ADVERTISEMENT

Is an OC hotboard coming?

I just wish that Franklin would hurry up and announce the hire. Without someone in place it’s hard to focus in on the OC’s lack of originality and uninspiring play calling.
The longer it goes on, the more likely it’s a higher profile hire from a team that still has things to play for.

For example, if Burrow is an option, you think he will abandon LSU and their CFP run? Doesn’t work like that.

More out of ignorance on my part - but doesn't Chip Long run a pro-style offense? ND has gone under center a lot over the past couple of seasons, right?

I wonder why Long is leaving ND? I think Kelly's offenses have had the most success while Long has been the OC.

Dont know what it means but numerous PSU football players CJ Thorpe, Lamont Wade, Pat Freiermuth are all following or being followed by Long. There may be another connection but a few names I saw. Again may be nothing to it.

Maybe they started following him when he was at notre dame and they all thought about transferring.

:eek:

The longer it goes on, the more likely it’s a higher profile hire from a team that still has things to play for.

For example, if Burrow is an option, you think he will abandon LSU and their CFP run? Doesn’t work like that.

I sincerely doubt Burrow will take the job. Pretty sure the Bengals will offer him significantly more money

On the L247 podcast, Fitz felt that Rahne was a good college OC but probably wasn't quite at the level of a CFB playoff coordinator. Hard to disagree with that. Also, TDsTake felt that the next OC could be from the NFL and needs to have the QB coaching aspect as it is really needed at PS.

On the L247 podcast, Fitz felt that Rahne was a good college OC but probably wasn't quite at the level of a CFB playoff coordinator. Hard to disagree with that. Also, TDsTake felt that the next OC could be from the NFL and needs to have the QB coaching aspect as it is really needed at PS.
I am hoping for someone with QB cache that can start convincing the elite QBs to come here

More out of ignorance on my part - but doesn't Chip Long run a pro-style offense? ND has gone under center a lot over the past couple of seasons, right?

I wonder why Long is leaving ND? I think Kelly's offenses have had the most success while Long has been the OC.

Seems like Kelly and and Long butted heads often, hence the move. ND fans don’t seem happy with Long’s departure, so that’s something.

you would have to make another change to make it work.
Coaches do switch positional assignments quite frequently at times. Franklin coached QBs for 5 years after being. WR coach earlier in his career. BOB coached TE, RB and WR from 1993-2009 before becoming the QBs coach of the Patriots.

Coaches do switch positional assignments at times. Franklin coached QBs for 5 years after being. WR coach earlier in his career.
That will get all of the top QB recruits excited. Moving someone to coach the most important position on the field that hasn't coached that position before.

Scott Milanvoich QB coach of the Jaguars and has OC experience in NFL Europe and CFL

Coaches do switch positional assignments quite frequently at times. Franklin coached QBs for 5 years after being. WR coach earlier in his career. BOB coached TE, RB and WR from 1993-2009 before becoming the QBs coach of the Patriots.

I was talking more of a big type of movement. My fantasy scenario has been Limegrover to ODU as OC, Bowen to OL, Chip Long to Co OC/TE, and Joe brady to Co-OC/QB.

My idea is so out to lunch that I havent had one comment on it, hahahahaha.

Im gonna say that has to be false.....hasnt been in college so recruiting is a question....

unless he is coming to coach QB's cause the new OC is also the new TE coach.

My guess is that Franklin would not want to shuffle the staff too much this off-season. So I'd think the ideal candidate will be someone who has also coached QBs. My guess is that the new guys title will be OC/QB Coach

I do not believe any of our other coaches have experience coaching QBs.

I wonder if LSU fans said that about Joe Brady before he was hired. And no, I don't count being a GA as "coaching"

He was at least on a college staff and saw two years of a recruiting calendar. Also, Joe is not the OC at LSU

And who would take over coaching our QBs? I don't see any of our current Offensive assistants that have any experience developing QBs

Is Bob Phillips still alive? Used to love how he'd coach our QB's to drop back backwards (i.e., right handed QB's dropped back with their left shoulder away from the line of scrimmage), then have to pivot 180 degrees to actually throw a pass.

Question... does that technique work with the RPO? o_O

The longer it goes, the more I think the OC is already on staff and we're looking for a QB guru.

Reactions: kevin310
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT