ADVERTISEMENT

Kicking game?

LafayetteBear

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2009
I didn't get to see much of yesterday's game because I was at a wedding reception, but I understand that Pinegar missed two (2) field goal attempts, and that the punter (Stoudt?) was apparently brought in to attempt the last minute 57-yard field goal that came up a bit short. Not sure if that was because Pinegar simply does not have enough "leg" for an attempt of that distance, or if the coaches were down on Pinegar after the two misses.

Were Pinegar's two missed attempts from a considerable distance? Don't see any threads discussing the effect of the kicking game in yesterdays' game, and I am curious.

PSU was gifted a fumble by Indiana with two seconds left in the first half inside the ten. Pinegar clanked a chip shot off the left upright. One of many blown opportunities by PSU.

His other miss was way wide left from 47 I think

Franklin has said its Pinegar inside the 50 and Stout 50 and out

Reactions: ChandlerPearce
I believe that Stoudt does have a stronger leg and is usually used in these long attempts. Keep in mind Stoudt does the kicking off also.

I didn't get to see much of yesterday's game because I was at a wedding reception, but I understand that Pinegar missed two (2) field goal attempts, and that the punter (Stoudt?) was apparently brought in to attempt the last minute 57-yard field goal that came up a bit short. Not sure if that was because Pinegar simply does not have enough "leg" for an attempt of that distance, or if the coaches were down on Pinegar after the two misses.

Were Pinegar's two missed attempts from a considerable distance? Don't see any threads discussing the effect of the kicking game in yesterdays' game, and I am curious.
Pinegar boinked the upright from 25 yards out right before half (pretty much summed up the first half) and also missed from 47 yards. Pinegar doesn't have that range, and Stoudt is used as the "long distance" kicker. Stoudt made a 57 yarder last year against sPITT. IMHO, Stoudt should be doing all the place kicking work to add to his kickoff and punting duties.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT