ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Dogs in strollers

LMTLION

Mar 20, 2008
Why the hell do people put their dogs in a stroller? I started noticing this the last few years with people putting the toy breeds in strollers, and the trend seems to be accelerating this month as the weather improves. This evening I witnessed a (likely nutjob) couple pushing a bulldog in a freaking stroller in my neighborhood. Isn’t this abuse? Is it ethical to work out one’s mental health issues by putting their dogs into a stroller? Dogs should be walked and not pushed in a stroller. They are meant to regularly exercise. We religiously walked our dog every day of his life until he passed last year.

"That is funny! It really bothers me to see these poor freaking dogs locked up in a stroller."

I beg to differ. We have 2 pups -- 15yo male and a 11 yo female. We live on a CC golf course so they get plenty of walks. We bought the stroller in anticipation of our 15 yo struggling to keep up but we have to use it occasionally for our 11 yo who has developed a very nasty limp (muscle strain). We can now all enjoy our walks. without leaving one at home. The pups love the stroller and our 11 yo feels like a Queen. We don't keep her in the stroller all the time and let her out to sniff other pups and greet her favorite humans. We also don't have to use a leash (we carry leashes with us in case). They are well trained and stick by us. They chase the geese, ducks, squirrels, deer, and rabbits, and then come back to us when called. Some golfers carry treats for when they see the pups. They get more exercise than most dogs. Don't judge - look at the other side sometimes.

Why the hell do people put their dogs in a stroller? I started noticing this the last few years with people putting the toy breeds in strollers, and the trend seems to be accelerating this month as the weather improves. This evening I witnessed a (likely nutjob) couple pushing a bulldog in a freaking stroller in my neighborhood. Isn’t this abuse? Is it ethical to work out one’s mental health issues by putting their dogs into a stroller? Dogs should be walked and not pushed in a stroller. They are meant to regularly exercise. We religiously walked our dog every day of his life until he passed last year.
To keep this thread legal, are they on the offensive or defensive squad and what positions are they training for.

To keep this thread legal, are they on the offensive or defensive squad and what positions are they training for.
I will help get rid of this silly thread.

We didn't have dogs in strollers until Biden took over. Trump prevented this. Dogs in strollers are a result of Biden's dementia. The Dems are in favor of dead babies, a huge national debt, and fat dogs in strollers.

I did my good deed for today.

I will help get rid of this silly thread.

We didn't have dogs in strollers until Biden took over. Trump prevented this. Dogs in strollers are a result of Biden's dementia. The Dems are in favor of dead babies, a huge national debt, and fat dogs in strollers.

I did my good deed for today.
LOL...great idea in order to get threads deleted.

benjammins-clap.gif

We have a now 12 week old lab. I cannot imagine that little girl ever sitting still long enough to be in a stroller.

Reactions: bison13
"That is funny! It really bothers me to see these poor freaking dogs locked up in a stroller."

I beg to differ. We have 2 pups -- 15yo male and a 11 yo female. We live on a CC golf course so they get plenty of walks. We bought the stroller in anticipation of our 15 yo struggling to keep up but we have to use it occasionally for our 11 yo who has developed a very nasty limp (muscle strain). We can now all enjoy our walks. without leaving one at home. The pups love the stroller and our 11 yo feels like a Queen. We don't keep her in the stroller all the time and let her out to sniff other pups and greet her favorite humans. We also don't have to use a leash (we carry leashes with us in case). They are well trained and stick by us. They chase the geese, ducks, squirrels, deer, and rabbits, and then come back to us when called. Some golfers carry treats for when they see the pups. They get more exercise than most dogs. Don't judge - look at the other side sometimes.
I don't really have a problem with dogs in strollers, but I do have a problem with people taking a walk on the course. Our CC doesn't allow it, but some people do anyways.

Why the hell do people put their dogs in a stroller? I started noticing this the last few years with people putting the toy breeds in strollers, and the trend seems to be accelerating this month as the weather improves. This evening I witnessed a (likely nutjob) couple pushing a bulldog in a freaking stroller in my neighborhood. Isn’t this abuse? Is it ethical to work out one’s mental health issues by putting their dogs into a stroller? Dogs should be walked and not pushed in a stroller. They are meant to regularly exercise. We religiously walked our dog every day of his life until he passed last year
I see a lot of people driving golf carts and the dog often sits in the front seat while the wife sits in the back.

Agreed with this older dogs can't walk as long as they used to yet still enjoy just being outside and being with you while you're walking. But if someone had a perfectly healthy 3 year old lab in a stroller there's a problem lol

I can certainly see that with senior dogs. I suspect that you may be the exception rather than the norm. I think these people are walking younger dogs in strollers, which is just wrong. They’re meant to be walked. I really believe I’m missing something in pop culture or TikTok, or whatever, that it’s meant to be fashionable to walk your dog in strollers now, as I see a this occurring much more frequently lately.

Good question.

It's because dogs have become the babies of our time.

People's interest in having kids continues to plummet...so dogs are the replacement option. A lot less costly and emotionally draining. (Don't get me wrong: I love dogs...had one as a kid for 12 years...an Airedale Terrier...virtually a member of our family.)

Reactions: 91Joe95
Good question.

People's interest in having kids continues to plummet...so dogs are the replacement option. A lot less costly and emotionally draining. (Don't get me wrong: I love dogs...had one as a kid for 12 years...an Airedale Terrier...virtually a member of our family.)
Very true. There are two women in my office who are ~40 years old and have no kids. One is obsessed with her three dogs and another with her cats.

Reactions: bison13 and Jerry
My local grocery store, which is not a big chain, has signs on the doors stating dogs are not allowed in grocery carts so I think you’re on to something. I will say that bulldogs are a different breed and if they decide they don’t want to walk you’re going to have a difficult time getting them to walk. It is also true that older dogs may still enjoy quality of life but struggle with walking.

Good question.

That is a very interesting take. And I think it may have a lot of validity.

My local grocery store, which is not a big chain, has signs on the doors stating dogs are not allowed in grocery carts so I think you’re on to something. I will say that bulldogs are a different breed and if they decide they don’t want to walk you’re going to have a difficult time getting them to walk. It is also true that older dogs may still enjoy quality of life but struggle with walking.
Recently, I saw a couple pushing a dog in a stroller in freaking Home Depot of all places. You can probably guess what I thought about the guy’s manhood!

Some people get these tiny toy dogs. They are so small they tire after a short e walk and even struggle to keep up with an adult. Lot of dogs hate walking on wet grass, another reason.

What irks me is the tiny toy dogs that women carry in their purse. Knew one woman that was never seperated from her toy.

I don't really have a problem with dogs in strollers, but I do have a problem with people taking a walk on the course. Our CC doesn't allow it, but some people do anyways.
Similarly, I can’t stand when I see people walking dogs on School property during the day. I was visiting a school a couple weeks ago when it was really nice down here in Baltimore and the woman let the dog drop a deuce right on the middle of the baseball field and didn’t pick it up.

• Angry
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Some people have come to the conclusion that having children is unethical or irresponsible.
Some think there are already too many people on earth. Some think our country is evil and they don't want to bring kids into it.

Reactions: 91Joe95
I see dogs being wheeled around in a stroller as ridiculous as Biden asking permission from his "handlers" if he can answer questions at a press conference.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and bison13
The CC course is not always open or it may be closed until the frost has lifted or it may be raining and no one is out.. We don't walk on the course if golfers are there. There is a service road that does a half circle around the course - we walk the pups on that.

JoePa used to walk the White course. Sometime in the early 2000's, I was back in SC for a golf outing. We were maybe on the 16th tee and Joe came around a bend and told us to hit em straight and then he continued to walk down the side of the fairway. He would walk over from his house to the course.

Walking a bulldog for longer distances is cruel. You could also argue breeding bulldogs is cruel.

We have a big French Bulldog (~35 pounds, not fat just a bigger frame) and he’s great for short walks but anything long he just quits. Our buddy was watching him for a week and tried to take him on like a 2 mile walk and had to carry him over a mile home when he laid down and refused to move. If it’s hot out he can’t even make it around the block without overheating.

Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio
My statistics professor taught us that, while technically different calculations, mean, median and mode were all measures of “average.”
Mean and median is the point where half of the set is above and half is below.

Average is a mathematical calculation of the total valuation of the set. If 1,000 people make 100,000 per year and 1000 make 200,000 the average is 150,000. But change it so one person makes a million and the average changes far more than the median.

Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio
My statistics professor taught us that, while technically different calculations, mean, median and mode were all measures of “average.”
That term ‘average’ can used very loosely to fit those three terms, but those of us in math hate when people claim that a median or mode is an average though. Median is the middle number of a distribution when the distribution is written in successive order either increasing or decreasing. Mode is the most common value in that distribution and mean is of course, the average where you total up all of the values and divide by the number of values.

In a basic statistics course, those terms would probably be covered on day one and the use of skewed distributions would show that mode is never a good way to describe the average, and that the best representation for non-normal data is typically a median or 50th percentile due to a value that skews the data.

Mean and median is the point where half of the set is above and half is below.

Average is a mathematical calculation of the total valuation of the set. If 1,000 people make 100,000 per year and 1000 make 200,000 the average is 150,000. But change it so one person makes a million and the average changes far more than the median.
I’m aware.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT