ADVERTISEMENT

Joey McKenna to PSU??

Would be nice if PSU could get some points out of 197. tOSU certainly in reach. 1 injury away from being the favorite.

For anyone interested, here's Pruesse's post...

Discussion Topic: Joey McKenna
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 23, 2017

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"McKenna would go 141 unless there's an arrangement for him to move up to 149 and Micah to 157."

Bingo, either an option, probably the latter.

wont be Lehigh, he would have said so already, its ohio st or penn st which ohio st usually loses these head to heads -- but not this time.

If McKenna does end up at OSU, and NATO goes 125.... I would love to hear 21Guns thoughts? Maybe someone could bring up a Big Tournament thread since the implosion will carry similar content??

I still don't understand how anyone would suggest this pickup would any way tip the balance next season with Penn State. OSU has world class talent, but they are not the level of PSU in terms of mat wrestling and the ability to pile up bonus and in the end , that will still remain the difference in separation whether McKenna joins tOSU or not IMO.

wont be Lehigh, he would have said so already, its ohio st or penn st which ohio st usually loses these head to heads -- but not this time.
Seems like fuzzy reasoning. It's been a month -- that logic could be applied to DQ any school.

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"McKenna would go 141 unless there's an arrangement for him to move up to 149 and Micah to 157."

McKenna at 149 and Jordan at 157 seems to make much more sense than at 141 and 157. Who would Tan Tom rather have in the lineup, Hayes at 141 (former scenario) or Burcher at 157 (latter scenario)? Seems like a no-brainer.

McKenna at 149 and Jordan at 157 seems to make much more sense than at 141 and 157. Who would Tan Tom rather have in the lineup, Hayes at 141 (former scenario) or Burcher at 157 (latter scenario)? Seems like a no-brainer.

I think some believe it depends on Hayes' recovery from an injury. If he's healthy, he mans 141. If not, then McKenna.

Why do you Penn State people really care where any one who transfers goes?
Be realistic with what you have from 149 to hwt is enough to win the champ
ships what the heck be happy with that.[/QUOTE]

Why does man go to the moon?

Why does man want to explore a world that is flat?

Why does a man want to split an atom?

If you answer that you understand WHY we want mckenna.

We want every record the hawks have.

Its.

That.

Simple.

:)

ships what the heck be happy with that.

Why does man go to the moon?

Why does man want to explore a world that is flat?

Why does a man want to split an atom?

If you answer that you understand WHY we want mckenna.

We want every record the hawks have.

Its.

That.

Simple.

:)[/QUOTE]

Well good for you. So that will get u what?
Won't bother me any cause will not live that long to have to listen to your bull shit.
What ever makes your boat float they say, but then even sometimes when you have it all it is not enough you still want more.
Then for some reason you are left with the only one that really gives a shit.

Won't bother me any cause will not live that long to have to listen to your bull shit.
What ever makes your boat float they say, but then even sometimes when you have it all it is not enough you still want more.
I want it all!!

That includes a translator that can decipher your post.

Reactions: diggerpup

Hitting return a couple times didn't help..

Bitter much?

Keep trying to convince yourself that you don't care. Clearly Cael dominates your thoughts

Tight thought we were boys.....

I want Cael to crush all before him because I am a Philadelphia fan and have had my professional sports hopes cruelly crushed for decades. For example, what other city has had 2 possible all-timers die tragically in their prime (Pelle Lindbergh and Jerome Brown). I want payback!

Funny to me anyway.

I'm pretty sure we're just talking wrestling because we enjoy it -- not because we're unhappy with the PSU roster or are otherwise concerned we do not have the horses for another title. What's wrong with a little analysis?

Come on Minn it's all in f $@. Don't be so serious.

Reactions: diggerpup
Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

Reactions: T J
I want Cael to crush all before him because I am a Philadelphia fan and have had my professional sports hopes cruelly crushed for decades. For example, what other city has had 2 possible all-timers die tragically in their prime (Pelle Lindbergh and Jerome Brown). I want payback!

Well CT when you put it like that I almost want to wish Philly well (except for the Flyers).

I think/hope that Nick can handle Nato...Zain called him the strongest pound for pound guy in the room. He has a tank that doesn't run out and (as long as he doesn't transfer to RU), I am fine with our chances with NS...

I have to agree with that. NATO cutting to 125 IMHO will just not be the same wrestler. That said at BIGs and NCAAs if he makes the final the cut won't be as big a deal since he will weigh in many hours before the finals. That is especially true at NCAAs where the weigh in would be 12+ hours AND he wouldn't have to make weight again for quite some time.

And remember, PSU is only successful because of money. Now that that has been established, it's all over.

Because HR is convinced money is the issue (the latest domino), they have been fundraising. What do they do when, inevitably, it brings them no closer to a title?

I think/hope that Nick can handle Nato...Zain called him the strongest pound for pound guy in the room. He has a tank that doesn't run out and (as long as he doesn't transfer to RU), I am fine with our chances with NS...

The Nick to Rutgers rumor is hilarious. I've had contact with a few people fairly close to NIck over the past couple years (including Nick) and they have all indicated that Nick is thrilled to be in State College. Upset about how his injury was handled? That one is made of whole cloth. Maybe upset that he got injured and frustrated that four titles became impossible.

With Keener at 133 no matter who is at 141, this fan base should reasonably think 10 AA is possible. not saying it will happen but i 100% think we could have 10 slotted in AA positions in rankings during this upcoming season.

I was looking up the list of past AAs for Penn State and didn't know there were 8 in 1987. Anyway, 10 AAs and 6 champions sound nice next year.

Funny to me anyway.
Some don't get too caught up in this at all. Outside my control, so whatever happens...happens. Either way, he should do whatever is best for him and his family.

Reactions: minnhawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT