ADVERTISEMENT

January 2020 PSU Tweets/Articles Thread

Ohio State kids probably just waking up in time to log in to their first online class of the day.

source.gif

Ranking college football's best September nonconference games of 2020

WRITTEN BY BILL BENDER

7. Penn State at Virginia Tech (Sept. 12)
The Nittany Lions are stepping out to Blacksburg, and it's on Virginia Tech to win this game given their struggles against top-10 opponents under Justin Fuente (0-4). Penn State will be one such team, and it will have a chance to score a key nonconference win before turning to Big Ten play.

Reactions: psuaxe70
Eh. How are you a possible "breakout player" if you rushed for almost 1000 yards the year before? I would have gone with Oweh or Brandon Smith.

College football's breakout players for each Top 25 team in 2020

ESPN staff
iu

9. Penn State Nittany Lions: RB Journey Brown
The senior-to-be had a bit of a breakout this season, rushing for 890 yards and 12 touchdowns. He rushed for 100-plus yards in three of the last four games, including a 202-yard explosion in the Cotton Bowl win over Memphis. In new offensive coordinator Kirk Ciarrocca's run-and-go-route-heavy system, Brown and fellow backs Noah Cain and Devyn Ford will get lots of opportunities to shine, especially if a wideout emerges to stretch the field on some of those go routes. -- Bill Connelly

Reactions: psuaxe70
Shaka Toney was working out with his PSU teammates in the video released by PSU today. Seems like a good indication he's coming back.

I'm pretty sure Friday was the deadline for underclassmen to declare for the draft. If we don't know by now, I think it's safe to assume nobody else declared.

With Joseph and Shorter in the portal, we are still 5 over the limit.

It's a shame on Joseph. I always felt like he produced in the little reps he did get. I felt like he could still develop pretty well. I'm guessing this means Oweh and Isaac are looking like they are ready to take over sooner rather than later.

Reactions: royboy
Probably more to come in the next few days.

We are still five over the limit, so at least that many will need to leave the team in some capacity before the season starts. I'm expecting a couple more soon and maybe a couple after spring practice. If I'm not mistaken, I think that's how things have typically happened.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT