ADVERTISEMENT

Joey McKenna to PSU??

Um, he's talking about if McKenna did come to PSU he would redshirt and step in at 149 after Zain is gone.
That's not the way it's written. "McKenna might outperform them for 2 years," where them refers to our incoming guys in that weight range is more consistent with him being a nut than a Nitt.

Is Pletcher at 133 really dropping down a weight? Wasn't he redshirting at 133 until bumping up to 141 to fill in for the injured Hayes?

If McKenna transfers to tOSU, very doubtful he redshirts in 2017-18. With NaTo, BoJo, and Snyder all in their final season, Ryan will be all in, and that includes McKenna in the lineup. Either at 141 (if Hayes isn't recovered) or at 149 (Jordan moves to 157). Obviously, the latter scenario is better for Brutus, since essentially McKenna replaces Burcher in the lineup.
Yes, Bruce, I agree that McKenna absolutely would start this coming year at tOSU--maximize team with a great senior class. I was referring to McKenna shirting if he came to PSU, since we have Zain! ;)

Didn't read the other posts, before my response. Yes, I didn't word it very well. NoVa is correct in discerning what I was trying to say. I was comparing McKenna results as a Lion vs our recruit results. I would think that McKenna would score more in his 2 years, than our great recruits likely would (though not guaranteed). My point is simply that I'm very happy with our recruits!

That's not the way it's written. "McKenna might outperform them for 2 years," where them refers to our incoming guys in that weight range is more consistent with him being a nut than a Nitt.

How so. McKenna finished 3rd as a greyshirt frosh. Not to mention that tomsc was on the PSU wrestling team, albeit it not recently. :oops:

If McKenna does end up at OSU, I could see him redshirting in 2018-19 after the big3 graduate.

This could be a giant reload year and Myles Martin, and Luke Pletcher also could redshirt this season. I think Te'Shan Campbell still has a redshirt too if I'm not mistaken.

This would allow Heinselman to take over 125 after a redshirt, and David Carr to take over 157 with Micah graduating.

If McKenna does end up at OSU, I could see him redshirting in 2018-19 after the big3 graduate.

This could be a giant reload year and Myles Martin, and Luke Pletcher also could redshirt this season. I think Te'Shan Campbell still has a redshirt too if I'm not mistaken.

This would allow Heinselman to take over 125 after a redshirt, and David Carr to take over 157 with Micah graduating.

I don't think that'd be smart. I think with Nato, Bojo, and Snyder all being pretty much guaranteed top 3 you wrestle him this year. Psu won't be much worse in two years with Nickal, Nolf, Nevills all being seniors.

I don't think that'd be smart. I think with Nato, Bojo, and Snyder all being pretty much guaranteed top 3 you wrestle him this year. Psu won't be much worse in two years with Nickal, Nolf, Nevills all being seniors.

You flunk Reading Comprehension 101.

Didn't even realize McKenna was over there competing. I don't think there's video of any of these matches, unfortunately.

kIiyE0U.jpg

I see McKenna posting several pics with tOSU wrestlers. What is the holdup in him making an announcement? Seems odd that an answer to his commitment has not been forthcoming given the winks and nods.

I see McKenna posting several pics with tOSU wrestlers. What is the holdup in him making an announcement? Seems odd that an answer to his commitment has not been forthcoming given the winks and nods.
People on this board have been hoping that Suriano is the holdup.

Paperwork?

Back in the olden days, there was this special breed of human that didn't announce or report news until it was official. Many thought it fell victim to extinction at the hands of social media and fake journalists . . . perhaps there is a small relic population clinging to life somewhere.

Paperwork?

Back in the olden days, there was this special breed of human that didn't announce or report news until it was official. Many thought it fell victim to extinction at the hands of social media and fake journalists . . . perhaps there is a small relic population clinging to life somewhere.
but at tOSU though?

but at tOSU though?

The (hidden) serious part of my post hints at the continued possibility of another contender...A certain school/coach with a good track record of not announcing or hinting at anything publicly until all the signatures are in. ;)

The (hidden) serious part of my post hints at the continued possibility of another contender...A certain school/coach with a good track record of not announcing or hinting at anything publicly until all the signatures are in. ;)
So... guardedly optimistic?

From the Ohio wrestling board, McKenna was to announce Sunday according to his dad but didn't and he apparently was at the LVAC golf outing on Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT