ADVERTISEMENT

Jay comments

If Jay doesn't need to work to provide for his family, good for him!

However, Jay did sue Penn State back in 2014 claiming that he wanted to work coaching college football (and that Penn State's actions in 2012 are preventing him from doing so).

Based on that lawsuit --- I do think it's safe to say Jay WANTS to coach college football.
and here's hoping Jay wins!!!

Reactions: marshall23
He probably does...on his terms. Which, schools are apparently unwilling to give. Fact is, and this is a fact, he coached two different All Big Ten QB's who were also All B1G MVP's. Can you name me an offensive coordinator in the B1G that had that accomplishment?

Two? Who was the second B1G offensive player of the year Jay coached besides Michael Robinson?

Tom Herman was the QB coach (and OC) when Braxton Miller won back-to-back B1G offensive player of the year awards. He parlayed that into a promotion beyond Ohio State (and had enough success at that job to get yet another promotion).

Two? Who was the second B1G offensive player of the year Jay coached besides Michael Robinson?

Tom Herman was the QB coach (and OC) when Braxton Miller won back-to-back B1G offensive player of the year awards. He parlayed that into a promotion beyond Ohio State (and had enough success at that job to get yet another promotion).

Daryll Clark:

Clark was co-winner, with Michigan’s Brandon Graham, of the 2009 Chicago Tribune Silver Football, awarded by the Chicago Tribune to the college football player determined to be the Most Valuable Player of the Big Ten Conference.[18] It was the first time two players have shared the award since its establishment in 1924.[18] He also was named ECAC Player of the Year.[19]

Miller's awards, weren't under the same OC IIRC. Even if they were, the tOSU team won the last three games (and a NC) without him playing so that tells you what kind of talent they had.

Daryll Clark:

Clark was co-winner, with Michigan’s Brandon Graham, of the 2009 Chicago Tribune Silver Football, awarded by the Chicago Tribune to the college football player determined to be the Most Valuable Player of the Big Ten Conference.[18] It was the first time two players have shared the award since its establishment in 1924.[18] He also was named ECAC Player of the Year.[19]

Miller's awards, weren't under the same OC IIRC. Even if they were, the tOSU team won the last three games (and a NC) without him playing so that tells you what kind of talent they had.
Hey hey Hey I hate when people use facts in an argument

Daryll Clark:

Thx --- wasn't looking at the Chicago Tribune award. Although it is weird, John Clay (Wisconsin RB) won the coaches' offensive player of the year award in 2009.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Ten_Conference_football_individual_awards

Thx --- wasn't looking at the Chicago Tribune award. Although it is weird, John Clay (Wisconsin RB) won the coaches' offensive player of the year award in 2009.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Ten_Conference_football_individual_awards

OK...I understand. On Clay, he led the B1G in rushing in 2009 and was named to Playboy's AA team. He was on the "10 Diak Walker, Walter Camp and Maxwell Awards watch list but tore his ACL and missed the last three games. He still ended up with 1.012 years on 5.4 YPC that year. He was on pace to have a better 10 than 9.

Michnitt... you know nothing of value and have nothing to say of value.... why don't you go slobber on your favorite MM selfies or suck on your MM pacifier..... it will calm you down ... and save us from your frantic childish bullshit.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Jay talked about his love for PSU. He said that PSU didn't do anything wrong to disparage his father, the university, and the football team. He said that it was just a few OGBOT that did those things and that's the reason he's running for the BOT. He was asked if he keeps in contact with Franklin and he said minimally. He said that if he was in Franklin's position he wouldn't want any of his predecessors chiming in and giving unsolicited opinions about how they used to do things.

The one thing he did say was that you could be a PSU football fan and still push for the truth, that those two things are not mutually exclusive. I guess that's a shot at the move on crowd,
You can also be a fan and want to move on. That fact is lost on many here.

I saw Jay speak last Thursday. He was highly complimentary of the team and a number of players, most notably Trace and Saquon. He mentioned not only their on-field talents, but said he has had the chance to meet and talk with Trace and thinks highly of him.

I don't recall him saying anything about Franklin specifically last Thursday, but he praised the offense overall. From what others have told me who have seen it first-hand, the Paterno family and Franklin have a very good relationship, just not out in front of public view.

Scott also has been highly supportive of PSU football and all sports. The family attends all home football games, from what I hear, and from what Jay intimated the other night. Sue has been spotted at hockey, bball, and other games. I get the strong impression that they hold no animosity toward any teams or coaches and remain as strong as PSU athletics supporters as anyone.

They can somehow separate what the OGBOT did to JVP, and their ongoing love for all things PSU. People like to project their own assumptions, but this family has an uncommon strength that many of us cannot fully comprehend. I admire it; I'm not sure I could do it all that well.

So there's that.

This disappoints me greatly. I was hoping for a civil war of epic proportions between the Paternos and the athletic department. :eek:

Reactions: TheGLOV
from a book signing that I hadn't heard before:
  • He said that 2011 was going to be Joe's last year even if the JS scandal wouldn't have happened. Joe didn't want to announce it because he wanted the focus to be on the team, not himself.
  • Jay said that a succession plan was being worked on and that Joe's only request was to keep some of the assistant coaches in place for continuity.
  • Somebody asked if Urban Meyer was on the list and he wouldn't answer. Jay said that he was never considered.
  • Jay said that during the post JS search for a new coach, the top early candidate said that he would only take the job if Joe would be allowed to introduce him as the new HC. The BOT said absolutely not so he withdrew his name from consideration.
  • Jay said that he's a huge OSU fan for two reasons. He said that he was afraid of the abuse he would take when the teams traveled to Columbus on November 19th. But on his way into the stadium many fans came up to him and said what the BOT did to Joe was wrong. He also said that Joe and Urban Meyer were good friends and that to this day Meyer has 3 photos of himself with Joe in his office.
  • I asked if the C&S plea deals and Spanier guilty verdict would have any bearing on the Paterno lawsuit. He said absolutely not and was quite confident that the charge against Spanier would be reversed on appeal. Other than that he said that he was not at liberty to discuss the case.
  • Jay asked for everybody's vote for the BOT. One thing he mentioned was that the OGBOT increased the size of the board to 36 so that the insiders wouldn't be out voted by the alumni elected members.
  • A number of former players don't kike the renovations to the Lasch Building. Too flashy, not in the Penn State tradition.
  • Jay talked about Joe's players being clean shaven with short hair. He said it was Joe's way of asking kids to sacrifice in order to be part of something bigger than themselves. He told a story where Joe discussed these rules with the team but that he gave Tamba Hali a special exemption since he wasn't told about them while being recruited. The next day Hali came to practice with a clean shaven head because he didn't think he should be treated differently.

I would take everything Jay says with a grain of salt for several reasons First of which he would have no idea what the adm. would be thinking also how would he know about any possible coaching scenarios , yes maybe his father mentioned a few things to him but not necessarily what would happen In short as stated take with a grain of salt and know this don't believe what Jay says at all

I would take everything Jay says with a grain of salt for several reasons First of which he would have no idea what the adm. would be thinking also how would he know about any possible coaching scenarios , yes maybe his father mentioned a few things to him but not necessarily what would happen In short as stated take with a grain of salt and know this don't believe what Jay says at all

Wow. You're so articulate.

What? Hitting the bottle again?

Reactions: BBrown and Bob78
Some day please ask yourself why you go out of your way to say nasty things about a family that has done nothing but try to represent this University in the best way possible and makes extra effort to help many needy groups in the SC area. Are you envious? You are disgusting.

He keeps telling himself he's going to heavan. Now, which religion condones his behavior is beyond me.

Leo, nice to see you again! How've you been, you ****ing piece of shit?
ART, since u call me by name do u even know me? Bet u never called me a piece of shit in person. Another internet sensation.

Reactions: _fugazi_
Figure it out yourself, junior.
Ah, ur really going to b cryptic. Nice. Have a great day . Nice u can't be specific. All is well. Have a nice day ART. BTW, again, where u meet me where I left? .........

Michnitt... you know nothing of value and have nothing to say of value.... why don't you go slobber on your favorite MM selfies or suck on your MM pacifier..... it will calm you down ... and save us from your frantic childish bullshit.

I'm curious ........ who is this "MM" that I am "slobbering" over?

Matt Millen? Definitely not, given I am a Detroit Lions fan!

Mike McQueary? I'm fairly indifferent on him.

Mario Manningham? Given I like Penn State more than I like Michigan --- no, I don't like hearing his name.

Michael Moore? While I lean Democratic in my politics, this guy is just a bomb-thrower. Not overly fond of him.

Michael Madsen? Mr. Blonde was a pretty cool character. Although a little psychotic as well .... I'll pass on hanging out with him.

Mandy Moore? Now, here we go. I DO like her. Nice tall elegant brunette ........

I'm curious ........ who is this "MM" that I am "slobbering" over?

Matt Millen? Definitely not, given I am a Detroit Lions fan!

Mike McQueary? I'm fairly indifferent on him.

Mario Manningham? Given I like Penn State more than I like Michigan --- no, I don't like hearing his name.

Michael Moore? While I lean Democratic in my politics, this guy is just a bomb-thrower. Not overly fond of him.

Michael Madsen? Mr. Blonde was a pretty cool character. Although a little psychotic as well .... I'll pass on hanging out with him.

Mandy Moore? Now, here we go. I DO like her. Nice tall elegant brunette ........

Marcel Marcieu?

Oh so sorry In other words Jay is full of it

Share what you know that leads you to this opinion.
If it is just your opinion, that's fine, but to be so certain about this contrarian opinion, you should be able to back it up.

I'm curious, mj.... What does 1962 refer to? Year of birth? Year of graduation?

Reactions: Zenophile

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT