorrow, along with the rules for the Southern Scuffle.

Reactions: Dr.TobiasZoidberg
When you score 29 in KYPSW and still lose...
A4wy_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

I've never kept scoring averages, but this has to be one of the highest of all time. As mentioned above, not only did we have one guy at 29, but we had 2, jbkeller72 and SnydleyWhiplash. Under ordinary circumstances, we'd be praising and congratulating them for that. But, as it is, they become a future trivia question.

That's because Dr. TobiasZoidberg crushed this center plate fastball into the bay at Candlestick Park. His stat line was 20, 10, 30, picking all ten wrestlers and their type of victory correctly. This contest has been running for five years, and the number of perfect duals can still be counted on one hand. That's rare air.

Besides that, lots of 28s, lots of 27s and lots of 26s. A couple of guys, who shall go unnamed, Lyco and lobo, were this duals' sweepers, at 22. Normally, that's not a bad score, but this dual wasn't normal. Lyco, you might want to hop in the sauna and sweat this one out.

YTD standing will be out after coffee, and Scuffle Rules will follow that.

enhance

I've never kept scoring averages, but this has to be one of the highest of all time. As mentioned above, not only did we have one guy at 29, but we had 2, jbkeller72 and SnydleyWhiplash. Under ordinary circumstances, we'd be praising and congratulating them for that. But, as it is, they become a future trivia question.

That's because Dr. TobiasZoidberg crushed this center plate fastball into the bay at Candlestick Park. His stat line was 20, 10, 30, picking all ten wrestlers and their type of victory correctly. This contest has been running for five years, and the number of perfect duals can still be counted on one hand. That's rare air.

Besides that, lots of 28s, lots of 27s and lots of 26s. A couple of guys, who shall go unnamed, Lyco and lobo, were this duals' sweepers, at 22. Normally, that's not a bad score, but this dual wasn't normal. Lyco, you might want to hop in the sauna and sweat this one out.

Well said. Congrats to Dr. TobiasZoidberg!! May be the last time this year, as the duals shall be infinitely more challenging to pick. Maybe Maryland and Buffalo won't be too bad.

And pawrestlersintn,
I have the Scuffle Rules handy too, if you want help...I can post...don't want to step on your little toes :).

Well said. Congrats to Dr. TobiasZoidberg!! May be the last time this year, as the duals shall be infinitely more challenging to pick. Maybe Maryland and Buffalo won't be too bad.

And pawrestlersintn,
I have the Scuffle Rules handy too, if you want help...I can post...don't want to step on your little toes :).
Thanks, Roar. I've got all of the KYPSW stuff in a folder, so I'll look over it and post it. Without looking, I think the examples use wrestlers' names, which I'll update to use some current wrestlers.

Some movin' and shakin' going on all over the YTD results in this last dual of 2017. For some, they moved up the leaderboard, and for others, they shook right down the board.

The big movers in the right direction for Indiana: difft moves up 14, while oldnittany1986 and Lyco1990 jump 12.

At the top of the leaderboard, though, nittinSC jumps six spots to claim first place, Tikk jumps 2 to second and Gumby79 jumps 4 into third. It didn't go unnoticed that HockeyGod wasn't quite as anxious this week to see the results, as he drops out of the top spot to fourth. Lionmd jumps 8 spots to a three way tie for 7th. However, one of those three would be left off the podium if the season ended today.

enhance

I hate to be that guy but my results might be messed up. I'm not sure how I could be tied for 4th this week but drop 10 spots in the rankings

It appears that something may have gone wrong with the spreadsheet. There are several scores that seem to be incorrect. Damn Russian hackers!

Reactions: HOCKEYGOD11
KYPSW Southern Scuffle Style

The Southern Scuffle is January 1st and 2nd. For KYPSW purposes, it is a stand-alone tournament. Points from this tournament do not count towards your season KYPSW score, but 8 podium positions will be determined for board bragging purposes. After all, who doesn’t want to say, “I was Southern Scuffle Champion.”

Penn State is expected to have 15 wrestlers competing at Reno. For each of those wrestlers:
(1) Pick where you believe the wrestler will place (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, or "Outside Top 8"); and
(2) Pick how many total bonus points the wrestler will score throughout the tournament.

You will be awarded "placement points" with respect to #1 above, as follows:
- 6 points for picking a wrestler's finish exactly, provided the wrestler places 1st-8th;
- 4 points for missing the wrestler's finish by one place, provided the wrestler places 1st-8th;
- 3 points for missing the wrestler's finish by two places, provided the wrestler places 1st-8th;
- 3 points for picking a wrestler to finish Outside Top 8, and he does, indeed, place outside the Top 8;
- 2 points for missing the wrestler's finish by three places, provided the wrestler places 1st-8th;
- 1 point for missing the wrestler's finish by four places, provided the wrestler places 1st-8th;
- 0 points for picking a wrestler to finish 1st-8th, but he actually finishes outside the Top 8.
- 0 points for picking a wrestler to finish Outside Top 8, but he actually finishes in the Top 8.

Then, you will be docked "take-away points" with respect to #2 above, as follows:
- 1 point subtracted for every bonus point by which your prediction differs from what the wrestler actually scores.

Addendum 1: Bonus points include points earned from a medical forfeit.
Addendum 2: If you fail to pick placement for any wrestler, you will score zero points for placement, minus the number of bonus points that wrestler earns.

A few specific examples to further illustrate the scoring:

Wrestler A
- You pick Wrestler A to finish 2nd and score a total of 3 bonus points during the tournament;
- Wrestler A does exactly that;
- You get 6 placement points, minus 0 take-away points, for a total of 6 points for your Wrestler A pick.

Wrestler B
- You pick Wrestler B to finish 1st and score a total of 3 bonus points;
- Wrestler B finishes 5th and scores 2 bonus points;
- You get 1 placement point, minus 1 take-away point, for a total of 0 points for your Wrestler B pick.

Wrestler C
- You pick Wrestler C to finish 8th and score 0 bonus points;
- Wrestler C finishes outside the Top 8 and scores 2 bonus points;
- You get 0 placement points, minus 2 take-away points, for a total of -2 points for your Wrestler C pick.

Wrestler D
- You pick Wrestler D to finish Outside Top 8 and score 1 bonus point;
- Wrestler D finishes outside the Top 8 and scores 0 bonus points;
- You get 3 placement points, minus 1 take-away point, for a total of 2 points for your Wrestler D pick.

As you can see under the Wrestler C example, it is possible to finish with a negative point total for a given wrestler. Remember, if you do not correctly predict someone's total bonus points exactly, the difference will be deducted from your score.

This contest should prove to be fairly challenging. Here are the tiebreaker criteria: (1) most placement points, (2) most FOS/BWI posts.

All picks must be posted in this thread prior to the start of the tournament, which is 10:00 Eastern time Monday, January 1.

enhance

Thank you for your thoughtful and considerate discretion. Fortunately, I'm in the camp that believes that any publicity is good publicity.

Yeah def not accurate right now.. Nittinsc was 2 back after last match and beat me by 2 and is now up on me... Tikk was 1 back after last match and beat me by 1 and is now 1 up on me.. Something is off..

Get on that pa ;-)

I hate to be that guy but my results might be messed up. I'm not sure how I could be tied for 4th this week but drop 10 spots in the rankings

It appears that something may have gone wrong with the spreadsheet. There are several scores that seem to be incorrect.

Something is off with the Season Standings after the Indiana dual.

I'll use my score and dice's score as an example.

Scores after the Lehigh dual:
Me: 78, 23, 101
Dice: 78, 22, 100

Scores from the Indiana dual:
Me: 20, 5, 25
Dice: 18, 6, 24

Posted Standings after the Lehigh dual:
Me: 96, 30, 126
Dice: 98, 29, 127

So I was ahead of Dice by 1 point after the Lehigh dual, and outscored him by 1 point in the Indiana dual, but in the Season Standings after the Indiana dual Dice is ahead of me by 1 point, in the overall standings. That makes no sense.

If you look at just the Picks numbers, again just focusing on Dice and myself, you find this:

Me:
After Lehigh: 78
Indiana score: 20
After Indiana total: listed as 96

How exactly did I lose 2 points here?

A similar thing is taking place with Dice:

Indiana score: 18
After Indiana total: 98

So Dice seems to have gained 2 points.

Something seems wrong on the Excel formulas used to generate the Season Standings after the Indiana dual.

So I was ahead of Dice by 1 point after the Lehigh dual, and outscored him by 1 point in the Indiana dual, but in the Season Standings after the Indiana dual Dice is ahead of me by 1 point, in the overall standings. That makes no sense.

If you look at just the Picks numbers, again just focusing on Dice and myself, you find this:

Me:

Something seems wrong on the Excel formulas used to generate the Season Standings after the Indiana dual.

Okay, so I didn't do any quality control after all of that sorting and manual stuff, but I know how HockeyGod likes to get those results as quickly as possible, so I rushed them out the door.

Ignore the YTD results until I get a chance to figure it out.

<Sigh>

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

enhance
Thank you, thank you. I would like to thank finals week for motivating me to procrastinate by researching my picks for this dual. Without You, none of this would be possible.

Reactions: dunkej01
Disregard everything I said about the YTD standings. I wish I could blame it on the spreadsheet, but it was a missed sort on my part. All corrected now. The only good news is this type of exercise continues to show me that my spreadsheet actually works, even when I don't.

enhance

Disregard everything I said about the YTD standings. I wish I could blame it on the spreadsheet, but it was a missed sort on my part. All corrected now. The only good news is this type of exercise continues to show me that my spreadsheet actually works, even when I don't.

much better now :) if you want to use vlookups, let me know and i can try to help

much better now :) if you want to use vlookups, let me know and i can try to help
I'm already using vlookups for a portion of it, although there may be better ways of using it. The sort I failed to do was on the initial data entry portion, and how that data gets used later on.

Me:

What you're missing here is the beaner I slipped him.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
These won't be my final picks, because we don't know who the 15 will be, but I'm going to put the starters in here now, as an example of how I'd like your picks put in.

125 Schnupp DNP 0
133 Keener 2 1
141 Cortez 2 1
149 Retherford 1 7.5
157 Nolf 1 7.5
165 Joseph 1 3
174 Hall 1 5
184 Nickal 1 7.5
197 Cassar 1 2.5
285 Nevills 1 3.5

125 - Devin Schnupp
133 - Dom Giannangeli
133 - Corey Keener
141 - Jered Cortez
141 - Nick Lee

149 - Bo Pipher
149 - Zain Retherford
149 - Jarod Verkleeren

157 - Jason Nolf
165 - Vincenzo Joseph

174 - Franny Bisono
174 - Mark Hall
184 - Bo Nickal

184 - Devon Van Cura
197 - Anthony Cassar
197 - Matt McCutcheon
197 - Shakur Rasheed

285 - Nick Nevills
285 - Alex Nicholas

I believe the red shirts are wrestling unattached and will not count on the overall team score and thus are not part of the 15 'scoring' wrestlers.

the only redshirts i see on here are lee and verkleeren. i believe the rest have all wrestled attached this season

sorry to be a PITA but can you link to me where you explained the rules for the scuffle or copy and paste a reply? Im lost and figure this will be asked by more than me.

Thanks in advance!

can't help but notice there are 19 names on that list
Teams can take as many as they want, though the Scuffle organizers limit a total number of wrestlers. Taking 19 isn't the most I've seen, as App St and Minny took in the low-20's four or five years ago (maybe longer).

With more than 15 non-redshirts, PSU must announce in advance the 15 possible scoring wrestlers. After that, it's simply the highest scoring wrestler at each weight class whose points count towards the team score.

Southern Scuffle

125 - Devin Schnupp (DNP, 0 Bonus)
133 - Dom Giannangeli/George Carpenter (DNP, 1 Bonus)
133 - Corey Keener (4th, 1 Bonus)
141 - Jered Cortez (4th, 4 Bonus)
141 - Nick Lee (3rd, 2.5 Bonus)
149 - Bo Pipher (DNP, 2 Bonus)
149 - Zain Retherford (1st, 8.5 Bonus)
149 - Jarod Verkleeren (7th, 1 Bonus)
157 - Jason Nolf (1st, 8.5 Bonus)
165 - Vincenzo Joseph (1st, 3 Bonus)
174 - Franny Bisono (DNP, 0 Bonus)
174 - Mark Hall (1st, 6 Bonus)
184 - Bo Nickal (1st, 8.5 Bonus)
184 - Devon Van Cura (Not listed, DNP, 0 Bonus)
197 - Anthony Cassar (1st, 1.5 Bonus)
197 - Matt McCutcheon (2nd, 2.5 Bonus)
197 - Shakur Rasheed (6th, 3.5 Bonus)
285 - Nick Nevills (1st, 4 Bonus)
285 - Alex Nicholas (DNP, 0 Bonus)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT