ADVERTISEMENT

Jay comments

Art, last time we had this discussion you admitted you didn't know the full story.

You still don't.

Faker.

Another one with information from the Faculty Hotline. So why don't you ask your sources if they have anything on paper, correspondence, undertakings, agreements between Meyer and Penn State. And ask yourself, you horse's ass, why Meyer, wouldn't want something in writing memorializing his "agreement" with PSU?

But you want the whole story? Call Michael Carpenter or Trace Armstrong.

Another one with information from the Faculty Hotline. So why don't you ask your sources if they have anything on paper, correspondence, undertakings, agreements between Meyer and Penn State. And ask yourself, you horse's ass, why Meyer, wouldn't want something in writing memorializing his "agreement" with PSU?

But you want the whole story? Call Michael Carpenter or Trace Armstrong.

*You* don't know the full story. *You* are a faker.

And you do? Let's hear it, asshole.

Nope, I told you very clearly last time what I knew and didn't know (specifically, I don't know anything from the OSU or PSU side), and most of what I said was then confirmed in that thread by Lubrano. As I remember, you were very quiet after that.

Now you're the big, tough know-it-all again who has to resort to calling me "asshole".

You are a faker.

Reactions: _fugazi_
Nope, I told you very clearly last time what I knew and didn't know (specifically, I don't know anything from the OSU or PSU side), and most of what I said was then confirmed in that thread by Lubrano. As I remember, you were very quiet after that.

Now you're the big, tough know-it-all again who has to resort to calling me "asshole".

You are a faker.

Yeah, Lubrano knows what what took place before he got on the BoT, particularly from the OSU side, because everything in this world runs through State College, PA.

I have no recollection of the what you're talking about, but stay in your fantasy world, you doddering fool.

Reactions: TheGLOV and 91Joe95
Yeah, Lubrano knows what what took place before he got on the BoT, particularly from the OSU side, because everything in this world runs through State College, PA.

I have no recollection of the what you're talking about, but stay in your fantasy world, you doddering fool.

As I recall, Lubrano said he got his info from Joe. I got my info from a friend of Meyer. Where'd you get your info? A newspaper or magazine article?

Faker.

:)

Reactions: _fugazi_
I don't get the upset mentioned by Jay and some former players re the locker room / lasch renovations. That is the way of the world in elite programs. When I think of Paterno teams at Penn State, I think of high quality student athletes. Franklin has carried on that tradition. He is just doing it with a little more pizzazz. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't get the upset mentioned by Jay and some former players re the locker room / lasch renovations. That is the way of the world in elite programs. When I think of Paterno teams at Penn State, I think of high quality student athletes. Franklin has carried on that tradition. He is just doing it with a little more pizzazz. Nothing wrong with that.
The belief that we would be able to compete for blue chip recruits consistently with bare bones facilities is laughable. What the former players don't realize is that PSU did have the best facilities back in the day. Yeah, they weren't flashy, but no one had flash back then. The Lasch building was top of the line when it was built. Most schools didn't have an IPF when Holuba was built. Our weight room was massive when it was first constructed. Joe's office was ridiculous. Lasch itself was huge and somewhat unique. Well, teams have caught up and surpassed us. This Lasch renovation merely got us back to competing with the best again.

Reactions: bsmith51
Jay saying a bunch of stuff that (1) makes him look good, (2) makes his Dad look good, and (3) makes his enemies (e.g., the BoT) look bad.

Nothing surprising there!

Every time you come out with that bitter Wolverine bull sh!t of yours, i realize that some Penn State football player probably stole your girlfriend.

So your advice to Jay is to "say a bunch of stuff that" 1.) Makes him look bad, 2.) Makes his Dad look bad, and 3.) Makes his enemies look good?

"Nothing surprising there!" coming from you. Keep us posted on your Jimmy's trip to Italy.

Reactions: Bob78
Every time you come out with that bitter Wolverine bull sh!t of yours, i realize that some Penn State football player probably stole your girlfriend.

So your advice to Jay is to "say a bunch of stuff that" 1.) Makes him look bad, 2.) Makes his Dad look bad, and 3.) Makes his enemies look good?

"Nothing surprising there!" coming from you. Keep us posted on your Jimmy's trip to Italy.

Poor michie had a tough weekend. While celebrating that UM had 11 players drafted, he probably came to the realization that super coach Jimmy could only muster back to back 3rd place finishes in the B1G East with all that talent and that maybe Jimmy's not quite the super coach that he's been touted as being.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and colt21

Yea I agree. Those things had to be done to stay competitive both on the field and in recruiting, we may not like it but thats the way its
currently trending. I would think the "former players" should know this better than anyone.
Geez all this time I thought it was the "older" fan base that continually ripped O'Brien for the names on the backs of the jerseys. :confused:

Reactions: bsmith51
This is a serious question: has Jay said anything positive about the current Penn State team and last year's Big Ten title, and has he ever said anything positive about Coach Franklin?

This is a serious question: has Jay said anything positive about the current Penn State team and last year's Big Ten title, and has he ever said anything positive about Coach Franklin?

Jay has said nice things about Coach Franklin and the 2014-2016 teams.

Jay went out of his way to make back-handed comments about Bill O'Brien and the 2012-2013 teams, however. And I think it's highly likely he was a source for that Sports Illustrated story in May 2013.

I saw Jay speak last Thursday. He was highly complimentary of the team and a number of players, most notably Trace and Saquon. He mentioned not only their on-field talents, but said he has had the chance to meet and talk with Trace and thinks highly of him.

I don't recall him saying anything about Franklin specifically last Thursday, but he praised the offense overall. From what others have told me who have seen it first-hand, the Paterno family and Franklin have a very good relationship, just not out in front of public view.

Scott also has been highly supportive of PSU football and all sports. The family attends all home football games, from what I hear, and from what Jay intimated the other night. Sue has been spotted at hockey, bball, and other games. I get the strong impression that they hold no animosity toward any teams or coaches and remain as strong as PSU athletics supporters as anyone.

They can somehow separate what the OGBOT did to JVP, and their ongoing love for all things PSU. People like to project their own assumptions, but this family has an uncommon strength that many of us cannot fully comprehend. I admire it; I'm not sure I could do it all that well.

So there's that.

Last edited:
You would. Moron.

Well, somebody was a source for that story. The source was likely someone who: (1) didn't like Bill O'Brien, (2) thought he could benefit from Bill O'Brien being embarrassed by the story, (3) had enough animosity toward PSU football that they wanted to embarrass the program, and (4) had enough sources within the Lasch Building to gather the information for the story.

Jay wasn't the only person who fit all four. But he does fit all four .......

Well, somebody was a source for that story. The source was likely someone who: (1) didn't like Bill O'Brien, (2) thought he could benefit from Bill O'Brien being embarrassed by the story, (3) had enough animosity toward PSU football that they wanted to embarrass the program, and (4) had enough sources within the Lasch Building to gather the information for the story.

Jay wasn't the only person who fit all four. But he does fit all four .......

virtually anyone who was in the sports program before 2011 qualifies for those criteria. at that time, the University was recovering from a massive power vacuum left by the ouster of Spanier, Curley, Spider, Sabatianni (sp?), and that entire staff. Could have been MM or any of the former coaches...and I don't mean football, I am also talking about woman's BB and fencing.

So, my point is, suggesting Jay is highly, HIGHLY speculative.

As I recall, Lubrano said he got his info from Joe. I got my info from a friend of Meyer. Where'd you get your info? A newspaper or magazine article?

Faker.

:)

Where did I get my info? You are going to call me a "faker" if I tell you, so I'm not going to even bother.

Jay needs to get a job.

But it Louis Freeh's fault Jay doesn't have a job coaching football!

No check that --- it's John Surma's fault Jay doesn't have a job coaching football!

No no no --- it's Mark Emmert's fault Jay doesn't have a job coaching football!

No no no no no --- it's Bill O'Brien's fault Jay doesn't have a job coaching football!

Et cetera, et cetera. All sorts of people, none of them named Jay, of course.

Interesting to read the insults that result from not hearing what you want to hear.

Jay's in a no win situation. If he says anything about the current team a faction of fans will parse every word and claim it was either positive or negative depending upon what they think of Jay. For example, if he said Trace McSorely is a solid quarterback some people would claim it was praise for Trace. Others would say the word "solid" was really a backhanded compliment and Jay should keep his mouth shut.

On the other hand, if Jay avoids publicly commenting about the current team another faction of fans will criticize him and claim he hates Franklin as evidenced by his refusal to publicly support him.

Reactions: BBrown
Jay has said nice things about Coach Franklin and the 2014-2016 teams.

Jay went out of his way to make back-handed comments about Bill O'Brien and the 2012-2013 teams, however. And I think it's highly likely he was a source for that Sports Illustrated story in May 2013.

Jay talked about his love for PSU. He said that PSU didn't do anything wrong to disparage his father, the university, and the football team. He said that it was just a few OGBOT that did those things and that's the reason he's running for the BOT. He was asked if he keeps in contact with Franklin and he said minimally. He said that if he was in Franklin's position he wouldn't want any of his predecessors chiming in and giving unsolicited opinions about how they used to do things.

The one thing he did say was that you could be a PSU football fan and still push for the truth, that those two things are not mutually exclusive. I guess that's a shot at the move on crowd,

Joe Paterno is great, and was great for PSU. JAY, it's obvious of his coaching abilities. ZERO . Move on Jay. U can't suck tit no more from home. Noone to bring u on or protect u. Heck Jay, how did u get to walk on, u never even started for your high school team. PATH

No check that --- it's John Surma's fault Jay doesn't have a job coaching football!

No no no no no --- it's Bill O'Brien's fault Jay doesn't have a job coaching football!

Oh please, no matter what one might think of Jay's coaching abilities, it is blatantly obvious that, but for the scandal, he would have had the ability to coach somewhere in the college football world. There are lots of coaching legacies out there who benefitted from their last names...Holtz, Bowden, etc. You just hate Jay because you get your jollies being an insufferable jerk.

Maybe it is simply because he's decided he doesn't want to move.

Oh please, no matter what one might think of Jay's coaching abilities, it is blatantly obvious that, but for the scandal, he would have had the ability to coach somewhere in the college football world. There are lots of coaching legacies out there who benefitted from their last names...Holtz, Bowden, etc. You just hate Jay because you get your jollies being an insufferable jerk.

Jay Paterno wasn't implicated in the scandal.

Jay Paterno's name was mentioned zero times in the Freeh Report.

Nobody --- myself included --- suggests Jay Paterno is guilty of anything (moral or legal) as regards Sandusky.

Numerous other Penn State assistants from 2011 who weren't implicated in the scandal are coaching college footbal today.

Jay Paterno (and his acolytes) using the scandal as a reason for his current coaching status? Given all the above, it just doesn't compute.

What does compute? That's Jay's colleagues (both fellow coaches and players coached) don't think much of him. Michael Mauti's comments about Jay say A LOT.

Last edited:
Maybe it is simply because he's decided he doesn't want to move.

Perhaps. But --- per his own lawsuit --- Jay did apply for jobs at all of Boston College, Colorado, Connecticut and James Madison.

Coaching college football isn't a job where one can work remote, of course.

Perhaps. But --- per his own lawsuit --- Jay did apply for jobs at all of Boston College, Colorado, Connecticut and James Madison.

Coaching college football isn't a job where one can work remote, of course.

If you can't get the job you want, you don't take the ones offered.

maybe Jay has worked himself into work optional lifestyle, and from your comments, you sound jealous.

maybe Jay has worked himself into work optional lifestyle, and from your comments, you sound jealous.

If Jay doesn't need to work to provide for his family, good for him!

However, Jay did sue Penn State back in 2014 claiming that he wanted to work coaching college football (and that Penn State's actions in 2012 are preventing him from doing so).

Based on that lawsuit --- I do think it's safe to say Jay WANTS to coach college football.

from a book signing that I hadn't heard before:
  • He said that 2011 was going to be Joe's last year even if the JS scandal wouldn't have happened. Joe didn't want to announce it because he wanted the focus to be on the team, not himself.
  • Jay said that a succession plan was being worked on and that Joe's only request was to keep some of the assistant coaches in place for continuity.
  • Somebody asked if Urban Meyer was on the list and he wouldn't answer. Jay said that he was never considered.
  • Jay said that during the post JS search for a new coach, the top early candidate said that he would only take the job if Joe would be allowed to introduce him as the new HC. The BOT said absolutely not so he withdrew his name from consideration.
  • Jay said that he's a huge OSU fan for two reasons. He said that he was afraid of the abuse he would take when the teams traveled to Columbus on November 19th. But on his way into the stadium many fans came up to him and said what the BOT did to Joe was wrong. He also said that Joe and Urban Meyer were good friends and that to this day Meyer has 3 photos of himself with Joe in his office.
  • I asked if the C&S plea deals and Spanier guilty verdict would have any bearing on the Paterno lawsuit. He said absolutely not and was quite confident that the charge against Spanier would be reversed on appeal. Other than that he said that he was not at liberty to discuss the case.
  • Jay asked for everybody's vote for the BOT. One thing he mentioned was that the OGBOT increased the size of the board to 36 so that the insiders wouldn't be out voted by the alumni elected members.
  • A number of former players don't kike the renovations to the Lasch Building. Too flashy, not in the Penn State tradition.
  • Jay talked about Joe's players being clean shaven with short hair. He said it was Joe's way of asking kids to sacrifice in order to be part of something bigger than themselves. He told a story where Joe discussed these rules with the team but that he gave Tamba Hali a special exemption since he wasn't told about them while being recruited. The next day Hali came to practice with a clean shaven head because he didn't think he should be treated differently.

Those former players need to give it a rest. They are exhausting. As for players being clean shaven--that's all dandy and fine and it was Joe's way of asking kids to sacrifice. Well, Franklin tells kids they need to sacrifice everyday--kinda part of his mantra. Different methods, same results.

However, Jay did sue Penn State back in 2014 claiming that he wanted to work coaching college football (and that Penn State's actions in 2012 are preventing him from doing so).

Based on that lawsuit --- I do think it's safe to say Jay WANTS to coach college football.
Some day please ask yourself why you go out of your way to say nasty things about a family that has done nothing but try to represent this University in the best way possible and makes extra effort to help many needy groups in the SC area. Are you envious? You are disgusting.

He probably does...on his terms. Which, schools are apparently unwilling to give. Fact is, and this is a fact, he coached two different All Big Ten QB's who were also All B1G MVP's. Can you name me an offensive coordinator in the B1G that had that accomplishment?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT