ADVERTISEMENT

Is an OC hotboard coming?

Samurailion

May 29, 2001
Be interesting to see who the Bwi staff believes could be a fit for the job. Maybe some outside the box candidates we haven't thought of. Thanks

I've seen a few articles speculating on who could be targets. I wonder what the fans of those teams are thinking on their forums. "Why would ____ go there? It's a lateral move at best. ..... " These are the same types of articles that get our panties all bunched up when they mention Franklin. And we start a new thread(s) every single time a new article is written or someone tweets something.

History has shown that Franklin won't show his hand until it's pretty much time to show it.

Reactions: gslachta
I've seen a few articles speculating on who could be targets. I wonder what the fans of those teams are thinking on their forums. "Why would ____ go there? It's a lateral move at best. ..... " These are the same types of articles that get our panties all bunched up when they mention Franklin. And we start a new thread(s) every single time a new article is written or someone tweets something.

History has shown that Franklin won't show his hand until it's pretty much time to show it.
You mean nobody it tracking flights out of State College yet.

Is anyone surprised by the delay in announcing the details of Franklin’s extension. Seems very unusual to me. Wondering if the details are somehow tied to the OC hire

I wonder how this affects bowl game preparation more than who the next OC is.

Is anyone surprised by the delay in announcing the details of Franklin’s extension. Seems very unusual to me. Wondering if the details are somehow tied to the OC hire

what makes you think the details will be released?

Not possible for him to be ahead of us on this because BWI was already replacing Rahne 7 seconds after he got promoted.

We have too big a head start for Franklin to overcome.
Many on here were talking about his replacement weeks before he got promoted.

Interestingly enough the position of offensive coordinator for the football team was posted on the Penn State job site on December 3rd. It's since been taken down.

https://psu.jobs/job/60957
Who knows on that. May mean something or nothing.

Fair to expect the person CJF wants didn’t respond to a generalized online job posting on PSUs website.

Obviously not, but it is a requirement that the job be posted. I found it interesting that the job was posted almost a week before Rahne took the ODU job.
Good catch. I missed that.

And yes, it's interesting, but it also says 2015. Wishing RR and his family the best with this new chapter. It's a great opportunity.

Reactions: gslachta
Because his first two contracts were released the day they were announced. And Franklin states details would be given

this is from Dec 8:

He said he hasn’t actually signed the final contract yet since he’s mostly been on the road recruiting. (Three-star LB commit Tyler Elsdon tweeted a photo of Franklin’s in-home visitwith him Friday, when the extension was announced.) But, once it is signed, Franklin said it would be released soon afterward.

He probably knows who he wants. Or has a very short list. I'd bet he's way further along in the process than we are here on the McAndrew board.
He's way further along on everything than we are on this board.

Reactions: m48tank
Dont know what it means but numerous PSU football players CJ Thorpe, Lamont Wade, Pat Freiermuth are all following or being followed by Long. There may be another connection but a few names I saw. Again may be nothing to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: PearlandLion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT