ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Harris credits wrestling

The Shelter

Dec 17, 2016
The new Washington Commanders lead owner (also owns the 76ers and Jersey Devils) credits wrestling for his success:
A Chevy Chase native and the son of an orthodontist who was a college rower at the University of Pennsylvania, Harris attended The Field School in DC. At age nine, he later told Forbes, he won a wrestling tournament at a summer camp and fell in love with the sport.

Harris says the lessons he learned on the mat helped him turn B and C grades into A grades in high school, graduate summa cum laude from Penn—where he also wrestled—and excel in the financial world. “When I first started wrestling at a more competitive level, I wasn’t running, I wasn’t training as hard, I would lose badly,” he told Forbes. “You lose in wrestling, you’re literally physically dominated. That was a real lesson for life that hard work and grit and tenacity led to more positive outcomes.”

Being a wrestling fan, a Penn Grad and a lifelong Sixers fan, I want to like Josh Harris, but I don’t.

Just another rich kid treating the sports teams he owns as a plaything and not really caring about the fans.
Hey, trust the process. 🤡😂
Always Sunny Fx GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT